High End In-Ears
Nov 6, 2009 at 11:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Labze

New Head-Fier
Hey
smily_headphones1.gif

As i have birthday upcoming soon im looking to treat myself with some better in-ears. I am looking at some of the highest end as i can get. Currently, i am looking at the Shure SE 530PTH, but i am not really sure if they are what i am looking for in terms of sound signature.

The kind of music i listen to varies alot, mostly though it is trance and dance music, but i like ambient stuff too, also rock and metal, pop and slow music so i want it to be able to handle all these genres quite well.

The price tag og the Shure is quite right, so are there any others in that price range that might suit me better?

Thanks in advance ^^

Nov 6, 2009 at 12:45 PM Post #3 of 25
Thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately its hard to get the UE's where i live. And i dont really like the klipsch from what i see..

However i've looked on the Denon AH-C751, Sennheiser IE8 and sony's MDR-EX700LP which also looks interesting. How would those compare?

Nov 6, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #4 of 25
Too bad, I too was gonna suggest the TF10. Definitely better than the Se530 in every way imaginable (my opinion only, of course). It's a fairly "neutral" IEM and therefor handles all genres well.

Nov 6, 2009 at 4:27 PM Post #6 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by mistertomlinson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too bad, I too was gonna suggest the TF10. Definitely better than the Se530 in every way imaginable (my opinion only, of course). It's a fairly "neutral" IEM and therefor handles all genres well.

neutral my arse, its very V shaped

anyway op where are you, whats your budget and do you have any sound preferences, bass, mids ,treble etc

Nov 6, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #8 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyway op where are you, whats your budget and do you have any sound preferences, bass, mids ,treble etc

I want the bass to be both deep and tight, i do listen alot to psytrance, muddy bass screws that genre totally up.

I have no big preference in the mids other than that its comfortable and its there. The treble should be cripsy and airy, and not too sharp.

Now i know thats probrably not able to get but gives you the idea of what kind of sound i like. The Sony EX700 sounds very lot like this and have really grown me a interest so current leader.

Nov 6, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #9 of 25
How about checking out the Stax SR-001MK2?
Awesome sounding in-ear for the money imo. If you can bare with the relative small energizer that is.

staxsr001.JPG

Nov 6, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #10 of 25
i listen to psytrance stuff like infected mushrooms and others and the ie8 is perfect,very wide soundstage,very airy and open and the bass doesnt bloat on these genres.

Nov 6, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #11 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i listen to psytrance stuff like infected mushrooms and others and the ie8 is perfect,very wide soundstage,very airy and open and the bass doesnt bloat on these genres.

Great to hear that from one that listens to infected mushroom =)

What makes me doubt the IE8's is the price tag. It is like half price of the sonys and the Shure, and many bucks cheaper than denon.

A bonus question though is how much of a upgrade are these from denon C-452?

Nov 6, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #12 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Labze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want the bass to be both deep and tight, i do listen alot to psytrance, muddy bass screws that genre totally up.

I have no big preference in the mids other than that its comfortable and its there. The treble should be cripsy and airy, and not too sharp.

Now i know thats probrably not able to get but gives you the idea of what kind of sound i like. The Sony EX700 sounds very lot like this and have really grown me a interest so current leader.

IE8

for what you want it will beat the 530 and is on a top tier IEM, the sony is by all accounts not.

also where are you that the IE8 costs less than the ex700????

Nov 7, 2009 at 6:57 AM Post #13 of 25
I think there's this funny thing about neutrality that people tend not to understand... Or correct me if I'm wrong.

Volume of a frequency has nothing to do with neutrality. If there was such a thing then digital EQs would rule over the effects of earphone sound signatures.

Neutrality is about the frequency response. How it presents the frequencies; whether it gets really nasal because of higher response for high mids even though it's the same volume, so you get sharper attacks but with similar tone, etc.

So yup... I personally believe that TF10 is "neutral" too. But that's because it gives an equal frequency response throughout all frequencies.

Nov 7, 2009 at 11:53 AM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about checking out the Stax SR-001MK2?
Awesome sounding in-ear for the money imo. If you can bare with the relative small energizer that is.

http://www.fl-electronic.de/neuklang.../staxsr001.JPG

Can those be comfortable? They look pretty uncomfortable to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back