Hmm gradoish upgrade....
Feb 20, 2007 at 9:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Nitpick

Head-Fier
I have a set of AKG K81s and the koss ksc-75s i wanna try out the SR60, sometimes im almost about to bite the bullet, but then i think to myself i have the ksc-75s and k81s so i can't be missing to much, just switch em around once in a while. But than i read about all these rewards and how you guys all talk about the grado's and what not, so im going nuts, damnit damnit choices are hard, and with a site like this it just aint easier, but i have avoided the big purchase so far.
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 20, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #3 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by RasmusseN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd say get a pair of Grado SR-60's if you don't like em you can always sell em on here for basically the same price.

That's a very dangerous suggestion...
evil_smiley.gif

SR-60 is the gateway to SR-225 and RS-1..... and PS-1..... and
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 20, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by RasmusseN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd say get a pair of Grado SR-60's if you don't like em you can always sell em on here for basically the same price.

Agreed. I have the K81DJs for work, due to isolating well. But I MUCH prefer the Grado sound. It's scary cuz a local shop sells RS-1s and has them in stock to demo..... Just what I need, to piss away another few hundred.

Feb 20, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #5 of 19
i'm thinking about an sr60 also. but then again i'm thinking that i can wait and save up for a sr80 and then i think i can wait for a sr225 and so on and so on!

i also have the k81's and i'm the happy owner of a koss ur-40

leaning a bit towards the senn 555 because it isn't expensive and i think it looks super cool!

Feb 20, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #6 of 19
Ahh no here it comes other recomendations the sr80, rs-1/2. I have looked into the sr80s but i have been told just get the sr60s and you'll be fine, as it's really just a pad upgrade.
SR60s are in my budget, but it's a matter of want or need, you know, i mean how many more times am i gonna hear my albums through different headphones, I wanna know if it justifies it, if the sr60s will be something like damn never heard this before, wow!.

Feb 20, 2007 at 10:07 PM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitpick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a set of AKG K81s and the koss ksc-75s i wanna try out the SR60, sometimes im almost about to bite the bullet, but then i think to myself i have the ksc-75s and k81s so i can't be missing to much, just switch em around once in a while. But than i read about all these rewards and how you guys all talk about the grado's and what not, so im going nuts, damnit damnit choices are hard, and with a site like this it just aint easier, but i have avoided the big purchase so far.
evil_smiley.gif

I have those 2 headphones you mentioned and also the SR-60. Out of all of them, I enjoy the SR-60 the most. It probably has the least bass out of those 3 but it's more detailed in the highs, mid and lows. If you can't get to a store to listen to the grados, just buy one online. You can always return it if you don't like it.

I just realized last night that the KSC-75 reminds me of the SR-80. I've only tried the SR-80s once (not too long ago) but I still remember how the highs are making my ears bleed.
biggrin.gif

Feb 20, 2007 at 10:38 PM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rylinkus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's scary cuz a local shop sells RS-1s and has them in stock to demo..... Just what I need, to piss away another few hundred.

Story of my life. That shop will be the end of me.

Feb 20, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Story of my life. That shop will be the end of me.

Thankfully they only sell Grados and Senns, and I'm not interested in Senns in any way, shape, or form. Thankfully.....

Feb 20, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rylinkus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's scary cuz a local shop sells RS-1s and has them in stock to demo.....

I am lucky as the shop I found only has up to sr125

and since I already have sr225 I am safe
rs1smile.gif

Feb 21, 2007 at 12:11 AM Post #11 of 19
I was the same way. I didnt want to get grado's, but since i listen to mainly rock and jazz, it just seemed like a perfect fit and the temptation set in. I got a pair of MS1's and i have to say.....very impressed so far. I didnt like the over bearing Highs of the SR60 at times, happy to say that the MS1 is much smoother sounding. One time i thought myself as a Senn man, now im thinking switching over to Team Grado =).

Feb 21, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3x331m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a very dangerous suggestion...
evil_smiley.gif

SR-60 is the gateway to SR-225 and RS-1..... and PS-1..... and
very_evil_smiley.gif

This is so crazy true. I started with the MS-1, then on to the 325i, and now the RS-1. Just save some time and get the RS-1
rs1smile.gif

And get the KSC35 for portable - the closest I have found to a portable Grado.

Feb 21, 2007 at 1:43 AM Post #13 of 19
Ahh can't you just try and keep the temptation down? i mean would i be fine with the sr60s around for some particularly a long time? heh.
Like i said earlier, are the sr60s gonna change me like seriously, like wow never heard that before in this album? Will they justify purchase...and before you even mention the ms1, it's way to high up my budget, im doing fine with around 50 or so a headphone. Sides have to save up for a car too, which i should of had but than head-fi happened lol.

Feb 21, 2007 at 2:28 AM Post #14 of 19
I have had the 81djs and still own the KSC 75s and the SR 60s. The SR 60s are of better sq than either of the other two, of course this is only an opinion. If you can afford the 60s go ahead and give them a try, I bet you will like them.

Feb 21, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have had the 81djs and still own the KSC 75s and the SR 60s. The SR 60s are of better sq than either of the other two, of course this is only an opinion. If you can afford the 60s go ahead and give them a try, I bet you will like them.

My opinion is the same. I really love my SR60s. I just bought some DT770s to see the hype. But boy do I love those SR60s. I think eventually I'll move further up the Grado line. Most likely, right to the top and save the money on all the inbetween options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back