High-End Interconnects As Headphone Cable?
Apr 6, 2005 at 1:09 AM Post #2 of 7
inteconnects are too heavy.

youd have to twist two of them together since ICs are mono.

it can be done, but youd have a humungous twised cable attached to you headphones. Its a waste of money. Youd also have to get non-coaxial type too.

I suppose you can make a dual mono design? but IMO there will be little to no significant gain in any audio.

Apr 6, 2005 at 3:01 AM Post #3 of 7
I had a custom cable designed using the same wire as the manufacturers high end interconnects. The cable turned out to have an even better than expected influence on the sonics.
smily_headphones1.gif

Biggie.

Apr 6, 2005 at 11:01 PM Post #4 of 7
I saw some done with cardas cable the same cable as the cardas interconnects.
I would like to upgrade someday.
rs1smile.gif

Apr 7, 2005 at 1:16 AM Post #6 of 7
Mastergill had a custom cardas neutral reference video cable made for his sennheisers. He even posted a glowing review.

Biggie.

Apr 7, 2005 at 6:57 AM Post #7 of 7
IMO a single star quad run is already too heavy to use with my sr-80s.

using something more heavier would probably cause me to throw my headphones across the room.

the key is to keep the wire light and flexible as possible, Since high priced inter connects are normally manufactured in lengths of 3 feet, and significantly more per foot. with the connectors normally costing more then the cable itself. This project would be literally throwing away money.

Youre better off trying to aquire raw cabling from the manufacturer directly rather then hacking a decent interconnect up just for the cable.

Which is why you see a lot of cardas recable, since they offer them in bulk raw cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back