Hisound’s Popular IEMs, 80% off for supporting our dealer’s new ebay store
Sep 23, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #152 of 224
How about my message to your ebay account? Also regarding status of my order?

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #154 of 224
I got the 'phones last Friday I think, they sound really good considering what I paid, especially after I changed out the tips for some foamies. I left some (positive) feedback on eBay too. Thanks for the great deal HiSound!

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #155 of 224
After reading some of the other reviews, I feel like I should try to clarify some things. I also thought the stock tips were awful. One came off in my ear, I actually later got a good seal in that ear but I had about zero isolation and no bass in the other ear. The sound was mediocre at best, very flat mids and highs. I'm also not wild about the cable, I've never liked the asymmetrical split, there's no slider, and it seems just a little too short overall. I prefer a right-angle jack, too. I wasn't willing to just give up though, so I 'modded' a little. I took some foam earplugs, heated up the tip of a precision screwdriver with a torch, and melted a hole down the middle. Then I cut the earplugs in half, and jammed the smaller half all the way down the nozzle until it rested on the body of the 'phone. Now I'm getting better bass (Still loose, a little boomy, but much better), the mids are very decent, and the highs are still a little flat but SO much better. The cable's still short, but I'm not quite frustrated enough to cut it and try to put a different one on. I tried them as cable-up (over ear) and the cable won't stay put without a slider. I tried them as cable-down, and since it's a little short, they sorta wiggled loose after a while.
I left positive feedback on eBay, too. That's because from a buyer's standpoint I don't think it's fair to evaluate an eBay store on the quality of their products. eBay rates sellers on communication, shipping, accuracy of item description. Shipping speed wasn't fast, but for $5 from China I've had worse. They sent it quickly once they received payment. Communication was fine, I might've felt differently if I'd had an issue with the IEM. And finally, the item was as described. They said "lots of bass, not the most detailed" in the item description, I can't really argue with that.

Sep 24, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #156 of 224
Quote:
I left positive feedback on eBay, too. That's because from a buyer's standpoint I don't think it's fair to evaluate an eBay store on the quality of their products. eBay rates sellers on communication, shipping, accuracy of item description. Shipping speed wasn't fast, but for $5 from China I've had worse. They sent it quickly once they received payment. Communication was fine, I might've felt differently if I'd had an issue with the IEM. And finally, the item was as described. They said "lots of bass, not the most detailed" in the item description, I can't really argue with that.

+1 to that. I have no complaints with the eBay seller and rather I think he is the most customer centric seller I have even seen on eBay.
It's just that he chose a not so right product to start his store.

Sep 24, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #157 of 224
Quote:
After reading some of the other reviews, I feel like I should try to clarify some things. I also thought the stock tips were awful. 

If they are as bad as everyone says, they are not ready for market at the listed MSRP or even 1/4 of that. The average person does not go out and create their own modded tips. If one has to modify a product after buying it to get it to meet basic expectations for that kind of product, it simply does not work. The product is not as advertised. The descriptions from people so far indicate that this is not a functioning IEM. 

Now given that this was all part of a HiSounds promotion, I've been waiting to hear what HiSounds is going to do about it. I haven't gotten mine yet, but it sounds like HiSounds is shipping a non-working product. Sure. Seems like HiSounds is more at fault than the Ebay vendor, but someone has to make it right.  

Sep 24, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #158 of 224
If they are as bad as everyone says, they are not ready for market at the listed MSRP or even 1/4 of that. The average person does not go out and create their own modded tips. If one has to modify a product after buying it to get it to meet basic expectations for that kind of product, it simply does not work. The product is not as advertised. The descriptions from people so far indicate that this is not a functioning IEM. 

Now given that this was all part of a HiSounds promotion, I've been waiting to hear what HiSounds is going to do about it. I haven't gotten mine yet, but it sounds like HiSounds is shipping a non-working product. Sure. Seems like HiSounds is more at fault than the Ebay vendor, but someone has to make it right.  

hi there, firstly thanks for the nice comments earlier, nice to see that some people have found a way to use them, and that the others are at least happy with the customer service I have given. to anyone worried about getting dud earphones, I have sorted a pretty good deal with hisound for compensation, however what he has sent me is in very broken English, and I don't want people to get confused, so I'm going to 're write it and have it posted up tomorrow, hopefully it will help with any problems :)

Sep 24, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #159 of 224
Placed my order on 09/06/12 and received it today. I have been really looking forward to these earphones but what a disappointment. Save your money stay away. There is much better sounding IEMs on the market for just fraction of what these cost.

Flawed design of nozzle. Doesn't let any tips to fit properly.
Didn't come with small sized ear tips.
Asymmetrical cord (not really a con just don't like em)
Driver flex is very bad.
Stock ear tips didn't fit me my ears at all so I put some foam tips left from my JVC HA-FX66. After that I got good seal but sound didn't improved much.
First of all these are one of the muddiest IEMs I listened to in a long time. 
Very boomy bass, completely drowns out the rest of the spectrum. I love bass but its just too much of it, boomy and muddy. Don't know how to describe it but on bass heavy tracks bass overpowers so much that makes other frequencies to revibrate.
Mids are recessed and muddy.
Highs are extremely recessed, muddy and distorted.
Very boxy, dumped, distorted and fatiguing sound over all.

Philips she3580 (surprisingly good) I got off ebay for $7 and monoprice 8320(with some heavy EQing) outperform popular-1 in every way.
I want my money back!

Sep 25, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #160 of 224
Hi, Everyone:

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with the Popular. We have checked out the issue which turns out to be the nozzle size is not fit for the tips. This causes the bad sound quality some of you are experiencing.
I have communicate with Hisoundaudio. We have these solutions for you to chose from:

1) Hisoundaudio will offer their upcoming new Wooden IEMs at 70% off. This is as compensation for your Popular earphone. this would give a price of only $38.7 (USD 129x 0.3 =38.7). This price is including the shipping fee to you. If you accept the offer, you don’t need to return the Popular earphone.
You can refer to the reviews of it attached below.

If you would like to buy the wooduo you must pay hisound directly. The Paypal account of Hisondaudio is: nfyj@vip.qq.com

After you pay, please give me your full name, address, phone number and zip for the delivery in an email to audiophilicreviews@gmail.com or in a PM here.

Please also send the information to my email account: fuzhengyun@126.com 

2) of course you can return the Popular to Hisoundaudio directly. Please follow these instructions:

1. It must have a tracking number, After you shipping it, please give us the tracing number in a PM or on ebay. 

2.send to this address 

Name: Wang hui
Room 301,Building 10th
Baoyuan Area, Xingye Road
Xixiang Avenue
BaoAn District
ShenZhen City
P.R.China.
 Post code 518102 
Tel; 0086-755 -2791 2991

3.After get your return the earphones, we will refund you, this will be sent once we have got the tracking number from you.

Please write your Paypal account and contacting email account on/inside the envelope

I hope this makes up for the problems you might have

Hisound UK.
2012.9. 20
20/09/2012 14:04
=========

please see reviews of the wooduo2 here

Mark 2410 http://www.head-fi.org/t/620212/hisoundaudio-wooduo-impressions-reviews-discussion-thread

BIGMAN
http://www.head-fi.org/t/621571/review-hisoundaudio-wooduo-2

Jupiterknight
www.head-fi.org/t/620212/hisoundaudio-wooduo-impressions-reviews-discussion-thread/15#post_8633611

Sep 25, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #161 of 224
Quote:

I hope this makes up for the problems you might have

NO. This is not an acceptable alternative. 

The option to return the product was always available if the item was faulty according to your ebay page. No one would have bought this product if they knew that ALL of the inventory was faulty due to a poor design error. 

And now to suggest that we would put another $40 into yet another product?

HiSound might consider more carefully the cost in negative PR that they will get from this. 

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #162 of 224
now for a note from me.

the above is a sort of compensation deal i have worked out with hisound, and i promise you that is really is a good deal. worst case you get a refund so hopefully you will feel it is not bad at lest. 

Can i just say that i am just a reseller for hisound, and unfortunately i was some what quick to take this product on board. i have had lots of experience with hisound products (to the point that i offered to distribute for them in the UK and on ebay) before and like them so much, i just assumed this would be the same, the sample i have got of it really is quite good and well worth the $20 asked for it. unfortunately it seems that not all the units are like this and that many people are having a problem with them. For this i am very sorry.

The reason for this sale was to demonstrate to people that we are a reliable reseller with good customer service, and whilst i realise the product wasnt exactly great, i hope you are happy with the customer service you received. unfortunately i have been severely ill these past few weeks (dengue flu - not nice so far) but have tried my level best to respond to any questions etc as soon as i could. Hopefully this, with the offer i have also outlined above will be enough for you to still leave some positive feedback, if not please tell me what i can do before anything negative is posted. I'd be quite gutted if my reputation was destroyed before it ever got built, and am more than willing to fix anything you feel is lacking.

Thanks for your patience and support. 

hisounduk

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #163 of 224
Quote:

NO. This is not an acceptable alternative. 

The option to return the product was always available if the item was faulty according to your ebay page. No one would have bought this product if they knew that ALL of the inventory was faulty due to a poor design error. 

And now to suggest that we would put another $40 into yet another product?

HiSound might consider more carefully the cost in negative PR that they will get from this. 

i understand that the product being returned is not anything new. However the other earphones are genuinely very good. I know putting more money into it isnt something everyone wants to do, however if the sole reason for not doing so is the fact that this particular item was poor, then please look at all of the other products made by the company. you will see that they are all very well made, high quality products. unfortunately this one time the item did not fit the bill.

What i suggest is to wait to receive them and see what you think, if you do not like them at all then let me know and i'll process a refund for you as soon as i can. Im not really sure what more i can do.

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #164 of 224
It kinda seems from the linked reviews that the Wooduo 2 is the IEM the Popular was trying to be...

I've never posted anything to China, but I can't imagine it's cheap, would that also be refunded? Because I paid a tenner for the Popular's in the first place and I can't imagine postage would be much less than a tenner to get em back to China with tracking details.

Also, the compensation deal seems like it's "Pay for the Wooduo's or return the Popular's". Can we not both return the Popular's and get the Wooduo's at the reduced price for the inconvenience?

I'd like to say that while I was initially peeved about the lengthy wait for tracking details and postage, I am very very impressed by the level of service and care you're providing, hisoundUK 
beerchug.gif

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #165 of 224
i didnt actually think about that 3rd scenario of getting the wooduo and returning the popular, so ill have to have it checked, ill find out and let you know, but i cant see why you can not do both.

in the UK the postage to china is pretty fast, something like a week, so if you dont mind waiting a little while longer, you can send it untracked (£3.30 via royal mail) and it should be received within 5 working days and ill send the refund after that. from the USA im not actually sure how long or what price the cost of shipping to china is but if it is not much and is quite fast, not having tracking to say money is okay too. the original price of the iem will be refund along with the shipping paid to get them to you. unfortunately the shipping price back is not going to be refunded. thats why he has said you do not have to send the popular back if you do not want to.

btw,thanks for the positive points at the end there =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back