High End Racks
Jun 24, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #154 of 166
Unfortunately, I have no time. You would have to wait 6 months or more to get it! I may at some point build one and put it in the for sale forum. We'll see.

Jun 30, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #159 of 166
I highly recommend a Steve Blinn rack.  They're all custom-sized which was critical for me to fit large gear.  Steve is a complete gentleman and incredibly responsive.  You can see a lot of examples of his racks by doing an image search for 'Steve Blinn'.

They look even better in person.  The silver aluminum with the rounded corner and maple hardwood is gorgeous.  The rack sometimes gets more initial comments than the BHSE when friends are over to listen to gear :)

http://www.steveblinndesigns.com/

Jul 8, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #162 of 166
I just got a brand new resonance isolated rack from Hi-End Racks Co. and it Looks great  ! 
beerchug.gif

Nov 11, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #163 of 166
Well this is an ancient post but nevertheless the costs of some of the better equipment racks has escalated even more in 2020. I have recently moved and before I moved since I had not spun vinyl for many years . To help make my move as easy as possible I disposed of my old style oak wood custom made equipment cabinets. I had done a equipment trade a long time ago and had traded a stax electrostatic headphone and the accompanying tube amp for a linn lp 12 and original ekos tonearm arm and grado wood phono cartridge srait up. The linn had no power supply which I later added (waste of money). I actually never did use the Linn and it sat forever on Zoethicus stand I had bought for it. So I disposed of my vinyl and traded the Linn and Lingo 2 power supply in toward the rogue RH-5 headphone amp. So after I moved I set up my headphone stuff on the Zoethicus stand. Wow what a difference that has made. My headphone rig sounds way better resolved in every way than it did on my old wood equipment cabinets. Unfortunately Zoethicus is no longer made you could do a lot worse than trying to buy one off e bay.

Nov 12, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #164 of 166
Would be interested whst high end racks are liked nowadays.

Personally I'm interested in the Naim Fraime and the Lite Version, but before that there is quite some other stuff to buy

Nov 12, 2020 at 8:42 PM Post #165 of 166
I have a solid tech rack of silence that I got for free through a fortunate series of events. It's cool but if I spent 3k on it I'm not sure if I would feel good about it. It's just not that substantial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back