Hip-Hop and Rap Fans!
Jan 26, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #286 of 448
I dunno, I just checked out that Wale dude on myspace, that nike boot song is not all that good. Yea, its sorta catchy, but its not com or mos, none of that. I really been getting into the roots though. Blackthough is ridiculous. I saw a freestyle of his on youtube that blew me away.

Jan 27, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #287 of 448
Prolyphic and Reanimator's The Ugly Truth is pretty awesome.
YouTube - Prolyphic & Reanimator -Survived Another Winter
YouTube - Prolyphic & Reanimator - On the Side

Automato is pretty good. Their song Hollywood and Vine is great, but it's not on Youtube, you could probably find it online somewhere though.

Tonedeff has amazing flow.
YouTube - Tonedeff - Porcelain

CunninLynguists are quite epic.
YouTube - Cunninlynguists - falling down

Those are the new rappers I've been checking out. I don't listen to much rap, but I really enjoy it when I'm in the mood.

Jan 27, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #288 of 448
I don't know about you but I liked the nike boots song, the version with lil wayne was surprisingly decent as well. I like WALEDANCE the most though. Maybe his go-go influence isn't for you. I hear it gets repetitive, but I like it.

Edit: I concur with the Black Thought, well erm thought. He is very ill (also Wale's favorite rapper).

Jan 27, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #289 of 448
I see some love here for Black Thought, right the ***** on. Be sure to see The Roots live even if you're a casual fan. Its a damn near unbelievable experience. Not that their studio work is lacking at all but live is astonishing, no joke. Currently bumping some M.O.P. and some Black Moon.

Feb 4, 2009 at 5:24 AM Post #290 of 448
Thanks guys. This is a great thread and has led me to some great overlooked artists:

Talib Kweli
J-Live
Lupe Fiasco

Also, not rap but I am loving

Janelle Monae
Muhsinah
J*Davey
Res

Feb 4, 2009 at 1:46 PM Post #291 of 448
Aaah, lovely to see that even in these days there are good releases. Super dope production by polish duo The Returners on their album called Global Takeover with mc El da Sensei. Anyone with me on this one? Highly recommended!

Feb 11, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #292 of 448
Dunno if it's been mentioned here, as I didn't read the whole thread, but I'm lovin' the Foreign Exchange album Connected. It's Phonte from Lil Brother and Nicolay, a producer from the Netherlands, I think. Nicolay's solo album is nice too. Just thought I would share, lol. Definitely check them out if you haven't.

Feb 11, 2009 at 6:16 AM Post #293 of 448
I love stuff from TI, Kanye (not a huuuge fan of his new album) but the one rap album I'm REALLY looking forward too is LupEND from Lupe Fiasco.

Feb 18, 2009 at 9:37 AM Post #297 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by ezzieyguywuf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dunno, I just checked out that Wale dude on myspace, that nike boot song is not all that good. Yea, its sorta catchy, but its not com or mos, none of that. I really been getting into the roots though. Blackthough is ridiculous. I saw a freestyle of his on youtube that blew me away.

im a huge wale fan right now.... that nike boots song tho i agree its terrible....

check out his other tracks......
chillin / w.a.l.e.d.a.n.c.e (or f.r.i.e.n.d.s) / the perfect plan .........

and talib is awesome... i was just with him a few weeks ago hanging out and chopping it up about his new group idle warship and upcoming work...

Feb 18, 2009 at 10:07 AM Post #298 of 448
Wale does have pretty sweet tracks, but like most people have said..the nike boots song is pretty weak.

Feb 18, 2009 at 12:26 PM Post #299 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by hew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks guys. This is a great thread and has led me to some great overlooked artists:

J-Live

I saw him live and met him in person!
smily_headphones1.gif

Such an awesome guy and gees, it went off!
He definitely lives up to the live part in his name.
Not many can MC and DJ at the same time and still make it sound so so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back