HiVi Swans M10 vs D1010-iv?
Oct 15, 2013 at 5:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

4 cm

New Head-Fier
Has anyone heard these two in comparison with each other?  They are roughly the same price and by the same manufacturer so they should theoretically have the same caliber of quality but being as they are completely different speakers, I wonder how they compare in sound.

Anyone know?

Jan 11, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #5 of 7
Hey fellow Pinoy. How about the overall fidelity? Clarity especially.

Still the D1010. I got to try the M10 out in this store in Gilmore (that area but the store, PCHub Edge, is along Aurora Blvd), and with prices considered I'd much rather have the S3W than the M10. It's not that the M10 is totally that bad, it's just that I'd rather spend less and give up the bass altogether, or spend a little bit more for the D1080. Or spend roughly the same money on the D1010.

Jan 11, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #6 of 7
Still the D1010. I got to try the M10 out in this store in Gilmore (that area but the store, PCHub Edge, is along Aurora Blvd), and with prices considered I'd much rather have the S3W than the M10. It's not that the M10 is totally that bad, it's just that I'd rather spend less and give up the bass altogether, or spend a little bit more for the D1080. Or spend roughly the same money on the D1010.

Oh. Okay cool. Thank you. I'll look at d1010, it's just that I can't find online reviews on those. Even here in headfi.

Jan 11, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #7 of 7
Oh. Okay cool. Thank you. I'll look at d1010, it's just that I can't find online reviews on those. Even here in headfi.

They're not very popular because HiVi/Swans took a looooooong time to reconfigure their distribution network - around two years I think from the time their products began to go out of stock in their dealers until their own online store went online. During that time they get recommended but there was barely any way to get them anywhere. It was just lucky they have a brick and mortar dealer in MetroManila.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back