Hip-Hop and Rap Fans!
Nov 5, 2008 at 8:49 AM Post #241 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
unrequited man love (no homo)

haha

On point now, I've been on a listening spree lately and I've always liked N*E*R*D* : In Search Of... and was wondering if anyone else loves the neptunes sound and pharrell? I'm definitely a stan.

The Neptunes and Pharrell have always been sick. Seeing Sounds is a good album, check it out if you haven't done so yet

Nov 6, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #242 of 448
I'm definately into Hip-hop, as its one of my main genres that I listen to out of many.
Should be seeing The Sugar Hill Gang live on saturday in birmingham, no ****.
bigsmile_face.gif
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 6, 2008 at 11:41 PM Post #243 of 448
now that the renaissance is out you people need to cop that

Nov 7, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #245 of 448
i love ghostface

Thx

Nov 7, 2008 at 4:12 AM Post #246 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by breakankles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
royce da 5'9 - the album
viva la hova mixtape
dg yola mixtape
qtip - the renaissance
glc- i aint even on yet mixtape
charles hamilton - l word mixtape
trae - the beginning
black milk - popular demand, broken wax & all his other stuff
prgz crew & all them others dudes from huntsville alabama
stat quo - the south got somethin to say
bobby creekwater - the bc era

I just listen to that stat one the other day. It was pretty good I dont think he gonna make a big come back though. I like the last couple tracks, he did a Big Brother type song.

Im gonna go get that Q-Tip one next week, got that GLC tape but aint listened to it should be aight. And that Viva La Hove tape aint listened to yet either.
If your in that shat i hope u grabbed the Yes We Can tape. And there were many more reppin Barack.

Nov 7, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #247 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by sahwnfras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just listen to that stat one the other day. It was pretty good I dont think he gonna make a big come back though. I like the last couple tracks, he did a Big Brother type song.

Im gonna go get that Q-Tip one next week, got that GLC tape but aint listened to it should be aight. And that Viva La Hove tape aint listened to yet either.
If your in that shat i hope u grabbed the Yes We Can tape. And there were many more reppin Barack.

I tried listening to Illa J - Yancey Boys but people always gonna expect quality being J Dilla's bro.
Some nice beats but rhymes was weak.

Yeah, that stat wasn't bad. Same w/creekwater.

I overlooked those mixtape reppin Obama, but I'll take a look on your rec. Just so many of them and so many people droppin his name in their songs.

I've been bumpin those artists from Huntsville AL hard. I don't know why. I think it's more the beats. On the r&b tip, I got some new Yahzarah. Gotta support her & Muhsinah b/c they reppin DC.

Nov 8, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #248 of 448
You gotta atleast get DJ Green Lantern & Russel Simmons - Yes We Can. I can hook it up if you want. Then Jay and Nas hve put out a couple since, Jay put out one after the election it wasnt to bad cant remember what it was called now.

Anyone listen to Sadat X, I think his album came out on tues anyone heard? His last Black October was dope. Hes the guy from Brand Nubian.

Nov 8, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #251 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have discovered an epic blend of indie and rap...

The album Pomegranate by Astronautalis.

Really just a cool album. I especially like The Wondersmith and His Songs, Trouble Hunters, and The Story of My Life.

That's a great album, The Mighty Ocean & Nine Dark Theaters is good also.

Nov 9, 2008 at 10:12 AM Post #252 of 448
here we go, nice to find this thread.
Anyone try some aussie hip hop ever?
Recently I heard Mdusu&Dameza and Pez new album
they ill and both of soulful and jazzy

Nov 18, 2008 at 2:11 AM Post #254 of 448
any of you cats check out this years release from a relatively uknown, Gaslamp Killer: I spit on your grave.

3 tracks long tracks

Straight Fire

Nov 18, 2008 at 7:46 PM Post #255 of 448
Just out of curiosity, as there are some "Americans" in here:
How known is Atmosphere in the US? Cause I always hear it's "Indie", but then it seems they had some chart appearances already

Oh, and by the way: Atmosphere and Looptroop Rockers are probably the two I like most out of those that might be known anywhere else in the world but in Germany
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back