Highest level of education completed?
Apr 14, 2008 at 8:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

Clutz

Tells us when we're offset.
I'm curious about what the highest level of education completed is by members of Head-Fi. Since I'm within 3 months of completing my PhD, I'm going to mark down doctorate and cheat a little bit. If you are so close to graduating that you can't help but graduate, then feel free to select that category. If we get enough responses I'll compare the values to the population at large, probably using a chi-squared test.

The categories will be:
High School
Junior College
College/University
Masters Degree (Law School, and other similar 2/3 year post-graduate training programs)
Doctorate (including MD/MB, DVM, DC, OD, etc)

Apr 14, 2008 at 8:22 PM Post #3 of 37
MBA, FTW...

Apr 14, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #4 of 37
Apr 14, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #5 of 37
I put high school, b/c I'm still in high school. I'm 16, gimme a break
wink.gif

Apr 14, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #7 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Binaural Fusion /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I look forward to the results, I have a feeling we're pedagogically above-average.

Define "average".

Apr 14, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #8 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dropped out of college and have people with doctorates working for me...

I am similar. I dropped out of university and have had people with degrees working for me.

cheers
Simon

Apr 14, 2008 at 11:11 PM Post #10 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Define "average".

Demographically that we are more educated than would be the "population at large".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If we get enough responses I'll compare the values to the population at large, probably using a chi-squared test.

Apr 15, 2008 at 4:12 AM Post #13 of 37
No technical schools or trades?

Not to knock college, I am hired by people who design and manage hospitals and will never learn everything they know. Just keep an open mind to alternate ways of learning. The real world university has it's advantages. To be good at what you do, you have to live in it to apply all that education effectively. Too many feel above it all to evaluate what they create by getting a first hand view in the field by those who use the design. It compromises your product if you don't.

Apr 15, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #14 of 37
Well put. I have a lot of years of college under my belt (5), but no degree yet. I will in about 1 year.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back