High-End Portable Audio – Business Class..
Jul 18, 2013 at 4:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

wingtsun

100+ Head-Fier
As much as I love the portable rigs on here with the rubber bands and bright colours, I do have to keep in mind that, in the business environment within which I operate, I'd look like a bit of a plonker with such a rig sat upon my desk. So is it possible to have a great sounding rig that also looks the part in the boardroom? (not that boardrooms are so boring I'd want to listen to music, you understand..
biggrin.gif
) Well, I think it is possible!! What do you guys think?

Jul 18, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:
As much as I love the portable rigs on here with the rubber bands and bright colours, I do have to keep in mind that, in the business environment within which I operate, I'd look like a bit of a plonker with such a rig sat upon my desk. So is it possible to have a great sounding rig that also looks the part in the boardroom? (not that boardrooms are so boring I'd want to listen to music, you understand..
biggrin.gif
) Well, I think it is possible!! What do you guys think?

One of those in the back ground and a pair of those in the foreground and you will be delighted wherever you are. Promise!

Jul 18, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

One of those in the back ground and a pair of those in the foreground and you will be delighted wherever you are. Promise!

I like the idea of this thread, can one really get away with open backs? I tried it for a while and I know that I annoyed people.

Jul 18, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Oh no! Don't do that to me!! Which IEMs are those? I currently have IE8s..

Jul 18, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Oh no! Don't do that to me!! Which IEMs are those? I currently have IE8s..

:) I have them too. These are another level entirely. They sound as good as a lot of full closed back phones, good ones too. Tralucent 1plus2 ... considered at the moment to be the "best" IEM ever made by man. I concur! 

Jul 19, 2013 at 5:20 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
:) I have them too. These are another level entirely. They sound as good as a lot of full closed back phones, good ones too. Tralucent 1plus2 ... considered at the moment to be the "best" IEM ever made by man. I concur! 

Hmm.. will take a good look at those. Thanks for that. My wife will really dislike you now.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back