High End Cables Thread (digital, analog, power)
May 22, 2024 at 11:59 AM Post #887 of 928
Hi All,
@Roasty what power cord do you use to power your lab12 gordian? I am considering a Gordian
@RobertSM do you have any experience with Shunyata Theta ethernet cable?

(at the moment) I have a Sablon connected from my modem to router.
Recently upgraded my internet so I'm thinking getting an additional ethernet cord to play with. I currently use an SOTM (bundled) cord😅🤣

No I don't have any experience with the new Theta line from Shunyata. I do own a Delta XC that goes from wall into my power conditioner. When I spoke with Scott last Sept or Oct at Shunyata he was saying that the Delta line would be retired for the Theta line. He said the new Theta line was a improvement from Delta. He quoted me the difference between the two. It wasn't huge but it was a few dBs better. I got the Delta XC at a very very good price so I was happy. But in the bigger picture a few dB here and a few dB there adds up.

I'd at least look into the Theta knowing it's an improvement from the Delta. And the Delta was great. So I don't think you could go wrong.

May 22, 2024 at 5:36 PM Post #888 of 928
May 22, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #889 of 928
May 25, 2024 at 6:22 AM Post #891 of 928
May 25, 2024 at 6:31 AM Post #893 of 928
Does anyone have any recommendations for headphone cables?

Arctic Cables is one of my favourites. both for the product and the customer service.

Norne is good too, but like u said, it's tough with the communication as well as the wait. Trevor is a good guy tho.

May 25, 2024 at 6:37 AM Post #894 of 928
Arctic Cables is one of my favourites. both for the product and the customer service.

Norne is good too, but like u said, it's tough with the communication as well as the wait. Trevor is a good guy tho.
Yeah I don't doubt he's a good guy. I was trying to inquire about cables 2 times but both times the talks just stalled.

What makes Arctic Cables one of your favorites?

May 25, 2024 at 6:37 AM Post #895 of 928
I've tried to order Norne but found the cable maker to be not very communicative. And that made it very hard to me to even order a cable. What do you think of Skedra?
That's the downside of being the best. Serious demand, and he is still a one man show.

Some patience is required, but the results are outstanding

May 25, 2024 at 6:42 AM Post #897 of 928
Hahaha yes perhaps it is! What is your favorite cable from Norne?
Silvergarde S4 8-wire.

I haven't heard the new stuff like Silvergarde S5 8-wire yet

Last edited:
May 25, 2024 at 6:46 AM Post #899 of 928
What makes Arctic Cables one of your favorites?

they recommend based on your needs and don't up sell. they can do custom stuff too, and communication is great.

May 25, 2024 at 6:47 AM Post #900 of 928

Users who are viewing this thread

Back