High-End Earbuds (VE, Blox, SHOZY etc) and Earbud Gear Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jul 31, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #46 of 1,031
  If build quality is not an issue for you and you are someone who goes all in, no compromises for sound quality then the new blox flagship seems to be where it's at or maybe even hifiman. I am interested in the Sennheisers myself because I like to go for the full package potentially sacrificing some scalability. 

For me most important is the SQ and the fit. So pk1 does fit into that category but i would like a bit more neutral sound and less bass. I think i got used to my tenores. Mx985 is fairly neutral and OK1 , i hope the new flagship by blox will be as their legendary TM7

Jul 31, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #47 of 1,031
Received my Baldoor Earbell E100 a week ago. I was impressed when I heard them out of the box but then realized that there is rattling sound on left speaker whenever I was listening to bass heavy songs. It really ruined my whole experience of listening to songs at high volume. I personally felt that the sound-stage is pretty narrow. I immediately requested seller to replace the same n he agreed to send me new pair without asking to send the original back as the shipping fees were more than the actual product.
Hopefully the replacement should sound good n have wide sound-stage.

Jul 31, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #48 of 1,031
Just received my Dasetn M760 today (10 days to be delivered from china to france, very happy).

Burned them 2 hours before having a first quick impression : sound is much better than TG-38s, more balanced, more bass, no more sibilant highs, mediums seems the only issue to me but is acceptable. Bass is less powerful, less precise and have much less impact than PK1. I will make a full review in some weeks when they willl be fully burned.

I have a question to M760 owners, I have the feeling that my pair sound like beeing on a 3D scene, it's like if my left pair sounds like 0,1ms faster than the right pair (or like right pair does not sound same as left) and so it sounds like a cheat to me to get a huge soundstage. It's like I'am listening to a 8.1 sound home system and me placed at the center. When I listen to my other buds (except 38s) it sounds like if I'am in front of a 2.1 system.
Does anybody have the same feeling, is this normal? or do I have a defective pair ?

Hopefully burning time will solve this "issue" to me.

Aug 1, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #50 of 1,031
I do not experience this delay when listening to my M760. It's a heck of a deal for the asking price. I actually prefer the sound of the Creative Aurvana Air - but sine I usually break all my buds within 3 months of useage, I don't like investing $120 in a pair of any buds - this is the reason why I prefer the M760. For the price of the Aurvanas, I can get 5 pairs of M760s - and with continuous usage (I don't use the same head device continuously though, I switch), I can get 15 months of use. The M760 is 80% of the sound of the Aurvanas for a little more than 20% of the price.

Aug 1, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #51 of 1,031
mutabor, I have taken note of your recommendation of the Final Audio Design earbuds. If anyone else wants to either nominate that they be added to the list or nominate a new model just post. Remember, they need 3 nominations before being a poll option. 

Also, anyone find any new chinese buds to try that are top line? BenF, if you're reading this, please continue reviewing and recommending crazy good chinese buds. I'll post your reviews on the original post. 

Aug 1, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #52 of 1,031
Sorry about the double post, but there's no way this is a genuine PK1, right?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Yuin-pk1-diy-original-earphones-150-aesthetic/1732845579.html

Has anyone bought from this store before and can report? Shouldn't it be very easy to tell if it's a genuine PK1 because there's only 2 OEM earbud drivers that are 150ohms (PK1 OK1) so if you test it and the impedance is huge then it must be real? 

Aug 1, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #53 of 1,031
In the other thread that was shutdown, I gave my impression of the Tingo TG-38S and they were quite negative.  In a nutshell they are one of the worst sounding and offensive earbuds I've ever heard, not even worthy of being given away to non-audiophile friends.  Exaggerated sibilant highs and weak hollow bass were the main negatives. I think I gave them every chance by burning them in extensively and even used desiccant as BenF suggested, but they still sucked.  That pair was purchased from Dasetn and came in a black carrying case.  I recently received another pair from Aliexpress which came in a nicer black and yellow box.  Well this pair is MUCH better than the ones from Dasetn.  Highs are not as exaggerated and bass is more controlled.  However, the same sound signature exists, just not as offensive.  I would characterize the TG-38S as very bright and fatiguing for prolonged use.  So, I'm pretty much done with TG-38S and can truthfully say they are not for me.  The 2nd pair however are at least worthy of being given away to a friend.

Aug 2, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #54 of 1,031
Just finished my Dasetn M760 full review, here it is:

Build quality :

I currently have an issue with my M760 pair, L and R marks already disappeared strangely, which is not really a problem to me since left pair have a micro ball into the grey plastic to get it recognized. Sennheiser logos seems solid, no issue here. Overall build quality is good but I was expecting something better from the red cable, I think I prefer PK1 original cable. The end 2”5 plug looks the worse part even it’s gold plated, it seems very fragile between the black and the beginning of the red cable. I will see in the future. Overall comfort Is good but not perfect, I can feel some pain when hearing them for 1 hour, which is not the case with my PK1, which is smaller.
*edit* : Sennheiser logos are also disapearing after just 2 days of use/manipulating, leaving now only their grey bodies..

Sound part :

I write this review based from my 48 hours of proper burning. I will edit it later after a week or so if the sound will change.
I checked a French audiophile board and saw a M760 review, and it reassured me because the first feeling I had form my previous post is confirmed (I firstly thought I had a defective pair but it looks not).
Dasetn MX760 has definitely an exagerated live presentation. To me is sounds like I’am listening music into a small 3D sphere, a bit like if you are placed at the center of a 8.1 music system. You feel the distance between vocals and those imaginal speakers. Bass has texture and can be powerful but they to not have the naturality of PK1, due to this “3D sphere” listening experience. I feel like a small “boombox” near to my ears. Mediums are finally here, I just needed some brain burn-in to settle down and appreciate them (much less time than 38s). Highs are never sibilant like can be 38s and PK1, no issue here, it has the right amount of quality. Definitely then, the most soundstage earbuds I listened yet.
I faced this 3D experience at the beginning into 38s, but it’s much less exaggerated than M760, I would say it’s 1/3 of M760.

M760 should be recommended to live presentation amateurs, but any kind of musics, because I really appreciated every kind of musics on it, clearly (where on 38s I recommend jazz/classic/pop listening only).
But M760 still does not suit to my taste, because I’am definitely not a fan of 3D live presentation. If I want some live effects, my computer sound card can already have it if I want to, which is not my definition of an earbud and should be natural with no exaggeration. That’s why PK1 is still my king of earbuds.

M760 to me does not really worth the 26 dollars asked. I’am a bit disappointed but at the same point quietly pleased to hear that different kind of earbud, that’s why I will never sell my M760 pair (still selling my 2 pairs of 38s btw) and will keep them when listening some relaxed live musics or watching some Star Wars, lol :) as it’s a very interesting earbud, the first of its own I would say.

I will try listen to M760 sometimes between some burning but I don’t think my advice will change on it.

I ordered yesterday Earbell E100, sound looks very promising after reading some people reviews, I hope my future pair won’t be affected by any control issue.
I will be pleased to compare them with PK1 and M760 later.

Thanks for reading, any question about M760, just ask, I will answer with pleasure.

My current and personal earbud ranking :
TM7 (sadly sold) > PK1 > ES10 & M760 > TG-38s

Cheers’

Aug 2, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #55 of 1,031
I've added your review to the original post subwoof3r. Too bad you didn't really enjoy the M760 the way I did. I also believe they are technically superior to the TG38S. I'm also really weirded out that you think the $4 ES10 are of equal performance, but I'm not doubting anything. I honestly can't see how those things could be any better than even the tinny, metallic 38S. I'm not really sure what you mean by the negative 3D feeling you describe, but perhaps you'd like the more lush and bassy Dasetn MC5 if you thought the M760 is too mid centric. 

Aug 2, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #56 of 1,031
I've added your review to the original post subwoof3r. Too bad you didn't really enjoy the M760 the way I did. I also believe they are technically superior to the TG38S. I'm also really weirded out that you think the $4 ES10 are of equal performance, but I'm not doubting anything. I honestly can't see how those things could be any better than even the tinny, metallic 38S. I'm not really sure what you mean by the negative 3D feeling you describe, but perhaps you'd like the more lush and bassy Dasetn MC5 if you thought the M760 is too mid centric. 

Respect to Thread Starter .... This is how it should be ...pro or negative review are accepted ...key word is Preference .

Me like Awei ES10 too but me current fav is Tingo TG38S ..really diggin the sound ...but me still waiting for me MC5 ...lol

Aug 3, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #57 of 1,031

Thanks for adding my review once again :wink:
I'm still burning my M760 and I find these buds nicer every day. It seems that amped pink noise at high volume coupled with a little bass boost looks very good burning to unleash M760 capacities (like PK1 did). Currently enjoying bass from M760 (much less boombox like I said), I will give a full week or 2 before putting final judgment. Is seems that M760 have a fun touch like PK1 finally, and which is very good. There is still that "3D atmosphere" but that is M760 soundstage and own character, it should be accepted like this. Something strange I find, is that I’m the almost only one here on head-fi which is talking about exaggerated 3D live presentation from the Dasetn M760, I’m wondering if my pair is definitely normal or not then... strange.
I’m rating ES10 equal to M760 but not due to technicality, but more to my tastes, I prefer to listen a “2.1 system” than a “3D 8.1”, even if I’m losing some details in high frequency (the bad point of ES10) and some bit mediums. Otherwise, in term of technicality, I (of course) would rate M760 much better than ES10 :)
I don't think I want to give a try to MC5, I will wait my E100 pair for my next buds. I think you should give a try too, it's some dollars less than M760 and looks good, can't wait to try them!
Be sure that I will rate your poll once I will make my final Baldoor E100 (and M760 if it changed) reviews.

Respect to Thread Starter .... This is how it should be ...pro or negative review are accepted ...key word is Preference .

Exactly! :)

Aug 4, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #58 of 1,031
^I use my Awei ES10 everyday. I think they are great fun sounding buds.^ I liked them better than the Tingo TG38S. They have quite a bit of bass for their small size.

Overall sound, the MC5 are still my favorite. Though I plan on buying a pair of the M760 soon.

Aug 4, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #59 of 1,031
The TG-38s I received from Dasetn came in the black box with yellow letters. The sound definately does not suck. Well worth the price. I'd take the Aurvana Airs over them for the same price though. However I'd rather have 6+ pairs of the Tingos for the same price as the Creatives, since I'm going to break any pair of earbuds with 3-4 months of regular usage - which actually translates to 9-10 months since I switch buds/IEMs/cans in and out. Currently, I still have the  M3, TG-38s, and M760 in the bud rotation. The only reason why the M1 isn't on that list is because I broke my pair. I'll rotate others on that are mentioned in this and the parent thread, as soon as I buy them. . .that is unless the sound of them truly sucks.

Offensive terrible sound seems to be a quality control issue. The only way to be sure  is to pass the same pair around to everyone in the group: both ones claimed to be good and ones claimed to be offensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back