Hip-Hop collection getting tired. Help.
Jan 31, 2008 at 8:17 AM Post #18 of 33
want to thank this thread for lupe fiasco. listened to The Cool today, haven't been grabbed like that for a while. going out to get the cd tomorrow.

Jan 31, 2008 at 10:09 AM Post #19 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiesty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm likin it so far, especially "Nostalgia". If you like his production check out Snowgoons - German Lugers.

Yes, thats one of the stronger tracks. I like the one with Copyright and Large Pro a lot too. Ill check Snowgoons..
Its hard to recommend good stuff coming out these days but if youre into the leftfield a bit you might want to give C-Rayz Walz a shot. Thats a good listen.

Jan 31, 2008 at 1:22 PM Post #20 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by variable114 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
want to thank this thread for lupe fiasco. listened to The Cool today, haven't been grabbed like that for a while. going out to get the cd tomorrow.

The Cool was the best album of the past year I love it. Listen to Gotta Eat, it is the best song on the album.

Jan 31, 2008 at 2:10 PM Post #21 of 33
To me, Lupe's got game, but his albums have peaks and valleys. The highs are really high, though: Really dig "Dumb It Down." "Kick Push," the skateboard jam from his last one, was an instant classic.

Jan 31, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #23 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by tru blu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To me, Lupe's got game, but his albums have peaks and valleys. The highs are really high, though: Really dig "Dumb It Down." "Kick Push," the skateboard jam from his last one, was an instant classic.

You gotta add "The Instrumental" to that list. Honestly, Food & Liquor kinda blew me away!

Jan 31, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #25 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tone Def /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Honestly, Food & Liquor kinda blew me away!

Yeah, but without getting too insider-y, the original version—the one that was leaked online months early—was much tighter than the disc that eventually streeted. If you come across the tracks "Spazz Out" and "Ghetto Story (Steady Mobbin')," give 'em a listen. For some reason, they were nixed.

As for M.I.A., Kala was flat-out my favorite album of last year. "Bird Flu" is kray-zy!

Feb 2, 2008 at 2:36 AM Post #27 of 33
I've really been liking the artists on Obese Records. They have a ton of free samples on the label's site. Good stuff if you like the old-school Beastie Boys-esque sound.

Feb 3, 2008 at 9:28 AM Post #29 of 33
Assuming you only listened to American Hip-hop, I can highly recommend you to go out and find some UK Hip-hop. Or, if you understand French, you could check out some French Hip-hop. Personally, I think UK Hip-hop is the best Hip-hop out there but you might need to open up a bit to appreciate it. French productions are really topnotch as well, but as my French isn't the best out there it does ruin some of the fun.

Let me give you one link Kashmere

Just go out and explore, surf the web, listen to samples etcetera.

Feb 3, 2008 at 3:02 PM Post #30 of 33
I don't think it's been mentioned, so try Pharaohe Monch - Desire. It's fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back