Hisound Studio & RoCoo Firmware Files
Feb 15, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #47 of 144
I just got the studio-v today. Soundstage and definition is way better than the Rocoo P, but the bass?? Weak. My Rocoo has better bass than this.
Does anyone experience this? I have the Dynamic firmware installed. Surprising how the bass of my Rocoo P is better, I expected the other way around.
Is it just because the Studio is brand new and needed sometime to burn in?

Feb 15, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #49 of 144
didn't find that much bass in the Studio V up until now too
Quote:
I just got the studio-v today. Soundstage and definition is way better than the Rocoo P, but the bass?? Weak. My Rocoo has better bass than this.
Does anyone experience this? I have the Dynamic firmware installed. Surprising how the bass of my Rocoo P is better, I expected the other way around.

Feb 15, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #50 of 144

Quote:
I don't think so. They seem to have different sound signatures. You could let it burn for some time, maybe it will help.

I'll let them burn for 1 week and see if it changes next week.

Quote:
didn't find that much bass in the Studio V up until now too

How long do you have it already?

Feb 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #51 of 144

Quote:

I'll let them burn for 1 week and see if it changes next week.

How long do you have it already?

I agree - there isn't to much bass in the Studio-V. But i think that it is an excellent match with the REF 5. I have heard it with other daps such as Clip+, J3, iPhone - and the studio is by far the best. I think the REF 5 easily becomes dark sounding but not with the studio :) And there is still plenty of bass IMO :wink:

Feb 15, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #52 of 144
Well.. not too much is OK, but the first time I run it, it was almost nothing. Now after 8 hours it started to open up :). It sounded really good with the SE5 :D.
Btw, a lot of people complain about hiss. No complain at all here, my iQube and and Kenwood hisses much more than the Studio.

Quote:
I agree - there isn't to much bass in the Studio-V. But i think that it is an excellent match with the REF 5. I have heard it with other daps such as Clip+, J3, iPhone - and the studio is by far the best. I think the REF 5 easily becomes dark sounding but not with the studio :) And there is still plenty of bass IMO :wink:

Feb 15, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #53 of 144

Quote:
Well.. not too much is OK, but the first time I run it, it was almost nothing. Now after 8 hours it started to open up :). It sounded really good with the SE5 :D.
Btw, a lot of people complain about hiss. No complain at all here, my iQube and and Kenwood hisses much more than the Studio.

The REF 5 are not that sensitive - so thats why it's no problem for us :) I can hear hiss - but nothing that bothers me at all. I hope you will be happy with your studio - I really like mine!!

Feb 16, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #55 of 144
Update: So after 24 hours of nonstop playing the studio-v at volume 12 + plugging the PDAA-1 earphone; I listen to it again just now, the bass is there with just the right amount. Sounds great with the SE5! Love this little thing.

May 8, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #56 of 144
Quote:

This is how it is supposed to be.  The Studio V is not geared for fun or bassy experiences, its meant for natural unbiased sound.  All of Hisounds gears tailors to something, each one is unique and made for a specific purpose.  The V was never designed to offer bassy sound.

Jun 5, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #60 of 144
I bought a rocoo BA but the installed firmware is for Rocoo-P, does chaning the firmware to the one it is meant to be make any difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back