Hisenior T8 Fully Custom Made In Ear Monitors, 8ba per side....$680AUD Review video
Mar 29, 2017 at 4:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

Maty J

New Head-Fier
EDIT: Just had these rebuilt after the low drivers burnt out after about a year. So, crap first round, but this rebuild under warranty is significantly of a much higher quality in every aspect.

EXTRA NOTE:

YOU MUST ONLY USE THESE WITH A VERY, I STRESS VERY LOW IMPEDANCE MUSIC PLAYER. (iPhone via lightning port with an external DAC for instance, Astel Kern etc)

Anything with an impedance output more than about 1, don't bother. These are breathtakingly phenomenal below 1.

Hi guys,

Ooookk so, I got myself a pair of 8BA per side custom made IEM's from china...of all places...direct, fully custom made, the lads have made 10 pairs total....

I made a video review for them, cause the price is insane :O and! If we band together and more ppl buy them then they'll expand and make 10 ba, 12, 14, 16....1000000ba! versions, you get the idea...

Anyway, I never do reviews, this inspired me to do a huge one :O here is that review...and now I'm probably going to review more music techie stuff just cause :D

Wrote out a review for these on the chinese iem thread but went and made a video review!

And pretty pictures just cause.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #4 of 48
Do you know if they allow you to customize the faceplate? Really interested after watching your review video. (Great job btw it had everything I wanted to 'hear' from a CIEM :wink: )

Apr 24, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #5 of 48
yes yes you can! anything you want! go to the link and have a look :D also update, DO NOT BUY their cable! :S for some reason china cable makers don't solder their cables properly, it was soldered in a strange mono way, just shiiiiit! Get a fiio of JH stock 2 pin, god they're good, made these the clearest highest playing IEM's I've ever ever heard, actually incredible! 

Apr 27, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #6 of 48
Okay! I've had my eyes on the gears for a while... Do you recommend 2 pin over MMCX?

May 1, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #7 of 48
hey Maty. I've been a long time universal IEM user, the most expensive pair I've got is the Dunu DN-1000. These Hiseniors look like a really good option for me considering the price and also the fact that i want my next purchase to be custom instead of universal. I've been using a DIY hack I found on the internet which has turned my DUNUs into a poor mans CIEM. () and thanks to this experience, I know that getting the right fit can be difficult. I have watched your entire YouTube review of the Hiseniors (I'm the guy asking about the cable in the comments) and I did manage to get lots on good info from there. I've also gone on to read as much as I can on getting the right fit from CIEMs. I'd basically like to know, now that you have had your pair for awhile, how do you find the fit? also, do you use those lubricant gels for helping with the fit/seal? I found your info on using the "average" position of you jaw and head while making the impression insightful. i also know that the first time I made the DIY custom plugs the fit was not good, but on my 3rd attempt I made such a perfect pair that's its the same one I've been using for close to a year now. Its really comfortable and I've been able to wear them for even up to 12 hrs (I know that's probably not a good idea)(but I do clean my ears often to get rid of the wax) and the fit is fantastic, it pretty much feels like I'm not wearing anything at all + it has such a great seal that outside noise is not audible AT ALL when music is playing. (Its easy to tell if the seal is good because it makes all the difference in the lows) Basically (before I end up writing a thesis) I'm curious how you have found your fit and seal thus far? do you experience any fatigue/discomfort at all? Also, did you ever speak to the lads at Hisenior about refitting?

May 2, 2017 at 12:34 AM Post #8 of 48
Hi,I am Hisenior ciem user too. I had asked them about the refit policy.They said that if the CIEM did not fit you,you can send it back to let them fixed your problem.The after-sale warranty of this brand is great!
About the fitting,Good fitting comes from good ear impression. I think having the ear impression from the audiologist is a lot better that making it by yourself.It is a lot more accurate to your ears so it means that the fitting must be a lot better!
Cheers

May 20, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #9 of 48
hey guys, finally decided not to go diy and instead went to an audiologist to get my impressions done, its now on its way to the boys at hisenior. once they are in my hands and i give them a good listen will def put some impressions here.

Sep 11, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #10 of 48
Hi guys,

Ooookk so, I got myself a pair of 8BA per side custom made IEM's from china...of all places...direct, fully custom made, the lads have made 10 pairs total....

I made a video review for them, cause the price is insane :O and! If we band together and more ppl buy them then they'll expand and make 10 ba, 12, 14, 16....1000000ba! versions, you get the idea...

Anyway, I never do reviews, this inspired me to do a huge one :O here is that review...and now I'm probably going to review more music techie stuff just cause :D

Wrote out a review for these on the chinese iem thread but went and made a video review!

And pretty pictures just cause.

Sep 11, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #11 of 48
I just ordered a pair on your recommendation. I was close to buying a pair of IE 800s but I changed my mind when I stumbled across these when I went to research Knowles drivers these came to my attention. I might e mail Gareth about the cables and see what he says. So far he could not do enough and I'm hoping this will translate into a positive experience once they arrive. I have contemplated a pair of iems for years and let's face it we would all love to afford a pair of JH Audio but the price is just crazy. If these T8 s give 75@% of their reported potential ill be a very happy customer. See below what I went for thinking they will look awesome. Fingers crossed. My biggest issue is the wait will kill me as a result I could not find the patience to go the custom fit route

Attachments

• IMG_20170909_154326.jpg
    IMG_20170909_154326.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 11, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #13 of 48
I just ordered a pair on your recommendation. I was close to buying a pair of IE 800s but I changed my mind when I stumbled across these when I went to research Knowles drivers these came to my attention. I might e mail Gareth about the cables and see what he says. So far he could not do enough and I'm hoping this will translate into a positive experience once they arrive. I have contemplated a pair of iems for years and let's face it we would all love to afford a pair of JH Audio but the price is just crazy. If these T8 s give 75@% of their reported potential ill be a very happy customer. See below what I went for thinking they will look awesome. Fingers crossed. My biggest issue is the wait will kill me as a result I could not find the patience to go the custom fit route

Great to hear man hope you enjoy :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back