Holiday trip to Peru
May 29, 2008 at 2:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

greenhorn

Headphoneus Supremus
I am planning to spend my August holiday in Peru.

If you live in Peru or if you have spent already some holidays in Peru, please give me any information, hints etc. you think might be useful.

I am considering a 10 days or so organised trip (belonging to a group, with a bus and a guide), but I am open to any other suggestion, if you think this would not be a good idea.

Thanks a lot in advance!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 29, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #4 of 10
I haven't been in Peru, but two very good friends and I went on a 6 months round trip starting in Venezuela, through the Amazon, and down the coast of Brazil to Argentina a few years ago. It was amazing! Met lots of great and kind people. The small no-tourist places was what I enjoyed the most.

I am sure you will have a good time!

May 29, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #6 of 10
I lived in Peru for a couple of years. A nice route to take is to travel south along the coast to Arequipa, stopping at places like Nasca and others along the way. Then from Arequipa, you should go straight to Cusco and Macchu Picchu.

I don't recommend spending any time in Lima and with only 10 days, I would want to spend at least 3 or 4 in the Cusco area.

Have fun. It's truly a magical place.

May 29, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #7 of 10
Thanks, all of you.

So what would be better:

A. to buy an organised trip, with bus and guide, from a travel agency, or

B. to get only flight tix, then, once in Peru, rent a car and stop wherever we'll like to, sleep where we find a hotel on the road...

Which is the better option for some non-Spanish speaking Europeans?
biggrin.gif

May 30, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #8 of 10
Or maybe it's better to buy only the flights France - Peru and then book with a Peruvian travel agency the Peru tour itself.

I found this site, which gives the possibility to choose and book personalised tours: MACHU PICCHU GATEWAY,Inca trail,Hotels,Tours,Peru Vacation Travel

Any comments on this last holiday version? Thanks a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back