Hisenior T8 Fully Custom Made In Ear Monitors, 8ba per side....$680AUD Review video
Sep 13, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #20 of 48
Thanks but LOL at not hearing the difference between drivers etc. There's a reason they are going with different brands in different ranges and dividing them. Also wanted to fill you in that crossovers don't always divide frequency in both directions and sometimes drivers will overlap more for tuning. I also prefer 2 pin but they do tend to get loose over time, can bend from force and are less durable in small cases. Almost no one carried their customs around in those bulky otter type cases. MMCX are much more durable so the 2 pin thing is not as cut and dry as you may think. Those other maker's 8 drivers don't all sound that same as each other or even qualitatively so and it's not just about driver count. You verified that yourself later by stating that you feel the w80 is too dark. Other great ba multi drivers start at well under a grand. UERM show up on massdrop in the states for well under 4 digits for instance.

Speaking of UERM. Here's the Hisenior T4 as promoted by the maker. Notice anything unusual?
HTB1nYehRFXXXXXKXpXXq6xXFXXXU.jpg

I posted pics in another thread about Chinese companies copying designs. Maybe I'm wrong and these were made for Ulrich Engel :ksc75smile:. The promoting of an actual willingness to infringe on a trademark would have me concerned about using Chinese knock off drivers. Going out of your way to mention which drivers you use is unusual. Apparently they don't think all drivers sound the same either. These may be great but it's disconcerting. Hopefully they will refrain from copyright infringement in the future.

Most reviewers state how they acquired the sample and how much paid.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #21 of 48
All BA drivers sound vastly different depending on model number, manufacturer and intended duty (freq. Designation) MMCX eventually wear and wobble loose with continuous stage use, but two pin can snap! Both have downfalls.

These are hand made colour died custom moulds that begin as a soft putty, and if you the consumer wish for them to put on a copied logo they oblige. The photo used is a customers custom build, the logo doesn't even look like a good copy of the UE font. It is not a UE IEM. It's not the company that infringe, it's the consumer asking for the poorly imitated badge to be applied. You can also get transformers, a unicorn, a flower etc

These are hand made custom shells that use universal Sonion and Knowles drivers that absolutely anyone can buy (and all the companies do, they are widely used by many including Ue) so no infringement is possible.

Also that's awesome that other 8driver per side show up (16drivers total) but I don't think they're full custom shells and one off builds? I don't think they could be right, cause the pair only fits the one person. Also these are around $600, which is far far below $1000

Also, please post some links to 16 driver (custom built?) iems that come up that cheap. (Under $1000USD) Would love to see them :D

I hope this cleared some things up.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #22 of 48
And yes that's correct in regards to crossovers? Apologies if I stated something contrary, I think I mention the doubling and layering of drivers for tuning? (Please watch the review again)

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #23 of 48
I got mine during the week, as everyone who has bought Hisenior products will know the customer service is absolutely without equal. These iems seem very well made, my only issue is that they are fingerprint magnets, on plain black outer shells it won't be an issue but when they look this good you want them to stand out and the smudges take away the visual appeal. It's going to be a while before they start to Sparkle because Gareth says they require 200 hrs burn in. Does anyone know why they take so long I can appreciate that there are multiple driver's but I would have thought because the components are so compact they would reach their optimum potential relatively fast. There are early signs but I'm not anyway excited yet. Watch this space.

Sep 22, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #24 of 48
Get a new/different/reputable cable...10000% difference. Fiio, Westone, JH, Capri (if you have an iPhone) just don't get a China cable. If Gareth gave you one bin it :p lovely guys! But their cables aren't any good.

Sep 23, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #27 of 48
About 15 mins after my last post they finally came to life seriously impressive. However, if the new cables make even 20% difference I will be a very happy man. Some finite detail is lost but the soundstage is massive, tube-like on certain tracks. I have never heard Hall and Oates, "I cant go for that" which such precision. Left-right channel integrity is just beautiful.

I ordered
FiiO RC-78B 120cm.

Oct 1, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #28 of 48
After nearly two weeks I finally feel that I'm in a position to review these T8s. They were average out of the box at best which isn't unusual however it took a good week or so for a change in dynamics and I had them running for a few days whilst I was at work on low volume. I feel it's important to mention my source which obviously plays an integral part of the T8,s end result. I'm using a gen 1 Fiio X7 with the standard Amplifier.I also have the AM5 high output amp for my Planar magnetics but I swapped it out for the higher sensitivity chararacistics of the standard Amp. I do have a balanced cable from Fiio and a balanced module is on route as we speak. The only negative I have and ill get this out of the way first is they are not lovers of bass. Some tracks really struggled to reach the lower end of the spectrum and for example on Tove lo,s Disco Tits the Bass was actually quite brittle.When I swap out the high powered amp ill revise my opinion if things change. In Every other regard these are really amazingly good at any money. The soundstage is absolutely huge. Really 3D. Mids, treble are all just spot on and really do Sparkle in the high res tracks. Sarah Jaroz 24 bit "everything to hide" has a mind-blowing tube like treble/ mid just check it out it's remarkable. I think i read that it shows average quality recordings for what they really are. The downside is some of my favorites don't sound particularly good anymore . For the moment I'm too busy listening so I'm signing out. Ill post update soon

Oct 2, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #29 of 48
I'm of the opinion that while an accurate IEM will show flaws when there, more music and smiles should still come through. Perhaps try a better cable as Maty suggested.
Maty, I know that UE logo is a customer IEM but it's part of Hisenior's own examples of what they are willing to do. Do you think Westone, EE, Noble, JHA or UM would even consider that?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back