High impedance over-ear open for heavy metal
Sep 5, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #16 of 18
Grados do not have the high impedance youre asking for.The closest to it in a 600ohm version will be the AKG K240 sextett,which is a brilliant HP IMO.

Sep 5, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #17 of 18
Grados do not have the high impedance youre asking for.The closest to it in a 600ohm version will be the AKG K240 sextett,which is a brilliant HP IMO.
Better yet, so it will not be difficult to drive them, because in the end what matters, at least for me is the quality of sound, and from what I read in several comments the headphones are the best Grado for rock.

Sep 6, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #18 of 18
Although i think the sound would be exactly what i am looking for, I'm definitely worried about the HE-6 build quality unfortunately. My HE-4 are constructed the same and they did not hold up to even gentle use apparently. Under the plastic earcup gimble clamps there are screws affixing the mount to the headstrap. The mount is plastic, it seems rather flimsy. Also i'm not a fan of the little smc connectors. I much prefer the build quality of the Audezes.

I remember reading the fit is finicky on the abyss but that just seems awful. Kind of seems like a dealbreaker for me at the moment, so the search continues. Also wow thanks for that classified tool link!!! i wish i knew about this 4 years ago lol.

definitely looks intriguing, ill read some reviews. Mr speaker has definitely been under my radar. I've been out of the game for a while and am just getting back up to speed on gear available - last i remember mr speaker was just doing mad dog mods! Interesting to see they are a full OEM now, seems like the build quality is really nice as well. i am concerned about them being closed type, but if they have good isolation and dont leak too much i might be able to use them at work so that might be an ok compromise. right now i am using uiems at work which i dont love the sound of, but they have great isolation, really the only reason i am keeping them around.

based on my past reading ive sort of avoided beyers, but i'll take another look to be sure. Seemed to me their sound signature wasnt going to be my cup of tea. thanks for the lead though.

any way you could provide a link? i gave it the old college try but i just cant seem to figure out what the degrees are... i feel like a goon i'm sorry

The new Beyer models are quite different so take a look at the DT1990 Pro, excellent for rock and metal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back