High End In-Ears
Nov 7, 2009 at 12:38 PM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can those be comfortable? They look pretty uncomfortable to me.

They sure can, but it seems to be very person dependent though.
I had some wearing comfort issues and sold mine, while others are perfectly happy. I bet its a matter of putting the correct tips on them, adjusting the headband or drop it, plus we do not all have the same ears.

Nov 7, 2009 at 12:53 PM Post #18 of 25
I'm leavin' on a jet plane flying to wherever the OP is and buying me a gazillion IE8s till they don't have any left and I'll start sellin' 'em off =P

but anyways. yeah the IE8s are really fun. If you do like treble though, they aren't the best in that department unless you EQ them. That being said, the IE8s are a really fun set of IEMs to have. They fit most genres of music bar maybe rock, but then again, maybe it's just cos' I was listening to J-rock and in FLAC via foobar which apparently may have some playback issues.

Nov 7, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #19 of 25
Thanks for the replies all
smily_headphones1.gif

I live in denmark and the IE8's are about 230$, where the shures and sonys are about 350$. (Recalculated from danish money). So theres a pretty big leap making me think the IE8s were a class below. But seems like most peoples here recommend me them.

I heard that the IE8s doesnt isolate sound that well, how bad is that, cause i tend to use them alot while travelling (public transport).

Nov 7, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #20 of 25
wow pretty good price,they sell in the usa for $450 .as for isolation,i listen to them when i ride the bus to college and to avoid the voices and noise,i crank up the volume to 50% on my ipod touch which is way way too much for me,but if the bus driver is playing something in the cassette,i can hear it if he cranks the volume.they are not good at isolation but they sound fantastic. if you intend to use them mqinly for public transportation then i wouldnt recommend them cause you will be deaf in no time because of the loud volume to avoid all noises,you can look at the shure se530 for isolation,although i dont know if they will fit the bill in sq as i didnt hear them.

Nov 7, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #21 of 25
We should most definitely have Labze do a group buy for use.

Nov 8, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We should most definitely have Labze do a group buy for use.

What?
smily_headphones1.gif

--

Anyway, so seems like the Sennheisers is the safest buy, i might be going for them, but still open to other opinions since i won't be buying untill another 15 days or so
smily_headphones1.gif
Wish i could try before buy :\

Btw does the IE8's sound anywhere near the HD650 from sennheiser cause i own that pair too. Can the IE8s play up the the HD650 or is it two different classes?

Nov 8, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #23 of 25
You can get the Klipsch X10s for $129 plus shipping if you're in the U.S., so it would be about $150. If you don't have a store near you, call in for a phone order. Their service is a bit slow, but they will take care of you. I got a pair of X5s, they were two days slow to ship it out so they gave me a free upgrade to FedEx priority overnight.

Extremely comfortable, and the bass is definitely present but not bloated IMHO. Detail and sound-stage are pretty damn good for such small IEMs, plus they're extremely comfortable!

Nov 8, 2009 at 1:32 PM Post #25 of 25
The IE8s where I was, were 380 AUD about half a year ago and now they've gone up to 580 AUD so I reckon it might go up as well where you are. It might be a promotional thing to get some exposure and then the price will go back up. =)

Honestly though, you won't regret going with the IE8s =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back