Hip-Hop and Rap Fans!
Oct 25, 2008 at 9:36 AM Post #226 of 448
So for some reason I had never picked up Stillmatic until this week. I think I can safely say that no hip hop song has ever struck me the way Rewind did. One of the most unique and creative songs I've ever heard. It's just one of the reasons why Nas is, in my opinion, the best MC of all time.

Oct 25, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #228 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you like Fort Minor check out Styles Of Beyond they IMO are what make Fort Minor so hot. They have 2 or 3 CD's They were around then broke up. Mike got them back together for the Fort Minor then they made another CD and "are working" on a new one. Also Mike/Styles ran with Apathy,Celph Titled, Esoteric and other cats like that.

Yeah I've checked out SOB a fair bit, found it harder to get into their stuff. The FM We Major mixtape is awesome.

Oct 26, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #229 of 448
q-tip the renaissance just leaked check it out!!!! Just gonna start spinnin it now

Oct 26, 2008 at 12:03 PM Post #230 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
q-tip the renaissance just leaked check it out!!!! Just gonna start spinnin it now

Be careful. I know there's a sticky in the Music forum saying to avoid discussing illegal downloads.
smile.gif

Oct 28, 2008 at 12:21 AM Post #231 of 448
to whoever recommended black milk's tronic.....I love you.

I was flipping through albums on my ipod today when I started playing illmatic.

I forgot how much I loved this album.

Oct 28, 2008 at 12:56 PM Post #232 of 448
I actually gave dre's 2001 a try and loved it! when i first bought it, i wasn't really feelin it (i think i was real heavy into the older-school sound of the chronic) but 2001 is no joke. I still much prefer the old-school vibe though. Old-school beats, old-school rhymes...etc. I've decided that i'm not going to find any new music that gives me that same vibe, so its time for me to start digging into the annals of the golden-era and uncover albums I haven't ever heard before. Of course, this means eventually i'm going to run out of new stuff to buy....*sigh*

Oct 28, 2008 at 1:16 PM Post #233 of 448
2001 was my first "hip hop album" I loved it for forgot about dre, watcher, whats the difference, still d.r.e

ahhh.

Oct 28, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #234 of 448
EDIT...

Black Milk Interview @ smokingsection.net

When I went to smokingsection, this is the first thing that popped up and I thought you might wanna check this out.
Haven't read it yet so don't know if it's good.
Don't know if you hit up this site but it's nice.
Been goin there for a min- before they blew up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
to whoever recommended black milk's tronic.....I love you.

LOL! Do I get a gift for that?
biggrin.gif

Oct 29, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #235 of 448
unrequited man love (no homo)

haha

On point now, I've been on a listening spree lately and I've always liked N*E*R*D* : In Search Of... and was wondering if anyone else loves the neptunes sound and pharrell? I'm definitely a stan.

Oct 31, 2008 at 2:30 PM Post #237 of 448
no problem man, I gotta check out the new album too.

Nov 1, 2008 at 5:56 AM Post #239 of 448
I think I'll join in the discussion here. I liked L.A.X. a bit more than his other 2 but I still haven't decided which of the 2 Game albums I like more so I'll give them another listen before I jump to conclusions.

I've heard a lot about Tronic so I'm going to give it a listen while I'm in bed. (I do most of my listening at this time because now I get really distracted when I listen to music because the corner of my mind keeps focusing on the lyrics, beat and sound quality)

Also what is your set up for hip hop? I don't have much so I only have a D1001 and a JBL Reference 220 for when I am out but I think I'll take a look at the Soundmagic PL30

Nov 1, 2008 at 10:58 AM Post #240 of 448
I have been thinking about trying to tailor my rig since I mostly listen to rap/hip hop & r&b (although this is changing as I get older) but I havent really done my research. I guess it makes sense to try to accentuate those elements that are common in hip hop so I get the sweetest sound. At first I was only focusing on IEMs but I think I want one set of full headphone mostly for home. If anyone has any recs let me know (under $200).

Right now I'm listening to

royce da 5'9 - the album
viva la hova mixtape
dg yola mixtape
qtip - the renaissance
glc- i aint even on yet mixtape
charles hamilton - l word mixtape
trae - the beginning
black milk - popular demand, broken wax & all his other stuff
prgz crew & all them others dudes from huntsville alabama
stat quo - the south got somethin to say
bobby creekwater - the bc era

on another note, anybody watch that bbc jayz documentary?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back