Holiday portable amp give-away!
Dec 9, 2007 at 3:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 95

Skylab

Reviewerus Prolificus
I have decided to give away the following portable amps to some lucky head-fiers:

1. iBasso Audio D1 amp/DAC
2. iBasso Audio T2 amp
3. MicroShar uAmp107

Three lucky winners will be chosen by me, based on your making a post in this thread explaining why I should choose you. This can be serious or campy, so it does not have to be some tale of woe
smily_headphones1.gif
. The winners will be notified in PM, and then asked to provide name and address within 24 hours. Note that I will NOT be posting who was picked.

This offer is open until 12:00 noon CST on Monday Dec 10th.

Happy holidays!

Dec 9, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #2 of 95
I've never owned a dedicated headphone amp (or DAC) in my life. Yes, that means I listen to my vinyl rig through my parents' Bose speakers (Wave Radio no less). Help!
tongue.gif

You should also choose me because I've got connections to a certain race of aliens who is quite unhappy with the state of Earth affairs and will only hold their attacks if you choose me. The fate of Earth lies in your hands!

Also my brother is the president of Nigeria, you see, and he has $9.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000 he needs to hide and will only give it to someone who gives away a headphone amp to a user whose username begins with g and ends in oldenratiophi. You get to keep all the interest, so you clearly can't go wrong here.

oh crap these stories are getting better, I'd better differentiate mine somehow...

[size=xx-large]I'LL BE YOUR BEST FRIEND FOREVER!!!!!!![/size]

And I also have the first post in this thread. This seemingly innocuous fact reveals a deep psychological need for an amp. And you don't want me to go insane, do you?

I'm also jobless and cashless and a student.
And check out my profile! It's got, like, nothing!

Dec 9, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #3 of 95
I also don't have a portable amp. Also, I have stingy parents who think I'm crazy for thinking about 200 dollar IEMS! Help me!

Edit.. : Oh and I am going to basically spend my Christmas at two airports since I am visiting my sick grandfather. Also, I had to convince my parents not to buy me the MS1s, but convince them so I can buy them.. Thats right.. I had to get permission to buy them myself.

On another note, they wont let me buy anything related to headphones until June next year. I am 15, and I have no money.

Dec 9, 2007 at 4:09 AM Post #5 of 95
I really need a DAC for my computer so the iBasso D1 would be great and I also need an amp that can amp 600ohm headphones so the Microshar would also be nice. Also if you don't pick me I will send the 'Noid to your house.
NOID.GIF

Give it to me and you will avoid the 'Noid!

Dec 9, 2007 at 4:23 AM Post #6 of 95
I'd like to win the iBasso Audio D1 amp/DAC, because I have a Tomahawk, and I'd like something a bit more powerful that can drive my Grado SR80s. I also do not have a DAC for my laptop, so this would also solve this problem. Other than that, I just wanna continue enjoying my tunes through my cans at home as well as on teh roads
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 9, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #7 of 95
My love for music goes back as when I was still a toddler.

Listening to the 80s cassettes that my parents had, I developed a love for music at an early age. Michael Jackson and Madonna were the first two music artists that I was introduced to, and what a great way to introduce music to a young child indeed.

I grew up in a family that had no money for music gadgets such as a PCDP. I really wanted one when I was young, but gifts just came to me whenever it was my birthday and christmas. Me, being the music lover, would indulge when I got home from school. I was lucky enough to have a system at home. I was 12 when I was listening heavily o RnB - Next, Blackstreet...etc. I'd blast my system from the time I got home and still let it play throughout my sleep. I cannot turn it off until I go to school. Music is my life.

Fast forwarding to now: I have money to spend because I work hard and having developed Tinnitus, my love for music is still growing day by day, minute by minute. I've expanded my musical tastes, anywhere from the Barry Whites to Kanye Wests. I discovered head-fi earlier this year while looking for some good headphones at another message board. A dude was kind enough to direct me to to headfi. Yes, my wallet was damaged heavily but as long as I'm enjoying my music, I'm in for anything.

Skylab, any of those amps would be a great addition to my portable set-up. I'd enjoy the tunes that I was listening to when I was a young kid more in my opinion. It'd be the best Christmas for me musical wise.

Thanks for taking time in reading my little input. I'll be crossing my fingers.

Dec 9, 2007 at 4:39 AM Post #8 of 95
My son wants an amp, but funds are too tight right now.
(I've gone back to school full time so no more audio toys
frown.gif
)

Last year he was so much trouble I was ready to ship him off to Military school (seriously)
eek.gif

This year he's really turned himself around, and the change has been nothing short of remarkable.
He's getting along with everyone so much better, doing good in school, helping around the house, doing his chores, fixing the car etc...
I would like to reward him if I could.
This would be perfect.

TR

Dec 9, 2007 at 4:44 AM Post #9 of 95
It would be nice to have an amp for my headphones. I don't have any experience whatsoever with headphone amps be it portable or not, and therefore only listen directly out of my 5.5G ipod or my HP laptop. Lack of an amp and funds (school is sucking me dry) seriously debilitates my headphone choices to the less amp-dependent cans. This would be a great step-up into my forray of higher audio fidelity!

Dec 9, 2007 at 4:48 AM Post #10 of 95
First of all, I would like to thank you for your generosity. I would love to get the D1 amp/Dac combo because I don't have a DAC for my laptop . I love music and would love to get the most out of my music.

If I am blessed with receiving this amp, I will give away my PA2V2 amp. I will even make a leather case that will wrap around the amp to match the leather case that comes with the D1. In addition to the PA2V2, I will give away another one of my custom made Grado lambskin leather headbands, which will give those who did not win one the first round, another chance.

thanks again for the generosity!

Dec 9, 2007 at 4:50 AM Post #11 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My son wants an amp, but funds are too tight right now.
(I've gone back to school full time so no more audio toys
frown.gif
)

Last year he was so much trouble I was ready to ship him off to Military school (seriously)
eek.gif

This year he's really turned himself around, and the change has been nothing short of remarkable.
He's getting along with everyone so much better, doing good in school, helping around the house, doing his chores, fixing the car etc...
I would like to reward him if I could.
This would be perfect.

TR

I want him to win
tongue.gif

Dec 9, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #12 of 95
i don't know... i guess too many people are talking with so much I, I, I...

if i win, i'll go ahead and pass it on to someone who needs it here in korea.
and pass it forward.

most of you who's going to post it up here has something and can afford it.

to give and share is what it's all about isn't it?
anyways, happy holidays!!!!!

and i do hope todd's kid wins
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 9, 2007 at 5:42 AM Post #13 of 95
Being an on-the-job trainee, most all of my money is currently going to keeping a roof over my head and paying bills. It would be nice to have a new audio toy to play with if I won.

I do agree with several of the people here-->Todd R seems to have the best reason to win here.

Dec 9, 2007 at 5:48 AM Post #14 of 95
Hey, nice giveaway!

I'd like to get an amp because I can't afford much new gear until I finish university (in a bazillion years this means). My portable gear is respectable but I need something for the home like the D1 with the DAC, it'd be a building block for a home rig! I'd only need home headphones then, which in time I could afford with my student budget!

I can save up enough money for some nice gear by eating ramen noodles daily to survive (or die faster in a way), but not enough to get a system up and running.

Also I'd love the portable amps (seems like I'm the only one lol!) because it seems like it has a different sound signature than my current one from the reviews which would help me learn what I like in order to better choose the rest of my gear in consequence! Also it's smaller than the headsix which would be great for the summer since I could clip it somewhere instead of letting it in my hand!

Dec 9, 2007 at 5:52 AM Post #15 of 95
yeah, todd's got a good story so send him one. and once you've done that i'd love to be the recipient of one of the other amps. hey, what the heck, i've been a good head-fier, and i'll even be your bud.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back