High-End Earbuds (VE, Blox, SHOZY etc) and Earbud Gear Discussion & Impressions Thread
Oct 14, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #291 of 1,031
Can anyone compare BE3 with PK1 ? I am a happy owner with pk1 but i would like an earbud that have same or even better sound quality without the need of an amp

Oct 16, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #293 of 1,031
  Can anyone compare BE3 with PK1 ? I am a happy owner with pk1 but i would like an earbud that have same or even better sound quality without the need of an amp

I have both earbuds, and all I can say is that BE3 is far superior than PK1, in every domains. Long time I'am not listening to them anymore now.
Furthermore, BE3 definitely not need any amp to shine (of course Ohms story, but not only! as I saw some earbuds with low Ohms aswell which clearly needs to be amped to "shine" also).
Currently BE3 are back to stock, but not for a long time.. :) I'am hesitating to order a third pair (yes a third!), but if no more BE3 in stock, I would suggest Mrice E100 right after.

Btw, I ordered a FiiO E10K desk DAC amp, reviews looks good to it, can't wait to receive it and test BE3 with it :)
Cheers'

Oct 17, 2014 at 5:07 AM Post #294 of 1,031
I still prefer the BE7 over the BE3. The difference is not too far but it's there. Now waiting for the next Blox flagship to come. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 17, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #295 of 1,031
Regarding my previous post on iTech earbuds, the seller did end up listing it on AliExpress.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/I-tech-clip-R35-801802803-D-RADIO-original-Headset/1081484_1994217274.html

I finally got my hands on Apple Earpods last month, and in comparison, Earpods isn't much better than the ones I'm currently owning (ES10, DIY PK3, DIY PK2, and iTech). Ordered MC5 and another pair of DIY PK3 from joco70901 on ebay, unfortunately they never reached. Seller did not respond to messages, but full refund was given. Too bad I can't compare them to MC5. :frowning2:

Oct 22, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #296 of 1,031
Ok, finally getting my first real listen to the Hifiman ES100, which just came in today after having to return a defective pair to Penon Audio.  Comfort is certainly there, given I cannot feel them unless I move my ears (something I had actually forgotten I could do because why would I ever have need to) and they're certainly the prettiest ear buds I own with a black/blue/silver design to them.  That's probably the aspect of ear buds I enjoy the most, they disappear even when you're aware of them and thinking about them.

Without hesitation my first choice to listen to on them on my Fiio X5 is Rachmaninoff's 2nd piano concerto, due to it be a remarkably fast paced piece at times (and quite beautiful too) that immediately captured my attention the first time I heard it.  It performs the first movement admirably with no complaints I can muster.   I'd have to compare them side by side, but I think these will win me over vs my Etymotic HF5 and Hifiman RE-0.

Second song selection is Foo Fighter's Stranger Things Have Happened, primarily due to my love of the instruments in this track.  The individual plucks of the guitar have good clarity, reminding me at least somewhat of the quality the HD700 brings to this aspect of the song.  The vocals don't strike me as being outstanding, but are certainly present, clear, and enjoyable.

Third song choice is Radiohead's No Surprises due to me liking the background bass line and what I'd assume is a xylophone in the track.  The bass line can disappear into the background at times, but I was never expecting bass to be a strong suit of this ear bud.  The bass line is still certainly present, as it's an aspect of this song I typically find myself paying more attention to.  As far as the xylophone, the individual notes are clearly distinct, only sometimes being drowned out by the rest of the song.  I don't have any treble sensitivity, but I could understand how some people might be bothered by the treble presentation here, but do not take this as the treble needing to be EQ'd, because I am by no means a good judge of treble.

On an interesting note, with Moby's Blue Paper, on the initial notes before the song really starts, I could really start to hear some imperfections with the notes that might be attributed to it being mp3 instead of flac.  I think it's in 320, but I'm not sure enough to say.  Once the song really begins, the song is portrayed without any flaw I could discern.  It's a very soft and flowing instrumental song, and is quite enjoyable on these ear buds.

I'd say on initial impressions the ear bud does well with classical and non-bass oriented alt rock.  I haven't tried out anything particularly bass oriented, but I don't expect that to be it's strong suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back