hisoundaudio Studio-V issue...
Jan 10, 2013 at 7:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

hopkinsdrums

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fiers. Ran into a problem today with my Studio-V, 3rd Anniversary. Upon turning on the player this evening (I had been using it during the day with no issue), the screen displayed something which said "Repair and Fo" (which I can only assume means "Format") with the option of saying OK or Cancel. Clicking cancel yields a screen which says "Boot Fails !! Shutting down..." after which, you guessed it, it shuts down. Selecting OK yields a screen saying "Note! epair and form drive," after which it shuts down. This cycle is endless no matter what I do. When I plug it into my computer, the screen indicating that it is charging via USB connected to a computer shows up, but not the standard "R W" screen which other Studio-V users are familiar with. Furthermore, my MacBook Pro still recognizes the microSD card in the player, but not the drive of the player itself. Any ideas about what this is/what I can do?

P.S. I have tried resetting the player, also to no avail.

Jan 10, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #2 of 8
Reinstall the FW but you'll need to do it in windows. Sounds like the FW is corrupt or the the SOC is just unhappy. The FW is available on HISound's site. http://www.hisoundaudio.com/uploads/soft/120509/1_1702247901.rar unzip and maintain folder structure.
Remove sd card. Reset, hold the up button when connecting and don't let go until you know it's in or wait 15sec. Open the updater that you've unzipped. (File with speaker logo). That should find the player. Once found it will show as a drive in my computer. Format. When finished, 'start' the updater until complete.

Now that I think about it, Make sure that you try removing your SD card and resetting before anything else. If it shows up sans SD card, empty the sytem folder before trying a card again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back