Hippo VB Repair/Recable
Nov 30, 2013 at 6:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

BrianFizz

New Head-Fier
2+ Years ago, while I was looking for my first pair of decent headphones, I scoured the forums of Head-Fi for the perfect pair of headphones that would fit my listening taste. I ultimately settled on the Hippo VB's, and after the initial burn-in, I loved them. I have since then upgraded to the UE Triple Fi 10's, and haven't found a reason to upgrade since then :) Unfortunately, my dog got to my pair of Hippo's and chewed the mini-jack off. I'm open to a few possible solutions, such as recabling the entire set (I hate the cables that came with it), or just finding a heavy duty mini jack and solder one back on. 

I've google'd around and haven't found much support at all for recabling the Hippos. Could someone point me in the right direction, such as a DIY cable source (already assembled, just needing to attach to headphones), or someplace/someone to get it done, or some sort of walk-through. 

Since they're not exactly audiophile-grade as is, I'm looking to spend as little as possible to get them in working order. 

Thanks for looking!

-Brian

Nov 30, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #2 of 2
Sad as it sounds it's not so easy or worth changing the entire cable. You can find jacks on eBay or your local electronics store. There's tutorials on utube. Search for 'fix headphone jack"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back