Hisenior T8 Fully Custom Made In Ear Monitors, 8ba per side....$680AUD Review video
Oct 2, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #31 of 48
Any
After nearly two weeks I finally feel that I'm in a position to review these T8s. They were average out of the box at best which isn't unusual however it took a good week or so for a change in dynamics and I had them running for a few days whilst I was at work on low volume. I feel it's important to mention my source which obviously plays an integral part of the T8,s end result. I'm using a gen 1 Fiio X7 with the standard Amplifier.I also have the AM5 high output amp for my Planar magnetics but I swapped it out for the higher sensitivity chararacistics of the standard Amp. I do have a balanced cable from Fiio and a balanced module is on route as we speak. The only negative I have and ill get this out of the way first is they are not lovers of bass. Some tracks really struggled to reach the lower end of the spectrum and for example on Tove lo,s Disco Tits the Bass was actually quite brittle.When I swap out the high powered amp ill revise my opinion if things change. In Every other regard these are really amazingly good at any money. The soundstage is absolutely huge. Really 3D. Mids, treble are all just spot on and really do Sparkle in the high res tracks. Sarah Jaroz 24 bit "everything to hide" has a mind-blowing tube like treble/ mid just check it out it's remarkable. I think i read that it shows average quality recordings for what they really are. The downside is some of my favorites don't sound particularly good anymore . For the moment I'm too busy listening so I'm signing out. Ill post update soon
Any comparison to other notable IEMs out there?

Oct 4, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #32 of 48
Universal was actually out before the customs! Also, I'd have to disagree in terms of reaching down to 20, I am using a fiio cable, may be making the difference? I'm hitting 20hz at almost reference level. That is, clean and present without any bloat or saturation. Maybe if youre coming from heavily low end saturated buds these will seem lacking? "Lacking" almost always means (at this quality) clean and reference, do a sine wave sweep through a pink noise generator to see what I'm talking about

Nov 11, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #33 of 48
Pull the trigger today for B10. Can't resist 30% discount. Spoke with Gareth for 10 min asking about B10 and B8 and I can say this guy is really know what he is talking about!
Now is waiting torture begins :)

Feb 6, 2018 at 6:10 AM Post #37 of 48
So sorry for such a delay with answer. You're right they are. I would say they're sounds quite true to source with some shyness in highs, even I would say lacking in this department. I asked Gareth and he explain me that B10 is tuned to emphasize voice and give more bass slam. Honestly I wasn't satisfied with their performance. Sound stage with complex music was like a flat ring around you but voice really was standing out, which is nice but instrument separation and layering is not what I was expected from 10 drivers. Anyway may be it is just me and my rig. Gareth offer me to return them with partial refund and I accepted. Lost $100 but still not regraded. But workmanship is really in a high level and they looks great. May be multidrivers iem is not my thing or implementation is what must be done right and then I will see. So I'm still on the quest for portables with great instrument separation, perfect freq response and good noise isolation. Do you know any? :)

Feb 6, 2018 at 6:53 AM Post #38 of 48
So sorry for such a delay with answer. You're right they are. I would say they're sounds quite true to source with some shyness in highs, even I would say lacking in this department. I asked Gareth and he explain me that B10 is tuned to emphasize voice and give more bass slam. Honestly I wasn't satisfied with their performance. Sound stage with complex music was like a flat ring around you but voice really was standing out, which is nice but instrument separation and layering is not what I was expected from 10 drivers. Anyway may be it is just me and my rig. Gareth offer me to return them with partial refund and I accepted. Lost $100 but still not regraded. But workmanship is really in a high level and they looks great. May be multidrivers iem is not my thing or implementation is what must be done right and then I will see. So I'm still on the quest for portables with great instrument separation, perfect freq response and good noise isolation. Do you know any? :)

I think the problem here is B10 is not really a 10 drivers, it's kind of 5 -dual-drivers instead of 10 small drivers (which I believe give better detail sound). If B10 price is about 200 USD, it's ok, but for the asking price it's way too expensive.

I'm currently using Magaosi K5 (a 5 drivers IEM) as main IEM, it has very detail mid and nice treble, the only missing is the bass quantity (very little bass). I'm still looking for a nice IEM with same K5 level of detail, separation plus bass :)). In the mean time, K5 is good enough for me and I still keep B10 for some EDM listening anyway, it's still ok.

And yes, a real 10 BA drivers is what I'm looking forward to from future Chi-fi IEM :D.

Mar 23, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #39 of 48
I just received my custom T6, just from listening from my galaxy s7 edge exynos version I have to say they are very good for their price. Comparing to the IE80s the bass is much tighter and very quick, quantity of bass is less but still impactful enough for most hip-hop and house songs. Mids are more forward compare to the ie80s and are rich and warm. Highs are alright and not particularly emphasised. I had a quick listen with astell and kern k100, the sound stage width is huge for an iem comparable to the ie80. But the depth seems to a bit fair smaller, I will have to listen to some more tracks though. I would say these are very well suited to acoustic and live recordings as well as rock music.

For the money I would say is well worth it, the only other custom iem I have tried is the triple fi 10 reshelled + 2 additional drivers.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #40 of 48
Hi mate,

To get much, MUCH more depth and a wider sound stage, get it playing through something with an output impedance below 1. The s7 is 5.6 which is way way too high for these IEM's. It's the biggest possible difference you can make, streaming via my iPhone X through the lightning port the output impedance is about 0.3 and im streaming Tidal (about 1400kbps files) I cannot state how different this sounds. If you can perhaps imagine it's the difference between all your drivers firing together compared to firing out of order and sometimes not at all. You loose imaging, staging and coherence. If i were to redo my review the thing i would lean on the most out of every other quality of this product is that all Hisenior customs need a player with an output impedance below 1! If you get a chance to find something with a impedance low enough, hook them up and you'll be blown away

Mar 27, 2018 at 8:06 PM Post #41 of 48
I think the problem here is B10 is not really a 10 drivers, it's kind of 5 -dual-drivers instead of 10 small drivers (which I believe give better detail sound). If B10 price is about 200 USD, it's ok, but for the asking price it's way too expensive.

I'm currently using Magaosi K5 (a 5 drivers IEM) as main IEM, it has very detail mid and nice treble, the only missing is the bass quantity (very little bass). I'm still looking for a nice IEM with same K5 level of detail, separation plus bass :)). In the mean time, K5 is good enough for me and I still keep B10 for some EDM listening anyway, it's still ok.

And yes, a real 10 BA drivers is what I'm looking forward to from future Chi-fi IEM :D.

Output impedance of the device? Anything above 1ohm you can't use these phones. Has to be below one....if you're running from a mobile phone earphone jack you've got the wrong buds. Only thing that works atm phone wise is an iPhone via the lightning jack with the DAC in the cable. Lighting jack is about .3ohms

Mar 27, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #42 of 48
Output impedance of the device? Anything above 1ohm you can't use these phones. Has to be below one....if you're running from a mobile phone earphone jack you've got the wrong buds. Only thing that works atm phone wise is an iPhone via the lightning jack with the DAC in the cable. Lighting jack is about .3ohms

I'm currently using Fiio X5 gen 3 and Fiio X7 gen 2, I'm not saying B10 sound is bad, it just doesn't on par with the price I paid for it. The sound is too warm and somehow makes the whole thing too veiled.....

Oct 14, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #44 of 48
Seems like Hisenior has not gained that much attention since this inital thread creation. :) just wanted to add, that I own the Hisenior T12U for about 4 months now and they impress me ever day again. My favorite part about them are definitely the mids. They sound so coherent, detailed and faithfully reproduced, while the rest of the spectrum just feels so virtuos alongside. The most balanced Iems/Headphones I have ever owned and also the most comfortable, best looking ones yet. Oh, and the customer service is amazing as well. Zero complaints and 2 years of warranty. I am happy I took the plunge and purchased their flagship after owning the B8, which already impressed me so much, but the T12 are on another level. :)

Oct 16, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #45 of 48
Seems like Hisenior has not gained that much attention since this inital thread creation. :) just wanted to add, that I own the Hisenior T12U for about 4 months now and they impress me ever day again. My favorite part about them are definitely the mids. They sound so coherent, detailed and faithfully reproduced, while the rest of the spectrum just feels so virtuos alongside. The most balanced Iems/Headphones I have ever owned and also the most comfortable, best looking ones yet. Oh, and the customer service is amazing as well. Zero complaints and 2 years of warranty. I am happy I took the plunge and purchased their flagship after owning the B8, which already impressed me so much, but the T12 are on another level. :)
how's the soundstage on T12 vs the NiceHCK DZX 14BA ,??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back