HM801 will not charge, and produces no sound. Any ideas?
Jul 6, 2010 at 9:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

rokkyboy

Head-Fier
I had the same post posted in Head-direct sponsored forum. 
I did not get much response.. so I guess I've posted them in the wrong section.

If someone could tell me how I can delete the thread I posted in the head-direct forum, I will delete them =]
---

Hello,

I just purchased a HM-801 from a fellow Head-fier EL Ray
I received them and it was working fine for about an hour.

I tried it both as a DAC, and a Player. They were working fine.

Then I had to step outside for a while so I charged it for about 7 hours and when I came back, suddenly it produces no sound, just low volume hiss and noise.
The problem is same whether it is being used as a DAC or a player.
It also tells me that the battery has no power after 7 hours of charging.
I have tried to re-boot the system (already spoke with one of the customer service representatives)
I also tried to take out the battery and re-insert them (few times).
Battery is still not charging.

Could this have anything to do with the fact that I'm in S.Korea and the outlet is 220v? 
I know few others in Korea using HM-801 so I do not think that this could be the problem.

The customer representative also told me that they need paypal transaction page in order to get it serviced. What happens if I cannot provide them? how much would it cost me for repair?

I hope I can resolve the problem without sending the unit to China :frowning2:

Hope somebody can help!

Rk

Jul 6, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
Hi Rk,

You need to find out where the seller got the HM-801 from first. If he directly buy from head-direct.com, please contact head.direct.customerservice@gmail.com for warranty detail.

Best,
Fang

I'm in the process of contacting the original buyer and getting the paypal transaction details. Someone at head-direct told me they need them when I phoned them.

However, I also hope that I can fix it within sending the unit to China :frowning2:
It was working fine for the first hour.. so I'm really not sure what went wrong. When it was working fine, it was also plugged with power.

Jul 10, 2010 at 3:28 PM Post #4 of 4
Try something simple by:

1) Turning the unit off.
2) Remove the SDHC Type 4 card.
3) Remove the battery and allow the unit to stand at least 5 minutes with the battery removed and the power cord not connected.
4) Re-install the battery.
5) Re-insert the SDHC Type 4 Card.
6) Turn on and hopefully it will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back