Hisound Nova N1 DAP REVIEW
Mar 27, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #33 of 54
Hi guys, finally I can order it from Belgium without adding extra EU taxes on it. I have questions however, any help would be appreciated.

1. I couldn't get the differences between N1 and N3 apart from the color?
2. Student reduction thing? Does it count master students and how do you check it if buyer is really student?
3 Hisoundaudio finally came to EU and it is perfect but what about older player? Studio V for example? Only the new line will be here?

edit:
4. Gosh, forgot 1 question, is there a possibility to buy it without earbuds/phones to get a small reduction?

I am really going to buy 1 of them so answers would help a lot. I read that N3 has a stronger output? For example up to which impedance we should use it without a big problem? I have GMP 8.35D Monitor, quite easy to drive but soon I am getting a CIEM and prefer my player drives it very well too.

Mar 27, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #34 of 54
Quote:
Hi guys, finally I can order it from Belgium without adding extra EU taxes on it. I have questions however, any help would be appreciated.

1. I couldn't get the differences between N1 and N3 apart from the color?
2. Student reduction thing? Does it count master students and how do you check it if buyer is really student?
3 Hisoundaudio finally came to EU and it is perfect but what about older player? Studio V for example? Only the new line will be here?

edit:
4. Gosh, forgot 1 question, is there a possibility to buy it without earbuds/phones to get a small reduction?

I am really going to buy 1 of them so answers would help a lot. I read that N3 has a stronger output? For example up to which impedance we should use it without a big problem? I have GMP 8.35D Monitor, quite easy to drive but soon I am getting a CIEM and prefer my player drives it very well too.

1.the differences are ;

the power output
the capacity (4gb/16gb)
bundled earphones

2.i am pretty sure they are just taking your work for it with the student thing although i am quite sure it is over.

3. they say they will carry the other ones, but right now the studio series is not being sold, as it has been discontinued.

4. i dont know if it can be bought separate but i doubt it.

the n3 is slightly stronger, but this only really is shown in certain earphones. some people complain it is a bit quite but has amazing clarity. This is hopefully going to be fixed in the next firmware update. personally id go with the n3 for it is not much more expensive (about 70 pounds) and if you ever get earphones that are difficult to drive you would kick yourself for not getting the n3.

Mar 27, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #36 of 54
Quote:

1.the differences are ;

the power output
the capacity (4gb/16gb)
bundled earphones

2.i am pretty sure they are just taking your work for it with the student thing although i am quite sure it is over.

3. they say they will carry the other ones, but right now the studio series is not being sold, as it has been discontinued.

4. i dont know if it can be bought separate but i doubt it.

the n3 is slightly stronger, but this only really is shown in certain earphones. some people complain it is a bit quite but has amazing clarity. This is hopefully going to be fixed in the next firmware update. personally id go with the n3 for it is not much more expensive (about 70 pounds) and if you ever get earphones that are difficult to drive you would kick yourself for not getting the n3.

Thank you so much dude, I am soon getting N3 then. However I liked the N1's color more :D

Mar 27, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #37 of 54
Quote:
Thank you so much dude, I am soon getting N3 then. However I liked the N1's color more :D

no worries man, you wont regret it =)

Quote:
I'll be moving my n3 at some point. I only got it to review and maybe a backup but I don't see it getting much use with my Studio around. I think I may look to get a HiDef player as an alternative instead.

they got a new version of the studio v and 3rd apparently coming in april, thats what im now waiting for =)

Apr 9, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #40 of 54
Hey guys, thanks for the info. I currently have a colorfly C3, sony x1060, Westone UM3X and westone 4R. I am looking at going with westone 4R and a Nova N3, although I'd prefer it not to be gold, ho hum. Is it an improvement over the colorfly?? As in worth buying?

Apr 9, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #41 of 54
Stay on C3. Hisound has an awful customer service even just because of that I prefer not to make a deal with them anymore. Also I just 'heard' C3 from my friend with my German Maestro GMP 8.35D but I can say the sound is extremely clean and detailed compared to the price. N3 has more power but it seems like you don't need more power since you don't go for high impedance cans. I almost bought C3 for myself too but then I saw N3. However their UK part had problems on customer service all and all I didn't purchase anything. After all, I decided wait for Fiio X3. It is almost there and can be an upgrade from C3.

Apr 11, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #42 of 54
Quote:
New version of Studio V is coming? Will they bring it to EU too like the UK as they did with Nova products?

The new Studio player is approximately a month and a half away.. So late May early June..

Quote:
Stay on C3. Hisound has an awful customer service even just because of that I prefer not to make a deal with them anymore. Also I just 'heard' C3 from my friend with my German Maestro GMP 8.35D but I can say the sound is extremely clean and detailed compared to the price. N3 has more power but it seems like you don't need more power since you don't go for high impedance cans. I almost bought C3 for myself too but then I saw N3. However their UK part had problems on customer service all and all I didn't purchase anything. After all, I decided wait for Fiio X3. It is almost there and can be an upgrade from C3.

That is completely untrue. I have found Hisound's customer service to be exemplary in every regard. Then again i am dealing with them from Australia directly so maybe that makes a difference. I have owned two of their players. Both produced excellent sound quality. The Studio V 3rd sounds a lot better than the C3 and i have compared them directly. (It should given the price differential) I admit to having no experience with the Nova players. 

Apr 11, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #44 of 54
Quote:
So you are impying that I am a liar? I just talked related to my experience with them. Yours is different apparently. My experience is related to their UK part not their headquarters.

No i am not... What is untrue is that they have universally bad customer service.

Apr 11, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #45 of 54
My experience with both the UK and main headquaters has been nothing but good...if you dont mind my asking what did you buy from them, and what was the problem? Also in my opinion the N3 is a vast improvement over the C3.

EDIT: i am also waiting on the X3, have you any information on what the status of it actually is? because since it got announced again i have not heard anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back