"His and Her's" earbuds help.
Dec 6, 2012 at 3:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

SoundOfKhaos

New Head-Fier
I need some decent cheap earbuds to replace our old ones. We are still using the Stock Earbuds that came with our galaxy tab's(7.0+) for our MP3 players and when we travel. We both think they sound alright but she's sick of them and I hated the way they fit.. I just cannot get a seal with them

So we need two set's of earbuds on the cheap($50 each... Could be talked up to $75 IF they are spiffy)

A few details: She listens to Techno and other bass heavy music, her ear's seem like most earbuds should fit well enough.

I prefer Rock, in all forms :) I prefer a clean sound, I like my base and strong mids:) I have small earcanal's so I have trouble finding earbuds that don't hurt or will actually fit. I have much better luck/perfer "over the ear" ear buds of the non memory wire type, I don't care if they have guide's or not though.

We both use a Clip+ MP3 player, I could be tempted to get a cheap-ish Fiio/similar amp soon if needed. Thank you for your suggestions:)

Dec 6, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #2 of 17
I will recommend these IEMs Sony EX310, JVC FXD80 for her and REO for you.

Dec 6, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #4 of 17
Klipsch Image S4 $80, look very classy in black and chrome. Their little brother (sister?) Klipsch Image S3 are in many colors and cost about $40. They have plenty of bass, isolate extremely well, and are the most comfortable inner-ear headphones I have ever worn. All models come with 3 different size ear buds: normal, large, and small.

Dec 6, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #5 of 17
I need some decent cheap earbuds to replace our old ones. We are still using the Stock Earbuds that came with our galaxy tab's(7.0+) for our MP3 players and when we travel. We both think they sound alright but she's sick of them and I hated the way they fit.. I just cannot get a seal with them

So we need two set's of earbuds on the cheap($50 each... Could be talked up to $75 IF they are spiffy)

A few details: She listens to Techno and other bass heavy music, her ear's seem like most earbuds should fit well enough.

I prefer Rock, in all forms :) I prefer a clean sound, I like my base and strong mids:) I have small earcanal's so I have trouble finding earbuds that don't hurt or will actually fit. I have much better luck/perfer "over the ear" ear buds of the non memory wire type, I don't care if they have guide's or not though.

We both use a Clip+ MP3 player, I could be tempted to get a cheap-ish Fiio/similar amp soon if needed. Thank you for your suggestions:)

The philips SHE3580 will actually be a huge improvement over stock earbuds and they are $7 dollars (look them up on here they are talked about a lot). They come in many colors as well and if she is like my wife she will want some spiffy blue or pink color or something. They can be suitable for both. (a guy sells them for 7 bucks shipped on ebay.)

Also look at the JVC FX40 which has a better cable for $20.

Dec 6, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #6 of 17

his

hers  SHE5105  will set you back $50 for both on Amazon, These can be used on your phones as well. Good strong design. Nice sounding and is an upgrade to the SHE3580.

Dec 6, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:
I will recommend these IEMs Sony EX310, JVC FXD80 for her and REO for you.

ok, I'm kind of digging the RE-0's for myself, would they do better with a small amp? or would the little clip be enough.
Quote:

his

hers  SHE5105  will set you back $50 for both on Amazon, These can be used on your phones as well. Good strong design. Nice sounding and is an upgrade to the SHE3580.

the review's seem great, but the color's uck! and the flat cord seems weird for my over the ear taste's. I'll see if I cannot find some locally to look at... but those color's.....lol

Dec 6, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #9 of 17
I wanna' recommend the Moshi Dulcia.  It actually would make good his/her's IEMs :p  They aren't the best of the best though, but do fit your sound profile (you lose out on upper vocals though) :frowning2:  Other ideas include a Dunu Trident, Brainwavz M1, M4, or M5.  I wouldn't recommend those Philips you have above, the Downtowns (on-ear headphones) are pretty good though :) 

Dec 6, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

his

These are nice. Tonal balance is nice. Not the most resolving or detailed, but hey, for the price.

Dec 7, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #11 of 17
Well I wanted to thank you all very much. I have just placed an order for some new phones.
Hers: Black Skull Candy Ink'd(no mic). She tried a friends and liked them a lot.
His: undecided.
Her Clip+ power's the Ink'd SC's well, and have enough bass for her.

I'm still browsing my options as I have just changed player's. My needs in earbuds have changed too.

I am now using my Samsung Vitality. I'm looking for some highish impedance(I'm on with a portable AMP) that also use a mic. Shockingly enough the Vitality make's a great player for a cheap android phone :)

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:55 AM Post #12 of 17
I'm a bit late, but my suggestion would be Yuin PK2:

They might look unassuming, but blow most stock buds out of the water. You can find them from around $55 on Ebay.

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #13 of 17
Do you want traditional earbuds, or isolating in the ear canal ones(IEMs)?

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:
I'm a bit late, but my suggestion would be Yuin PK2:

They might look unassuming, but blow most stock buds out of the water. You can find them from around $55 on Ebay.

Your not late at all, I'm looking up review's of them now, but I'm not sure I like that price tag on buds.
Quote:
Do you want traditional earbuds, or isolating in the ear canal ones(IEMs)?

IEM's are more what I'm looking at. But if price's right bud's are not out of the question.

Dec 13, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #15 of 17
Take a look at the JVC HA-FX40, Panasonic RP-HJE355, and if you want extra bass, the JVC HA-FX101. These are under $20 each, but don't let the low prices fool you. These sound quite nice!

The Panasonic RP-HJE355 is quite small and very ergonomically shaped. I think it will probably fit almost anyone, even those with very small ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back