Hisound Nova N1 DAP REVIEW
Apr 11, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #46 of 54
Quote:
My experience with both the UK and main headquaters has been nothing but good...if you dont mind my asking what did you buy from them, and what was the problem? Also in my opinion the N3 is a vast improvement over the C3.

EDIT: i am also waiting on the X3, have you any information on what the status of it actually is? because since it got announced again i have not heard anything.

I wanted to buy N3 but I did not want to pay with paypal since I had problems with paypal before. So long story short they offered me bank transfer so I asked some information related to it like name, address, bic and iban. Since then no email from them, not a single word. I guess they didn't want to sell it. If they replied to me with these information I would do the transfer on the moment I received the email but I didn't get anything from them. At the end I decided to move on and look for another DAP.

I wanted to get N3 asap and they even offered that student discount which was ended before I asked. Everything was nice except the last part. Well, I am quite sorry about that too but, there is nothing to do I guess.

EDIT: sorry I did forget your question about X3. All the information I get is coming from this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/651769/fiio-x3-appreciation-and-impressions-thread-update-march-20th-read-the-first-post-before-posting

I think soon we will have it in EU region. I am sure you can find answers to your questions in the thread.

Apr 11, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #47 of 54
rolleyes.gif
 Typical. I guess they didn't bend backwards enough.

Apr 12, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #50 of 54
Well, I bought my German MAESTRO GMP 8.35D through bank transfer and I used all these information while paying for it. Not a single problem was received that day for both sides. Anyway I did not want to dig it more I just talked related to my experience with them. As I said, everything was going nice except the end part.

It is company which sell products of course you will have nicely satisfied customers and customers with bad experiences. It happens. I am not trying to damage them otherwise I would not want to buy their new line up without reading a single review. As soon as I heard about N1 and N3 are in EU region I jumped on N3 and tried to buy it. I wish it could end well and I could be writing nice reviews about N3. But now I just moved on that's all.

Apr 29, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #51 of 54
Quote:
My experience with both the UK and main headquaters has been nothing but good...if you dont mind my asking what did you buy from them, and what was the problem? Also in my opinion the N3 is a vast improvement over the C3.

EDIT: i am also waiting on the X3, have you any information on what the status of it actually is? because since it got announced again i have not heard anything.

How does N1 compare to Colorfly C3 in term of sound quality? Which is a better DAP to play lossless such as FLAC?

May 3, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #52 of 54
Quote:
How does N1 compare to Colorfly C3 in term of sound quality? Which is a better DAP to play lossless such as FLAC?

id say in terms of sq the n1 is better than the c3 in pretty much every way. the only downside is on the older firmware the FLAC files seems to skip about a quater of a second of the track. of course if you get the N1 you can upgrade the firmware and get around it that way. 

Feb 19, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #53 of 54
id say in terms of sq the n1 is better than the c3 in pretty much every way. the only downside is on the older firmware the FLAC files seems to skip about a quater of a second of the track. of course if you get the N1 you can upgrade the firmware and get around it that way. 

I just bought the Nova N1 player.
How do you upgrade the firmware? The only relevant info regarding it is written in bloody Korean. I cant read it.
Does anyone have any idea how to perform a firmware upgrade?

May 28, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #54 of 54
I just bought the Nova N1 player.
How do you upgrade the firmware? The only relevant info regarding it is written in bloody Korean. I cant read it.
Does anyone have any idea how to perform a firmware upgrade?

Etan, did you figure out how to upgrade? Where can I get the latest firmware? I contacted Hisoundaudio but they don't bother to reply. Are they still operational at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back