Hip-Hop and Rap Fans!
Sep 30, 2008 at 3:36 AM Post #181 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.khali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We can only hope Rae's next album is good. His last few were terrible. Only Ghost seems to have any pride left in the clan to put out quality. On the Lil' Wayne topic I see stirring, don't believe the hype as Public Enemy said. Weezy is at the top right now I will give you that but that doesn't mean he is the greatest right now. I find his flow and lyrics very inconsistent. He does have some good ideas however and you can tell he puts in effort but I still cannot label him the best right now. I said the same thing about 50 when he was riding high a little while back. When the hype dies down you will not be enjoying the album the same as you are now when it is fresh. He is in the same pool as Master P, Ja Rule, 50 but nowhere close to Nas, Biggie, Pac, Jay-Z when they were at the top. Marketing plays a larger factor now over skill. Poor Mobb Deep decided to join G unit because of this ridiculous trend. I can tell by your posts you know your Hip Hop, I just think the hype machine's flashing lights is blinding you a bit.
wink.gif

You know what i can agree that his reign might not last. But really hes been in the game for over 12 years alread, only really been in the mainstream spot light for the last 3-4, other than Cash Money and No Limit ruled the late 90s and the Hot boys were platinum sellin artists back then. But i think he still might last a bit.
I really gotta give it to Busta and Fat Joe especially though. They have been in it since the early 90s and they are still goin hard. Bun B (RIP Pimp C) too hes mad old school still goin hard, Scarface kinda slowed down last while to busy being the boss i guess.

O Well an artist u guys should check out Masta Ace. He was down with the Juice Crew back in the Big Daddy Days. His A Long Hot Summer is amazing its like a musical movie. Disposable Arts is also amazing. And Slaughter House is a bit old school but just amazing my favorite. His old old school stuff is good but i like his newer stuff better

Sep 30, 2008 at 8:20 AM Post #182 of 448
ezzie how are the livewires treating you hip hop wise? i am most likely getting a pair as a christmas present to myself. right now i am loving nas and biggie out of my pk1.

i also cannot wait for the new raekwon. i saw him with ghostface in july and it was simply incredible. might have been the highlight of the entire 3 day music festival edging out animal collective and public enemy.

Oct 1, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #183 of 448
Found this on youtube: YouTube - Wu Tang Clan in the Streets of Statin Island art 2 of 2.

Pretty good interview, though the 'knowahmsayin' is getting kinda annoying.
wink.gif
Anyhoo, there's even gunshots in the back which impresses me. The children don't seem to be bothered with it though. Just everyday life. I guess the '**** is real'.

Oct 2, 2008 at 12:31 AM Post #185 of 448
Its been a minute but thats cause I've been enjoying my new cans and some new hip hop. You guys should check out Jean Grae her album Jeanius and newly released Evil Jeanius are fire. Female mc dont sleep!!!.

Oct 2, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #186 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Found this on youtube: YouTube - Wu Tang Clan in the Streets of Statin Island art 2 of 2.

Pretty good interview, though the 'knowahmsayin' is getting kinda annoying.
wink.gif
Anyhoo, there's even gunshots in the back which impresses me. The children don't seem to be bothered with it though. Just everyday life. I guess the '**** is real'.

Thats not cool

Oct 2, 2008 at 1:30 AM Post #187 of 448
Quote:

You guys should check out Jean Grae her album Jeanius and newly released Evil Jeanius are fire. Female mc dont sleep!!!.

Yeah, Jeanius is a pretty sick album. Her and Kweli should do any album together, instead of just the random song now and then.

Oct 2, 2008 at 1:05 PM Post #189 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by sahwnfras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats not cool

Oh woops. I realise that's a weird phrase. I'm not impressed by it as in impressive/good job but rather impressed like wow, that's seriously bad. It's not cool in any way, I agree.

Oct 13, 2008 at 11:46 AM Post #190 of 448
My personal top five :

Notorious B.I.G - Ready to die
The Roots -Things fall appart
Mos Def & Talib Kwali - Blackstars
De La Soul - Art Official Intelligence: Mosaic Thump
Q-Tip - Amplified

Oct 13, 2008 at 3:12 PM Post #191 of 448
Listening to right now...

Termanology - Politics as Usual
The Foreign Exchange - Leave it all Behind (different than the first, guess this is r&b)
Z-Ro - Crack
Ghostface - The Big Doe Rehab
ABN - It Is What It Is
CurrenSy - Fin (never got to check it out)

R&B

Muhsinah - Day.Break 2.0
Raphael Saadiq - The Way I See It
Robin Thicke - Something Else
Jazmine Sullivan - not so much Fearless but other tracks she's done that are floating around

EDIT- I got some tracks from that Jean Grae album. Sounds pretty good.

Oct 13, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #193 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by breakankles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Listening to right now...

Termanology - Politics as Usual
The Foreign Exchange - Leave it all Behind (different than the first, guess this is r&b)
Z-Ro - Crack
Ghostface - The Big Doe Rehab
ABN - It Is What It Is
CurrenSy - Fin (never got to check it out)

R&B

Muhsinah - Day.Break 2.0
Raphael Saadiq - The Way I See It
Robin Thicke - Something Else
Jazmine Sullivan - not so much Fearless but other tracks she's done that are floating around

EDIT- I got some tracks from that Jean Grae album. Sounds pretty good.

Muhsina is amazing. Really cool sound! All you hip hop heads would love this girl's beats. She does most of the production herself I believe.

Oct 13, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #195 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiddishHamburgla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ezzie how are the livewires treating you hip hop wise? i am most likely getting a pair as a christmas present to myself. right now i am loving nas and biggie out of my pk1.

i also cannot wait for the new raekwon. i saw him with ghostface in july and it was simply incredible. might have been the highlight of the entire 3 day music festival edging out animal collective and public enemy.

Sorry for the delay in responding. Haven't had a chance to get to the forum in a whle (damn MAE curriculum!). Yea, i absolutely LOVE my livewires. As far as how they perform with hip-hop, once you let their sound settle on you they ROCK OUT. Let me explain: I was using some Bose IEs (christmas present from the gf, wadaya gonna do....) which had an extrememely pronounced bass. It was fun, but i wanted some 'phones with more detail/isolation. Hence the livewires. Coming from the bass-heavy IEs, i can tell you i was a little dissapointed with the bass of the livewires. It was unfair, because my ears were used to the overpowering base of the IEs. After about two months of constant listening, its like a switch came up in my ears. I just heard all this bass coming out of the livewires that was just amazingly crisp and pleasant and deep and boomy. Everything I wanted! it was great. Whats better, they love EQ, so when i'm feelin real bass-heady I just bump up the lows and marvel at how great the livewires handle it. So, in short, if you want something that sounds hip-hoppy right out of the box, maybe the livewires aren't for you. If you're willing to give your ears some time to get used to them (which may not take as long for you, if you aren't comin from something as bad as the Bose's), then the livewires will not dissapoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back