Holo Audio Bliss
Aug 14, 2023 at 5:17 AM Post #2,731 of 3,361
I tried the Bliss KTE and the Serene L1 on the same two-channel speaker setup using the Holo Spring 3 KTE as DAC.

Comparatively, the Bliss KTE sounds more treble-forward, with more excitement and a very open soundstage. Not harsh in any way but has a very high resolution. There could be slightly more bass and body but the treble sparkle is super. Perhaps the treble sparkle is for pairing with the Susvara, which has a gentler treble.

Serene L1 is smoother, more "analog" sounding, more laid back, less treble sparkle but more body. Gave my solid state system a little "tube"-like fluidity and roundness. There is a choice of XLR1 and XLR2 outputs with different impedances and sound different. It is very sensitive to power cable and system changes.

I wish I had a Serene L2 for comparison but others had said that L1 and L2 are very similar on speaker setups.
Thank you.

Aug 15, 2023 at 10:31 PM Post #2,732 of 3,361
What're you guys using to connect your Bliss and Spring ?

Aug 16, 2023 at 1:16 AM Post #2,733 of 3,361
What're you guys using to connect your Bliss and Spring ?
I use XLR or are you asking if people are using Mogami copper or an overpriced boutique silver XLR cable.

As you can tell from my response, I am not a big believer in the expensive cable debate.

I make my own interconnects using Mogami copper and use a Kumihimo disk to make the braiding process quick, easy and mistake free.

https://www.amazon.com/Beadsmith-KD...228&sprefix=kumihimo+disk,aps,147&sr=8-2&th=1

I purchased a spool of ocf silver and made a few interconnects and I personally did not hear a difference.

I say making your own cables is the way to go.

I buy from Heart Audio sometimes because I like supporting folks that make product with a passion, like Heart Audio and Vikingweave.

Aug 16, 2023 at 4:29 AM Post #2,734 of 3,361
I use XLR or are you asking if people are using Mogami copper or an overpriced boutique silver XLR cable.

As you can tell from my response, I am not a big believer in the expensive cable debate.

I make my own interconnects using Mogami copper and use a Kumihimo disk to make the braiding process quick, easy and mistake free.

https://www.amazon.com/Beadsmith-KD600-Kumihimo-English-Instructions/dp/B00337D5MC/ref=sr_1_2?crid=KL7DWYQTF7D5&keywords=kumihimo+disk+for+paracord&qid=1692162228&sprefix=kumihimo+disk,aps,147&sr=8-2&th=1

I purchased a spool of ocf silver and made a few interconnects and I personally did not hear a difference.

I say making your own cables is the way to go.

I buy from Heart Audio sometimes because I like supporting folks that make product with a passion, like Heart Audio and Vikingweave.

I second that. Mogami 2549 > botique overpriced interconnects.

Aug 16, 2023 at 5:29 AM Post #2,735 of 3,361
I use boutique silver XLR interconnects from Lavri and they have made a huge difference. They replaced an OHNO CCC copper XLR.

Aug 16, 2023 at 7:03 AM Post #2,736 of 3,361
I never could you hear a difference between boutique interconnectors and Mogami / WBC cables. Not saying its pure snake oil, but I am yet to expirience a boutique XLR cable that does something differently.

Aug 16, 2023 at 8:14 AM Post #2,737 of 3,361
Look around especially aliexpress for value for money cable, personally I can definitely hear difference between different cables. I build my own cable also. I also have boutique cable (like Ansuz diamond XLR) . If you can't hear or cable make no diff I would like to congrats to you cos you save a few tons. For holo stacks, I found that using quality silver cable preserve the transparency.

In my pass years of experiment, I found a really cheap but very good quality silver coated copper cable has the most performance/value.

IMG_1914.jpeg

IMG_1916.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2023 at 8:58 AM Post #2,738 of 3,361
Look around especially aliexpress for value for money cable, personally I can definitely hear difference between different cables. I build my own cable also. I also have boutique cable (like Ansuz diamond XLR) . If you can't hear or cable make no diff I would like to congrats to you cos you save a few tons. For holo stacks, I found that using quality silver cable preserve the transparency.

In my pass years of experiment, I found a really cheap but very good quality silver coated copper cable has the most performance/value.

Do you have an alibaba link to "good value" cables maybe? I definitly heard a difference between regular RCA cables when I upgraded to Mogami, but had a friend around with 1k euro silver XLR cables around and after many tries I couldnt hear a difference to mogami for some reason.

Aug 16, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #2,739 of 3,361
Here you go. I bought many years ago. These one you have to try for yourself.

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! SG$6.23 45% Off | 10m Audiocrast High Purity Silver Plated 6N OCC Wire Copper Cable For Hifi Audio DIY Amplifier Headphone Speaker cable
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMsMfR8

Aug 16, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #2,740 of 3,361
They replaced an OHNO CCC copper XLR.
I was wondering what you had replaced the TWL cables with, but is probably a discussion for the other thread.

Aug 16, 2023 at 12:10 PM Post #2,741 of 3,361
I was wondering what you had replaced the TWL cables with, but is probably a discussion for the other thread.
Yes, TWL.

I recommend trying silver in the chain for Susvara owners. They can be polite sounding but the silver XLRs and silver headphone cable have awakened them in my system. Incredible transparency and warmth, which don't usually happen at the same time. I'm getting no brightness, just a natural sound that's quite pleasing.

Aug 16, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #2,742 of 3,361
Yes, TWL.

I recommend trying silver in the chain for Susvara owners. They can be polite sounding but the silver XLRs and silver headphone cable have awakened them in my system. Incredible transparency and warmth, which don't usually happen at the same time. I'm getting no brightness, just a natural sound that's quite pleasing.
only could find those https://triodewirelabs.com/product/balanced-xlr/, but it looks like they are copper?

Aug 16, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #2,743 of 3,361
Aug 16, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #2,744 of 3,361
When you get to this level, it's just a matter of what flavor you want.
Yeah, cherry-flavoured or strawberry-flavoured snake oil.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back