Hisoundaudio Studio V - MIcro SD card memory question
Oct 4, 2012 at 11:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

br4bu5

New Head-Fier
Hi, I just got my Studio V, planning on getting the extra space by adding the external micro sdcard.. need help on selecting the micro sd card. does it support class 10? what class would be better for it? thanks guys.. :)

Oct 5, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #2 of 15
class 4 is enough. i dont think it is faster even if you put class 10 on it. yep i had a studio v and a class 4 sandisk and a class 10 apacer microsd cards

Oct 6, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #3 of 15
Quote:
Hi, I just got my Studio V, planning on getting the extra space by adding the external micro sdcard.. need help on selecting the micro sd card. does it support class 10? what class would be better for it? thanks guys.. :)

hi, Thank you for buying our player. It can read the class 10 and up to 64GB microSD cards. But befor using,please format it with the FAT 32 .Thanks.

Nov 4, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #4 of 15
This is a question that may seem basic, but I'm having difficulties formatting the card. I did everything as directed, when I open the formatting window and hit the dropdown "file system", I get 2 options, exFAT (default), and NTFS. I don't see a FAT32 on my computer.I am running Windows 7 Professional on my laptop. I tried formatting with exFAT, and the next dropdown, allocation unit size, I set to 32kb, hoping this would give me the format I wanted. Added FLAC to card, put in Studio, Studio doesn't see them. My laptop sees them all, but I assume the formatting is the issue with the Studio problem. I have done thisa while ago, I seem to remombe FAT 32 being a choice under "file system", but not on my computer. Any ideas how to get ths so I can use my 64MG card? Thanks

Nov 4, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:
This is a question that may seem basic, but I'm having difficulties formatting the card. I did everything as directed, when I open the formatting window and hit the dropdown "file system", I get 2 options, exFAT (default), and NTFS. I don't see a FAT32 on my computer.I am running Windows 7 Professional on my laptop. I tried formatting with exFAT, and the next dropdown, allocation unit size, I set to 32kb, hoping this would give me the format I wanted. Added FLAC to card, put in Studio, Studio doesn't see them. My laptop sees them all, but I assume the formatting is the issue with the Studio problem. I have done thisa while ago, I seem to remombe FAT 32 being a choice under "file system", but not on my computer. Any ideas how to get ths so I can use my 64MG card? Thanks

Here you go. Download this program (FAT32 Format) and you can format your card to FAT32. Worked like a charm for me on my 64 GB micro SDXC card from Sandisk.

http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

Dec 25, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #8 of 15
I received my 3rd Anniversary unit yesterday and used it with a 4gb card and it worked fine. For some reason the song files don't appear today on the card. I've tried several different cards, and formatted to FAT32, but I can't seem to fix the situation.

Dec 25, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:
Worked a treat. Cheers mate. How did you come by this remedy?

I just figured it out myself. Just put logic together. Most of my tracks worked perfectly fine. So I took one that worked fine and one that didn't and examined them both in mp3tag. It showed the one not working to have more than one tag embedded. While the other just the regular flac tag. Put two and two together and I just removed the 3.2 tags (which I never use anyways) and walla! Problem solved :wink:.

Dec 25, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:
I just figured it out myself. Just put logic together. Most of my tracks worked perfectly fine. So I took one that worked fine and one that didn't and examined them both in mp3tag. It showed the one not working to have more than one tag embedded. While the other just the regular flac tag. Put two and two together and I just removed the 3.2 tags (which I never use anyways) and walla! Problem solved :wink:.

My problem was that tracks weren't being recognized on my sd card at all. They were in ogg flac and mp3 format. The funny thing is the card did initially work but didn't after one day. Your suggestion of deleting the system folder in the internal memory sorted this out. I asked you how you knew this remedy and I think you may have given me an explanation for the solution to a different problem? Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks again for your help in any case.

Dec 25, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #14 of 15
My Rocoo BA dosnt make any issues with the sd cards i use, but the Studio 3 is very slow loading any card i put in, so i guess tag issues is the main problem with this player..

I have 64gb cards too and the easiest way is to use a android phone to format them first, my DX100 did it for me here..

Its very bothersome to use mp3tag for me, but i guess there is no way out if i want to get the Studio 3 working..

Dec 25, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:
My Rocoo BA dosnt make any issues with the sd cards i use, but the Studio 3 is very slow loading any card i put in, so i guess tag issues is the main problem with this player..

I have 64gb cards too and the easiest way is to use a android phone to format them first, my DX100 did it for me here..

Its very bothersome to use mp3tag for me, but i guess there is no way out if i want to get the Studio 3 working..

Yep you got it. Can't really say its bothersome though. Pretty much mp3tag has made it a dream for me in organizing all my music files. I have a specific standard now that all of my music is tagged in and in this it works on every player I have flawlessly. :) Plus you can batch tag things so its a lot faster than manually doing one track at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back