High-End Earbuds (VE, Blox, SHOZY etc) and Earbud Gear Discussion & Impressions Thread
Sep 24, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #241 of 1,031
  First post. After a while in head-fi, I decided to register. Recently got Tingo tg38s, dasetn M760 (red cable version) and yuin pk2-dyi.
In transit: dasetn mc5 and baldoor e100, I hope to make and post a review asap.

After a week using tingo and m760 I could say I prefer m760, more balanced sound, great soundstage. Tingo are awesome in lead and vocals but after 4 hours using it, my eardrums are not very happy.

Oh well, might as well offer a welcome if no one else is going to 
tongue.gif

Look forward to your review but also hoping you can take due time over it (certainly with more  patience and attention to detail than the guy whose post is above yours : should have said the MX980 and OMX980...) Those multi reviews sound like quite a lot of commitment.

Wondering if the 50% off special offer on the MC5 on the Dasetn site is about to end as indicated? 

Sep 24, 2014 at 7:19 AM Post #242 of 1,031
Not sure if I will keep the BE3 much longer, might have to sell them. I LOVE the sound, but they just don't want to fit in my ears. :frowning2:

Feel your pain. I guess the good thing at least is that it simplifies matters somewhat for you going forward; there are probably few high efficiency earbud upgrades available to you : perhaps genuine Yuin PK2/3 or Sunrise models? Is the price of the Yuin PK1 putting you off (wouldn't blame you) or maybe concern you'd need to upgrade amp too?

Did a comparison some time ago and found Sony MDR-E10LP, Sansa buds and some cheapo Panasonic models fitted well while Audio Technica CM700 and AKG K317 were too big and needed too much fiddling. I also found the Sennheiser MX 480 (I think) a bit bigger than I would like. Despite that I recently ordered a Blox BE3 and am hoping I don't suffer the same frustrations as you over the coming weeks; they're behaving OK for the first hour and like Smith am enjoying.

The packaging was somewhat smaller than I was expecting. 

Sep 24, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #243 of 1,031

Looks pretty interesting, any idea where I can find this kind of ear hook without the need to buy a new Soundmagic PL30 (~25 euros) please ?
I really want to give a try to this.
Did you tried BE3 with this system aswell ? how is it ?

Sorry for this late answer...
And, no, I didn't try earhooks with BE3. For one thing I don't need to since I have no positioning issue with those earbuds and for another the tail of their shell is too bulky to be inserted into a hook (even the biggest ones like those for Apple earpods) and stay in it afterwards.

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #244 of 1,031
  First post. After a while in head-fi, I decided to register. Recently got Tingo tg38s, dasetn M760 (red cable version) and yuin pk2-dyi.
In transit: dasetn mc5 and baldoor e100, I hope to make and post a review asap.

After a week using tingo and m760 I could say I prefer m760, more balanced sound, great soundstage. Tingo are awesome in lead and vocals but after 4 hours using it, my eardrums are not very happy.

Hi! I posted earlier in the thread but I don't think that anybody noticed it. Can I ask you to compare the earpiece sizes of the tingo tg38s and the yuin pk2? I have read on a couple reviews that the yuin pk series has small earpieces and are comfortable to have in your ear for long periods. Is the size of the tingo tg38s about the same size, smaller, or bigger?

Sep 25, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #246 of 1,031
Feel your pain. I guess the good thing at least is that it simplifies matters somewhat for you going forward; there are probably few high efficiency earbud upgrades available to you : perhaps genuine Yuin PK2/3 or Sunrise models?

Unfortunately I will be selling my Blox BE3. It just will not fit my tiny ears. I am very sad, I really thought this would be the last earbud I would ever buy. Maybe someday I will save up for a genuine Yuin PK1 or one of the Sunrise models, it might not sound as good as the cheaper BE3, but at least I know it will fit well.

~ Justin

Sep 25, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #247 of 1,031
Just received today my second Blox BE3 pair (in 10 days to france, like the first pair).
This time, the packaging arrived in perfect condition (not splashed like the first one).
I tried the second pair right out from box and compared it to my first properly burned : there is clearly a difference. Once burned, bass is much more immersive, present, precise and not shy anymore, mids are slightly less present due to burn, but gain clarity and technicality, same with highs which are slightly setback (but not so much) when not burned.
I will advice anyone to really give a try to my burning method (given few posts ago).

Quote:
Unfortunately I will be selling my Blox BE3. It just will not fit my tiny ears. I am very sad, I really thought this would be the last earbud I would ever buy. Maybe someday I will save up for a genuine Yuin PK1 or one of the Sunrise models, it might not sound as good as the cheaper BE3, but at least I know it will fit well.

~ Justin

Sad you have to sell this monster.
Don't you really want to give a try to earhoox systems before giving up?

Sep 25, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #248 of 1,031
Sad you have to sell this monster.
Don't you really want to give a try to earhoox systems before giving up?

Unfortunately, at this point I think I will just stick to the smaller diameter earbuds.

Chrisjackson, just quoted me and suggested the Sunrise Audio Earbuds. I had never heard of this brand before. The AS-Feeling Model looks very interesting, might have to give that one a try.

Sep 25, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #249 of 1,031
Must say I was pleased when goldenSHK started this new thread and continues to put so much into it. Was never very convinced by the idea of the poll though (not so sure he is either?) 

I wonder if it would be possible yet to try to summarise most of the findings in all those reviews without producing something very distorted? Info about the relative sizes of the buds would be useful probably even more important than price (stuck record). Info about amping requirements : Sansa Clip/iPod/dedicated amp. Of course some indication of what sort of sound. I see the Tingo Croons TG38S is still up in the poll but that doesn't really show how galvanising it seems to be or why. Actually a bit embarrassed by the suggestion 'cos realise it probably is quite an undertaking...

As regards comparing sound quality, I wondered whether anything could be used as a standard for reference for buds; I thought maybe the Koss KSC75 'cos it's cheap, won't have the fit issues of buds (and probably 'cos I've got one and earlier noticed it in Justin's profile). Not sure that idea would work?

Does anyone think Apple earpods should feature here? I didn't read a lot of it but see they have a pretty active appreciation thread here.

Incidentally I converted to full foam covers on my AKG K317 after seeing how much detritus got inside them after using donuts (it was made easier at the time by my deciding I wouldn't mind the treble being toned down a bit after all). Having said that I can't confirm how effective they are at keeping the innards clean since at the same time I discovered a glue that has effectively kept them in one piece ever since. Gotta be some help though.

Sep 25, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #250 of 1,031
Oh, and just to make sure someone mentioned it, the Marshall Minor to me sounds closed in compared to other earbuds I've tried. The bass line disappears if there's much else going on, and even the treble feels veiled. But I do have allergies and that could be affecting my hearing. Either way, to me the earbells trounce the minors, as do the tg38s and diy pk2.

Sep 27, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #251 of 1,031
I got my Sony E0921's in the mail today. Still waiting for most of the Chinese makers to do what Sony used to as far as producing a smaller bud with a shape based on real human ears :)

Doubt any body would find these too big for them. Long tapering  stems for a stable fit, the two vents(one slit/one hole) in the second pic, third pic shows the small area perforated out of the front for sound to come through. Otherwise a solid front outside of the two little center holes and the few rows more towards the front that make a bit of a smiley face. Only just started to listen  to them but they are pretty true sounding. No EQ just flat and go enough bass and treble and mids aren't recessed. These need foams for me or they fit too loose since they are such a slim profile as seen in the first pic.

They are on ebay for under $10 shipped from both China and Japan. I bought a pair of the short cord from the Japanese seller for $7.99. They come in long and short cord version but both are J-cord since they are a modded E931 for packing with a Sony phone. That people may not like. Also they come with zero accs. so no foams or case or extension if you get a short cord.

Have to compare after some run in but it looks like they will be worthy of putting with the phones listed in the poll.

Update: These are what I hoped the BE5 would be. Great treble, but where the BE5 mids and bass let me down, the Sony don't. Excellent bass and lovely clean up front mids. I have heard Fostex drivers before(Fontopia earbuds have them) and these sound like them. Happy I decided to buy these over trying the BE3.

Sep 30, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #252 of 1,031
Something looks a bit weird to me to my second Blox BE3 pair. They do not sound the exact same as my first pair, yet they don't have the same hours of burning as my first one but almost and it still does not sound the same which worries me a bit.
Overall signature looks the exact same, soundstage looks almost the same (slightly larger in my first pair), mids looks a bit higher in my second pair, bass still doesn't punch like my first, and highs looks not as detailed as my first also. I have less this impression of "High fidelity" sensation that my first pair does to me.
I hope Blox correctly sended to me a BE3 pair and not a BE5/7 one instead since they have the same body/cable/plug.

I will wait patiently 1 full week of burning more before writing a little conclusion and add it to my review.
Stay tuned!

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:42 AM Post #253 of 1,031
Received my Blox B3 and also my mrice E100.
They both sound very good IMHO. I love the soundstage. Just realized that Mrice has to be wear not as conventional earbud with the foam straight into your ear but 90 degree angled with the nozzle into the ear.Much more comfortable and they don't fall anymore.

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #254 of 1,031
 Just realized that Mrice has to be wear not as conventional earbud with the foam straight into your ear but 90 degree angled with the nozzle into the ear.Much more comfortable and they don't fall anymore.

May you post a quick photo to show us how your position works please ? looks interesting,
Thanks in advance.

Oct 2, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #255 of 1,031
Ok, well I just officially sold my Blox BE3. Sad. As I have stated a few times, it was just too big for my little ears.

Now I am on the look out for my next pair of earbuds. Looking for something smaller like the Dasetn PK3 DIY or Awei ES10.

A few people have mentioned the Sunrise Audio. I am looking into the: AS-Feeling II. Anyone else have thoughts on this earbud?

Any other earbuds to suggest in that size and less than $30?

Thanks,

~ Justin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back