Hippo Gumstick or SanDisk Sansa Clip+
Oct 13, 2010 at 2:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

abhijollyguy

100+ Head-Fier
Which one is the best according to Sound Quality? I will use Brainwavz M2 as a earphone. Expert comments needed and also the user of both these player need ur comments.

Oct 13, 2010 at 3:53 PM Post #3 of 15
I don't know about that. Some say that the gumstick is not as clear as the clip+, so that would not be better for me, but worse.

Oct 13, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #4 of 15
Yes it's probably warmer, but either way overall sq will be improved which grants you other aspects of sound. The gumstick stands next to an amped fuze fwir.

Oct 14, 2010 at 3:37 AM Post #5 of 15
Plz don't confuse me more as I am already confused so much, plz tell me the best according to pure sound quality.

Oct 14, 2010 at 3:43 AM Post #6 of 15
What I want is Deep and punchy bass with smooth treble. I do not want harsh treble at all. Also I need clear mids.

Oct 14, 2010 at 8:21 AM Post #7 of 15
Any user of both clip+ and gumstick can help me please?

Oct 14, 2010 at 11:21 AM Post #8 of 15
Allow me to laugh before trying to answer; there is no such thing as 'better sound quality' - it simply can't be fit into any metric that works across a psychohistoric glut of humanity. Instead, we get people saying that clear players or warm players, or 'emotional' players are best for SQ - there is nothing that can tell a player apart from another that stands even an inch high to personal preference.

But personally, I'd take the Gumstick over the Clip for fun sound. But, I'd never use the gumstick in the daytime as I cannot see the screen and the thing becomes and iPod shuffle (without good controls). 

For the M2 earphones (which are easy to drive), both will sound divine, but the Gumstick may serve up less hiss and a little smoother midrange. 

I doubt, however, that the gumstick comes close to the acuity of frequency response that the clip is capable of.
Quote:
Which one is the best according to Sound Quality? I will use Brainwavz M2 as a earphone. Expert comments needed and also the user of both these player need ur comments.

Oct 14, 2010 at 1:04 PM Post #9 of 15

Quote:
Any user of both clip+ and gumstick can help me please?

If this is matter of life end death - buy both,you will have fun compering them.GumStick have voice control,did you notice? - for day light!it talks title and name of artists,even English and Chinese
together!miracle of technology!I am not sure if JS dont fall into convulsions...patented?(hush.hush..!)

Oct 14, 2010 at 1:36 PM Post #10 of 15
See guys, Let me make it easy for u, I ave chosen Brainwavz M2 so u guys can understand what kinda sound I like according to my chosen earphone, so same kinda taste I would love to have in MP3 Player. My sound preferences are I like Deep and punchy bass when it is needed, excellent mids and smooth treble and none of these frequencies should kill other frequencies whether it is lows, mids or highs. Now suggest me Hippo Gumstick or SanDisk Sansa Clip+.

Oct 15, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #11 of 15
I shouldn't go demanding people to choose for you like that. People here help others out because they feel like it, not because they have to. I think you've already had some pretty good impressions and suggestions. The source won't influence the sound that much. Not in that price category anyway. I'd be impressed if you can hear the difference in a blind test with those earphones. 

Oct 16, 2010 at 11:35 AM Post #12 of 15
Clip+ Rockboxed gives you better EQ so you can have that punchy bass that you need?

Just my 2 cents. =)

Oct 16, 2010 at 3:51 PM Post #14 of 15

Quote:
hey just a question where are you buying the hippo gumstick from?
im thinking of getting one too

http://jaben.net/shopping/product_info.php?products_id=302

Oct 16, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #15 of 15
I have my Clip+ ROCKboxed, and I have the M2's. They go well together. With all the settings in RB, you can probably adjust to find the sound you're looking for. I just don't have the gumstick to compare it to.

BTW, the Brainwavz M3's are coming out as well: http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19985

Users who are viewing this thread

Back