Hisoundaudio STUDIO-V Review
Mar 7, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #271 of 830
What IEMs/headphones will you be pairing your V with?

Keep us posted on if the card works or not. I think I can afford to switch out 32GB cards in the meantime at $30.00 a pop. :)

Mar 8, 2012 at 4:44 AM Post #273 of 830
Lol funny how I overlooked that :p

Are any of your headphones/IEMs on the darker/laid back side? I'm curious to know if you'll find the Studio V to pair better with these types of cans. I've certainly found this to be the case.

Mar 8, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #275 of 830
Well if its any consolation ie2han really enjoys his Studio V paired to the EX1000 (which is quite bright as well) so you may very well still enjoy the V. I just don't find it to pair very well with my FX700s as the detail kinda gets irritating. Too much of a good thing.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 8, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #276 of 830
Well, I've gotten a chance to use the V with the Mx980 and Livewires so I am aware of how great it is.  I did not get a chance to use the interface or snoop around in there, I only had a minute or two in total and I absolutely loved it.   The Rocoo P was a winner and its apparent the V is much nicer so that leaves me extremely happy and excited :)

Mar 8, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #277 of 830
Is it read 32GB MicroSD card?

Mar 8, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #278 of 830
Does it read 32GB micro SD cards, you mean? If that is what you meant, then yes, it does. My 32GB card is just about full and does just fine.

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #279 of 830
Anybody know how to use the Line in function? or is mine broken? It's supposed to function as an amplifier right?
So its iPod Line out -> Studio Line in -> Headphones on Studio HP Out.

It detects that something is connected (Smiley Face) but I cant hear anything when the iPod is playing and only hear a hiss when I max the volume on the Studio. Any ideas? The Line in probably isnt broken since it detects something connected.

Im on the Dynamic Firmware btw

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #280 of 830

Quote:
Anybody know how to use the Line in function? or is mine broken? It's supposed to function as an amplifier right?
So its iPod Line out -> Studio Line in -> Headphones on Studio HP Out.

It detects that something is connected (Smiley Face) but I cant hear anything when the iPod is playing and only hear a hiss when I max the volume on the Studio. Any ideas? The Line in probably isnt broken since it detects something connected.

Im on the Dynamic Firmware btw

Yes, you have set it up correctly and it should function as an amp this way. Check if it's not the LOD that is causing this issue, otherwise it could sound like the Line-in on the Studio is not working correctly.

Mar 9, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #281 of 830

Quote:

Yes, you have set it up correctly and it should function as an amp this way. Check if it's not the LOD that is causing this issue, otherwise it could sound like the Line-in on the Studio is not working correctly.

That's strange. If it detects something and produces the smiley then the Line-in jack must be functioning. I should try using another firmware. Its not the LOD since using an IC on the headphone out of the iPod or Cowon J3 isnt working as well.

Mar 9, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #282 of 830

Quote:
Well, I've gotten a chance to use the V with the Mx980 and Livewires so I am aware of how great it is.  I did not get a chance to use the interface or snoop around in there, I only had a minute or two in total and I absolutely loved it.   The Rocoo P was a winner and its apparent the V is much nicer so that leaves me extremely happy and excited :)

So you love the sound :). Good to hear. I'm in love with my V as well. It may not be perfect but its sure comes close to be honest. And comparing the faults the Sflo2 had I find the Studio V to be a humongous improvement, even in the UI. Its basically very simple and minimalist (which may irritate people). But it does what I want it to do, just play my music while sounding really good. I haven't had to charge it in about a few weeks to be honest. I was farting around with the UI and figured out how to have it shut off within 5 minutes of it finishing my makeshift playlists (folders) which greatly improves batter life. I mean I've let this thing run for days before lol.

Mar 9, 2012 at 3:27 AM Post #283 of 830
I really did, and I was fortunate enough to have the HM801 on hand during that time.  I immediately sold the HM801 that night and said I would buy some rare earbuds and the Studio V.  I did just that.  I went after some vintage Sony earbuds and am extremely happy I did, I snagged a Sony E557B for pennies on the dollar and they are literally one of the best earbuds ever made, period.  I bought some other discontinued gear and placed the order for the studio V a while back, its been sitting in US customs for about a week now, Im very upset ha! It should be here any day :[

Mar 9, 2012 at 3:59 AM Post #284 of 830
LMAO so you like the Studio V over the Hifiman 801? Wow that is really saying something for the V. While I still consider my ibasso DX100 superior to the V its not like it smashes it to be honest. Its just a more refined sound overall but I could honestly just live with my Studio V if I had to (I am right now due to RMA).

Not sure if you've heard the IE80s before but it doesn't have the mid bass hump issue like the IE8 and is more detailed and balanced stock. It pairs amazingly well with the V. The silver cable improves it even more.

Edit: There's only a couple bugs I'd like to have addressed. One being access to the music folders. I'd like to have the option of going back in the same music folder with a click of a button as this would save time and make the player more enjoyable to use. I've brought this up to Jack so hopefully he'll take it seriously. Its something that most mainstream players (even the Hifiman players) do and is a must IMO. Also there is some quirks with certain FLAC files. It seems especially apparent with busy tracks (complicated and lots going on within the tracks) where you get clipping. If you expand those certain files to WAV it solves it, but I'd just like for them to fix the issue if possible. Other than that I am really happy with the player. If Jack could give you the same player without hiss on sensitive IEMS then he'd dominate in the audiophile DAP market. Of course making the price more competitive as well would yield him much more sales in the long run as well, and in that a bigger profit margin overall.

Mar 9, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #285 of 830
I dont really know anyone who owns the new iBasso so odds are good I won't hear it unless I show up at a meet with someone who toted it along, I have no idea what it sounds like but I'd still like to soak up the experience points on it.  Considering the V is less than $400 now ( and I get a nice discount due to my reviewer VIP card woot!!! ) The V is absolutely the end all portable dap, its ACTUALLY PORTABLE.  I do not consider the HM801 or the C4 at all portable, not a clue how big the IBasso is but it too looks like a damn brick so there is 0% chance I will actually want to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back