Holo Audio Bliss
Aug 8, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #16 of 3,234
Very excited for This.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #17 of 3,234
I wouldn't be worried about driving capability of Bliss, if that is only considered by output rate(W) which means there is not much of juice to get.
I had a Phonitor E which has output rate of 5W about 40ohm according to manufacturer, while that of holo audio Azure is only 1W.
However, in fact, Azure drives he6se v2 much easier than Phonitor E, and sounds too good.
From that, i learned output rate(W) is not only one that should be considered, when you match the amplifier to your cans.
And this is exactly what have i told from jeff's product description(taobao).
From my memory, Phonitor E was doing everything make too smooth and most of, microdynamics was fall behind to that of Azure's. (Two amps are compared with both using shunyata venom 3)

And as much as i surprised how azure can swing the power hungry can, I would not hesitate when Bliss released, as it should embrace any cans i think(it is jeff's philosophy actually).

Aug 12, 2022 at 5:46 AM Post #18 of 3,234
I spoke to Jeff about the Bliss a few months back. Afaik it's almost ready now so hopefully we might see it in the next month or so.

From what I understand, originally the Serene was supposed to be both a headphone amp, and a preamplifier. But Jeff decided he could make a better pre and better headphone amp by doing it separately.

The Serene was already far through development, so it kept some stuff like the ability to drive headphones (XLR-1 Outputs have upto 3W @ 32 Ohm full class A, and sound ****ing brilliant), but was focused towards a preamp first, that just so happened to be able to drive headphones.

The Bliss will apparently sound very similar to Serene, but Jeff was aiming for about 10W output power and I'd assume the design might be changed to optimise for driving difficult loads instead of >50kOhm amp inputs, plus of course all the connectivity etc.

I absolutely adored the sound of the Serene as a headphone amp. It was my favourite amp for everything other than Susvara (which needed more juice to sound its best and I ran it through the AHB2).
So if Bliss basically sounds like a Serene but with more power on tap, that's gonna be pretty fantastic. Jeff is still using Susvara as his main headphone I think so it should be a pretty perfect pairing I'd hope

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #19 of 3,234
I absolutely adored the sound of the Serene as a headphone amp. It was my favourite amp for everything other than Susvara (which needed more juice to sound its best and I ran it through the AHB2).
So if Bliss basically sounds like a Serene but with more power on tap, that's gonna be pretty fantastic. Jeff is still using Susvara as his main headphone I think so it should be a pretty perfect pairing I'd hope
So to you, this (the Bliss) or the Zahl HM1?

Aug 12, 2022 at 6:06 AM Post #20 of 3,234
Aug 14, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #21 of 3,234
Bliss is 3x cheaper, if it's even close, and I suspect it will be, it'll be an exceptional value.
A dealer with a Bliss right now has stopped using AHB2 with Susvara in favor of the Bliss, which says a lot; I may just be using the AHB2 as a speaker amp if the Bliss is competent enough with Susvara, and selling HPA4.

Aug 14, 2022 at 10:39 AM Post #22 of 3,234
Bliss is 3x cheaper, if it's even close, and I suspect it will be, it'll be an exceptional value.
A dealer with a Bliss right now has stopped using AHB2 with Susvara in favor of the Bliss, which says a lot; I may just be using the AHB2 as a speaker amp if the Bliss is competent enough with Susvara, and selling HPA4.
Yeah HM1 is unlikely to be an ideal recommendation for most people. As you mentioned, it's going to be about 3x the cost, but even if you can get the money for one, there are only 50 being made per year, all of which have sold out this year and afaik most of next year's units are too.
HM1 has some features that are excellent from a reviewer's perspective, plus things like the stereo base adjustment and built in EQ.
Plus the ability to run it either with or without feedback is really nice.
But in a pure SQ question, we will have to wait and see. I'd predict they will both be similar in performance but slightly different in presentation.

I've got an HM1 on order, I'm not sure whether I'll end up buying a Bliss but I will be getting a review unit so will be able to try it out. I absolutely adored the Serene as a headphone amp so if it is a serene with more juice it's going to be stellar

Aug 14, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #23 of 3,234
Good, so it is no longer vaporware. Hopefully we can expect some real information and order soon.

Aug 17, 2022 at 3:25 AM Post #25 of 3,234
I spoke to Jeff about the Bliss a few months back. Afaik it's almost ready now so hopefully we might see it in the next month or so.

From what I understand, originally the Serene was supposed to be both a headphone amp, and a preamplifier. But Jeff decided he could make a better pre and better headphone amp by doing it separately.

The Serene was already far through development, so it kept some stuff like the ability to drive headphones (XLR-1 Outputs have upto 3W @ 32 Ohm full class A, and sound ****ing brilliant), but was focused towards a preamp first, that just so happened to be able to drive headphones.

The Bliss will apparently sound very similar to Serene, but Jeff was aiming for about 10W output power and I'd assume the design might be changed to optimise for driving difficult loads instead of >50kOhm amp inputs, plus of course all the connectivity etc.

How did the 1266 TC go with the serene?

Aug 17, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #27 of 3,234
Aug 26, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #29 of 3,234
Hoping it’s a standalone amp. I want their absolute best amp product possible for the money. Niimbus us5 pro performance for Volot/soloist 3gt money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back