High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Dec 2, 2019 at 2:36 AM Post #3,332 of 4,186
respect people's opinions
1CC6A8E0-2332-4652-BE66-34FDCD6CB78D.jpeg

Dec 2, 2019 at 2:47 AM Post #3,333 of 4,186
There's no need for that at all, just keep things lighthearted, friendly and respect people's opinions.
I’m generally with you there but this is borderline preaching

He’s probably monitoring threads to see if anyone dares mention a cable and bam starts copy pasting his “objective” truths

Not only that, most of these blind test “studies” are based on speakers for the most part, and as pithy said, the sample sizes and selection are questionable at best - the only thing that speakers and IEMs have in common is that they both produce sound, but the technology in them is fundamentally different

Not only that, the so called studies are entirely based on short listening times, you get given one cable, music is played and your answer is awaited. Rinse and repeat for X amount of trials

A good cable doesn’t entirely change the sound, it reveals itself in subtle and specific points where you really marvel at what it is able to do

Even if it is a placebo, who the **** cares

If I had a Ferrari, I wouldn’t want to put the steering wheel of a Toyota Prius in there, I want the full experience to be 100% Ferrari

Dec 2, 2019 at 2:59 AM Post #3,334 of 4,186
I’m generally with you there but this is borderline preaching

He’s probably monitoring threads to see if anyone dares mention a cable and bam starts copy pasting his “objective” truths
It doesn't matter and (in my opinion) it does not help to speculate on someone else's motivations. Just point out that this is not the thread for it and they are welcome to just have a casual chat about cables if they want. Friend of mine thought cables were ridiculous and he still bought really expensive ones because of the ergonomics. That's fine too. This isn't the Sound Science forum, we don't burn heretics at the stake. :wink:

Dec 2, 2019 at 3:08 AM Post #3,336 of 4,186
Foreal tho, ergonomics in effect audio cables is downright magical.
That and looks

A well braided cable with shiny pretty materials and insulation is one of the most satisfying things I’ve owned

Dec 2, 2019 at 4:37 AM Post #3,338 of 4,186
Until it turns into dried spaghetti after a year
Depends on how you use it. If you keep them away from sunlight and humidity they should be fine for however long

The cable is generally the component that takes the most punishment out of the whole chain, you gotta look after it

Dec 2, 2019 at 4:42 AM Post #3,340 of 4,186
Depends on how you use it. If you keep them away from sunlight and humidity they should be fine for however long

The cable is generally the component that takes the most punishment out of the whole chain, you gotta look after it
I buy iems and by extension cables, to be portable .I have iems in my ears all day long, indoors and outdoors. I expect cables to at least survive the year. Effect audio can't do that.

Dec 2, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #3,341 of 4,186
I buy iems and by extension cables, to be portable .I have iems in my ears all day long, indoors and outdoors. I expect cables to at least survive the year. Effect audio can't do that.
No cable without external sleeving can do that, PVC as a material has certain limitations

Dec 2, 2019 at 4:50 AM Post #3,342 of 4,186
No cable without external sleeving can do that, PVC as a material has certain limitations
And that's why regrettably, iems with fancy cables are for home use for me

Dec 2, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #3,343 of 4,186
And that's why regrettably, iems with fancy cables are for home use for me
I'm with you there brother..

I generally use my Savant II when I'm outside, with a cheap cable that simply gets the job done. When I'm in the office or at home it's the fancy stuff.

Dec 2, 2019 at 5:08 AM Post #3,345 of 4,186
I'm with you there brother..

I generally use my Savant II when I'm outside, with a cheap cable that simply gets the job done. When I'm in the office or at home it's the fancy stuff.
Lucky you dont like headphones xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back