Hisound’s Popular IEMs, 80% off for supporting our dealer’s new ebay store
Sep 27, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #182 of 224
If you guys want real value for money then go for the Monoprice 8320.
I just got one for $12 shipped and cannot sing enough praises of these phones. The sound quality is way way too ahead of the HiSound Popular. In fact, these can easily compete with many higher priced IEMs. The build quality is also way better than the popular.

Sep 28, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #183 of 224
Quote:
If you guys want real value for money then go for the Monoprice 8320.
I just got one for $12 shipped and cannot sing enough praises of these phones. The sound quality is way way too ahead of the HiSound Popular. In fact, these can easily compete with many higher priced IEMs. The build quality is also way better than the popular.

No doubt the monoprice is amazing for the price. thing is here in the uk they become about £30 + customs so arent actually cheap, and i am really here for the UK market. When i took on board the popular i had hoped to bring something like the monoprice to the UK market.Unfortunately that didnt happen this time, but i will keep looking and hopefully find something soon.
Quote:
i got my tracking number however it does not work. wondering what I can do now and its been two weeks since I paid and still waiting for it.

whats your ebay username? ill look into it for you.

Sep 28, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #185 of 224
Well, I purchased on 9/18 and still have not gotten a tracking number or the student refund. I've sent PM's on both headfi and eBay with no replies.

I guess I'll be opening a case with eBay for a full refund, and leaving negative feedback. Worst experience I've ever had with an online purchase.

Sep 28, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #186 of 224
Quote:

No doubt the monoprice is amazing for the price. thing is here in the uk they become about £30 + customs so arent actually cheap, and i am really here for the UK market. When i took on board the popular i had hoped to bring something like the monoprice to the UK market.Unfortunately that didnt happen this time, but i will keep looking and hopefully find something soon.
whats your ebay username? ill look into it for you.

my ebay username is imsogee. Thanks

Sep 29, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #187 of 224
Quote:
Well, I purchased on 9/18 and still have not gotten a tracking number or the student refund. I've sent PM's on both headfi and eBay with no replies.
I guess I'll be opening a case with eBay for a full refund, and leaving negative feedback. Worst experience I've ever had with an online purchase.

HI, i didnt reply on here because all you did was ask for a refund before it is sent. The refund was already sent and not having heard from you i didnt know anything was wrong. If you check your paypal you should see you have a refund from me already. 

Sep 30, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #188 of 224
Hi guys, to update quickly, i have been contacting hisound to no avail. turns out it is national day holiday (not sure what it is exactly) so they ae out of office for 7 days. till then i will not be able to reach them. sorry about that, i will still try to help in any way i can in the mean time. thanks.

Oct 1, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #189 of 224
Quote:
Well, I've managed to solved the problem regarding loose tips.

What I did was to take the second pair of tips that came with the earphone (they seem larger...) and jam them all the way in.
Way pass that ring on the nozzle. Took quite a bit of wriggling but they will go in.
Surprisingly, the tips are now very secure and should not pop off in my ears.

There is some driver flex and the bass is pretty decent.
Overall, I've got cheaper IEMs that sounded better and more expensive ones that sounded worse...
I won't pay retail price for the Popular but I guess I can't complain much for what I've paid.

For that, I have decided not raise any issue with eBay or the seller...
I consider it a lesson learned for buying IEMs that has not been reviewed.

Picked mine up at the post office today. Before putting the stock version in my ears, I gently moved the tips around to see how easily they came off. It was shocking how a slight touch could cause the tips to fall off. Very, very delicately inserted them into my ears just to see what the sound quality was like. Was not at all impressed at first, very muddy, lack of detail, all I heard was muddy bass.

Read Sean's idea and decided to give it a try. Again played around with the tips, this time they stayed on despite my efforts. Feeling more at ease, I inserted them for a deeper fit.

Sound was much more tolerable. Bass was still a bit loose, but not painfully so like before. Mids and Highs were definitely underemphasized, but after playing around with the Cowon J3 was able to get a fairly nice sound out of them. They'll be quite bass heavy regardless of what you do, but I figure that's not always a bad thing. MIght take them for a run and see how they fare.

Worth returning? Honestly far too much of a hassle for me considering what I paid. Also have heard worse for its price range. I do feel bad for the seller because he's been overwhelmed with feedback and PMs. Am cutting him some slack, and do think he tried to deal with the issues in the most professional way possible.

WIll be leaving positive feedback and am open to trying the wooden IEMs.

Oct 1, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #190 of 224
I just recieved my Hisounds today. Like many others I have had a terrible experience with them. They sound bad and the buds are cheap. 

May I suggest that hiSoundUK offers a full refund on these headphones without the requirement of sending them back. This seems to have become a headache for many people and this may be the best way to salvage the situation. Having to pay the return shipping just makes us have to put out more money, with no guarantee of a refund. 

Oct 1, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #191 of 224
I still haven't gotten mine yet, although they apparently shipped on 9/11. I also did not receive a tracking number (my ebay ID is the same as my user ID here). 

And to add insult to the injury that I'm waiting on IEMs that don't work before I can receive a refund, the Ebay seller is still offering the Populars for sale along with the announcement about the promotion: 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hisound-POPULAR-IEMS-RRP-79-SHIPS-WORLDWIDE-/251147133345

Oct 2, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #193 of 224
Quote:
I still haven't gotten mine yet, although they apparently shipped on 9/11. I also did not receive a tracking number (my ebay ID is the same as my user ID here). 

And to add insult to the injury that I'm waiting on IEMs that don't work before I can receive a refund, the Ebay seller is still offering the Populars for sale along with the announcement about the promotion: 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hisound-POPULAR-IEMS-RRP-79-SHIPS-WORLDWIDE-/251147133345

nothing is working right now in china as there is a holiday. if it does not come by the end of next week then i will send a refund without a return needed.
Quote:
haven't receive mine too...website for tracking number wont work

what is your user ID on ebay? i will pm you and update.

Quote:
I just recieved my Hisounds today. Like many others I have had a terrible experience with them. They sound bad and the buds are cheap. 

May I suggest that hiSoundUK offers a full refund on these headphones without the requirement of sending them back. This seems to have become a headache for many people and this may be the best way to salvage the situation. Having to pay the return shipping just makes us have to put out more money, with no guarantee of a refund. 

there is a guarentee of a refund. if you look back i have said before that we will give a full refund plus the cost of shipping. only now waiting on hisound to give a reply on how it will all work. unfortunately they are on holiday this week in china so i have had no contact.

Oct 4, 2012 at 2:30 AM Post #194 of 224
finally got my pair on monday. I don't seem to have much of a problem with the tips however the sound is nothing spectacular. There is bass as many have said but the overall the sound is very muddled. I would never recommend these IEMs at their original price or the discounted price because they are mediocre at best and don't perform exceptionally well (bass is only in quantity).

That being said, I would like to say that the customer service wasn't too bad. My tracking number didn't work but hisoundUK did response to my post immediately to give me the status of my product and I did receive it in the week he said it would arrive. Disappointing product but thanks for the hard work. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back