HM601 - 3hrs Old and Bricked... Lil' Help
Mar 28, 2012 at 1:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

bjielsl

New Head-Fier
Did the firmware update, show installing and nothing but a white screen since.  
Copied the v.07 img to the internal flash, 
Reset  and then it displayed Installing firmware don't touch buttons, 
Ever since then....nothing.

How long does this firmware flash take?

As soon as I get this thing fixed I am sending it back, worst UI I have ever seen, There are options in the manual that do not exist in the menus.  It only shows half the artists and albums I upload, this thing is a POS.

Mar 28, 2012 at 7:24 AM Post #2 of 10
Is that the new slim model?  What version did it come with?  isnt v.07 like 6 months old?  
If its the slim version that just came out like a month ago im surprised it didnt already have it.

Mar 28, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #3 of 10
I is the slim model, I am not sure what firmware was on it, but I did notice that it was quirky and it was missing menu items that were in the manual.  It would only see half of my artists and albums, I could only find them if I browsed through the flash memory, and all of the music was the same format with the same naming convention.

I installed the new firmware per instruction on here and then....well that is the last thing it did.

Can format it and start over?  NTFS, Fat, Fat32?  I can not find any support for this thing.

Mar 29, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #4 of 10
Im not sure a format is going to help you with a firmware flash.  If you did id go the fat32 route.
You should email Dr. Bian and ask him @ [size=small]customerservice@[/size][size=small]head[/size][size=small]-[/size][size=small]direct[/size][size=small].com hes usually pretty quick to reply.  [/size]
[size=small]If you get a answer from him please post it back here.[/size]

Apr 5, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #6 of 10
My 601 is still on .04 -
any advantage in updating it?

Apr 10, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #8 of 10
They gave you a refund without having to return it? Score! Hope you get it fixed...

Quote:
Well Amazon gave me a full refund so I have a brand-new bricked HM-601.  Is there anyone out there that can help me fix this thing?

Apr 11, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #9 of 10
Amazon refunded me, not head-direct.  There was no mention of returning the item.  I am hoping to fix it, but I can not find any information on how to rebuild one.  I have tried and tried the firmware ref lash, but to no avail.  I know how to rebuild an iPod, but not this.

Apr 11, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #10 of 10
Well if the flash didn't take then you'll have to replace the ROM chip in the unit. You could always get a hold of head direct and tell them the whole story. Maybe they' ll send you a new one or at the least repair it for a discount.
Have you tried to rock box it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back