Holiday Exchange UPDATE
Oct 29, 2001 at 4:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

chadbang

Headphoneus Supremus
Greetings all. I'm going to post the names of those participating in the Holiday Exchange in two days. This is just a reminder for those who haven't emailed me yet, just what is going on. We are going to exhange new CDs (no compilations, sorry) over the holiday and the CD you mail to your gift buddy should arrive around New Years, January 1, 2002. In the name of sharing our musical loves with others, every manner of music is open to be exchanged - as long as you LOVE it, yourself. This is your chance to share your favourite album with someone around the world. The exchange is open to regular Head-Fi contributors who have been on the boards for awhile. Right now we have 12 people participating and more would be nice. This is just a reminder. When I post the names of those exchanging gifts in two days, I will then allow an additonal two days for a last chance to join. If you want to join now, email me at bradfordcheng@yahoo.com

Cheers
biggrin.gif

Oh, one IMPORTANT thing. When you email me, please, somewhere in the email sign the name you're known by here at Head-Fi. For example, if you're known as "acidtrip" here at Head-Fi and you just send me your real name "Barney Google" (jes, kidding, acidtrip) I won't know who I'm dealing with!
wink.gif

Oct 29, 2001 at 4:37 PM Post #2 of 15
If you expressed your interest in participating in the last thread about the Holiday CD Exchange -- but didn't e-mail chadbang -- make sure to do so now. I'm about to e-mail him myself.

Again, if you expressed interest in the thread, it may have been missed or not added. So be sure to e-mail chadbang asap.

Oct 29, 2001 at 6:43 PM Post #4 of 15
I would join, but I'd have such a hard time deciding on a cd to send.

Oct 29, 2001 at 9:18 PM Post #6 of 15
Xander.....you could send one of YOUR own CDs.....i'm doing that.

I mean, one i REALLY like.

Seriously.

NO, I'm not drunk.....listen for a sec.

I send a treasured disc, and get one IN return!

(No purchase necessary!)

Oct 30, 2001 at 2:44 PM Post #7 of 15
Lol. That was the most honest post I've ever read, Coolvij.

"No, I'm not drunk..."

lol

Oct 31, 2001 at 5:09 AM Post #8 of 15
C'mon peeps. This'll be fun. If you get a CD you hate don't forget there's the music/videos for sale/trade forum. If you get a CD you love you'll be awfully glad you signed up. Do it!

Nov 1, 2001 at 12:55 PM Post #10 of 15
Sorry Stuartr, I've been keeping the exhange group open ony to people who've been around a while (like 50+posts), just so we can rest easy that no on gets burnt by someone who pops ups, grabs a disc and doesn't reciprocate. I hope you can appreciate that. Sorry, man.

Nov 1, 2001 at 1:13 PM Post #11 of 15
Folks, Stuartr just wrote me a very nice letter explaining why he'd like to be part of the exchange. He appreciates the way we take music so seriously and would like to be part of the group and promises to fulfill his end of the the exchange. Well, it is the holidays and in the name of goodwill and fellowship I think we should include him - in fact - I already have.
biggrin.gif

Nov 1, 2001 at 1:38 PM Post #12 of 15
Well how wonderful of all of you!!
biggrin.gif
I truly promise you that I am not going to skip out on you all. I am just interested in sending someone an awesome cd, and getting one in return. Though I have only been on these forums for a little while, I have been reading a lot, and I really enjoy the way most people interact. Numerous people have excellent advice, and even if there are conflicting opinions, they tend to be addressed civilly, or at least humorously. I have learned a lot, and I am excited to add my tidbits of knowledge where I have them (the music forum comes to mind). Once again, thanks for your generosity chadbang, it is greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Stuart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back