High quality vinyl rips
Feb 1, 2009 at 10:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

goorackerelite

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know where I can look for high quality vinyl rips in the form of digital? I'm not opposed to digital, I just hate the compression that's so common today in mass produced digital sound.

Thanks

Feb 2, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #2 of 5
I am interested as well. There is a Red Hot Chili Peppers vinyl rip on several torrent sites that is very nice. I A/Bed the vinyl rips to the same songs in lossless from their CD. The vinyl sounds by far superior.

Feb 2, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #3 of 5
Me im using Goldwave to rip my vinyl.I have test the recording of many software and goldwave give the more exact reproduction of sound.
You can even export your work in wav. or directly in FLAC.And a pretty good audio editor.

Edit:I think i misunderstood your question, sorry.One place you can get these kind of files is mp3skyline but they dont rip in wav(in 320 kbps at least).I know they hold a lot of electronic and planty of other genre.You can check Trackitdown too.These are both great sites.

Feb 2, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #4 of 5
You might want to ask LFF about needledrops. He's done quite a few. I haven't gotten around to it (yet), but have looked into picking up something like an Alesis MasterLink, so I can rip into 24/96 and picking up an external DAC that will output the same resolution.

Feb 2, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #5 of 5
Wow, Let us know if you do go with the Masterlink by Alesis. I think it would be cool to do a/b testing of things like cartridges and phonopreamps in 24 bit. I was going to see what my e-mu 24/96 card will do for LP back-up. I like your computerless solution better!

I know the question is "Where can I buy or get LP- Major Label or homebrew rips?" Were saying " Hey make your own!" They do now have labels that download high def music now straight to your computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back