High End Bluetooth Headphones
Oct 6, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #436 of 894
Hi, Turbobb, 
The revised STANCE S1 is going to be on display at CanJam in Denver this weekend.

Jude LOVED them :)
You can hear his comments at 19:25 in the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQlvjqQnzME&feature=youtu.be

Look forward to seeing all of you in Denver, hopefully.
You HAVE to see, feel, wear, and HEAR these revised headphones. 
They are going to blow you away!!!!

All the best,
Mike Johnson
Pendulumic

Oct 7, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #437 of 894

No worries. Glad I was able to help you decide. Let us know what you think about them once they arrive.

Glad to help. Just sharing my opinion, that's all. :)

Thanks again to you both. Sure, but your opinions / reports were extremely handy for me as I was unable to test any of the nice BT headphones due to limited supply options locally.

Wow! These Mk2's sound sensational, I absolutely love them. I am definitely hearing extra sounds in my favourite songs that I don't hear on a stereo. Plenty of bottom end, I wouldn't want any more. Everything sounds really big. The headphones pair easily with my iPad, iPhone and also with my Toshiba PC. Controls are easy to use and get the hang of. The build quality feels nice and the vegetarian friendly ear cups are super soft. They feel very comfortable to wear in the short time I have tested them (60 mins or so at the time of writing this post). I know they are not noise cancelling but they do a great job at blocking out external noise when listening to music, I can't hear anything else in my testing - and I can hardly hear my voice when singing along. Its so fun dancing and jumping around the house without cables - thank you Mr Bluetooth. They are presented in very sexy packaging. The carry pouch is a nice touch although it seems slightly too small as I can't do the drawstring up enough to fully close the pouch - who cares when they sound and feel this good. I haven't tested the microphone yet, and probably never will. I haven't been able to try the NFC yet but look forward to doing that when I have access to a device with NFC. I am really happy with these - yewww.

I do not have an AptX BT transmitter that works with my A/V setup so I cannot comment on that. Although, I've been looking. I've found that the price range for those are around $35 on Amazon USA. I'll probably pick one up soon and report back.

No worries, thanks for confirming. Thats a good price, please let me know what you think when you buy a transmitter - I will do the same. I have shortlisted the Avantree Priva, closely followed by the Avantree Saturn Pro (which is a 2-in-1 transmitter and receiver), which are a bit more expensive ($70 USD) - possibly a cheaper transmitter would work just as well?

Oct 12, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #438 of 894
Are the revised S1 the ones being sold in stores or Amazon?

Hi, Turbobb, 
The revised STANCE S1 is going to be on display at CanJam in Denver this weekend.

Jude LOVED them :)
You can hear his comments at 19:25 in the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQlvjqQnzME&feature=youtu.be

Look forward to seeing all of you in Denver, hopefully.
You HAVE to see, feel, wear, and HEAR these revised headphones. 
They are going to blow you away!!!!

All the best,
Mike Johnson
Pendulumic

Oct 18, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #439 of 894
Are the revised S1 the ones being sold in stores or Amazon?

No, according to Mike they will be listed as S1+. Last update I heard from him a couple days ago was that they were waiting to clear customs and should be available in about another week.
I am waiting to place my order for the S1+.

Jeff

Oct 19, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #441 of 894

Thanks again to you both. Sure, but your opinions / reports were extremely handy for me as I was unable to test any of the nice BT headphones due to limited supply options locally.

Wow! These Mk2's sound sensational, I absolutely love them. I am definitely hearing extra sounds in my favourite songs that I don't hear on a stereo. Plenty of bottom end, I wouldn't want any more. Everything sounds really big. The headphones pair easily with my iPad, iPhone and also with my Toshiba PC. Controls are easy to use and get the hang of. The build quality feels nice and the vegetarian friendly ear cups are super soft. They feel very comfortable to wear in the short time I have tested them (60 mins or so at the time of writing this post). I know they are not noise cancelling but they do a great job at blocking out external noise when listening to music, I can't hear anything else in my testing - and I can hardly hear my voice when singing along. Its so fun dancing and jumping around the house without cables - thank you Mr Bluetooth. They are presented in very sexy packaging. The carry pouch is a nice touch although it seems slightly too small as I can't do the drawstring up enough to fully close the pouch - who cares when they sound and feel this good. I haven't tested the microphone yet, and probably never will. I haven't been able to try the NFC yet but look forward to doing that when I have access to a device with NFC. I am really happy with these - yewww.

No worries, thanks for confirming. Thats a good price, please let me know what you think when you buy a transmitter - I will do the same. I have shortlisted the Avantree Priva, closely followed by the Avantree Saturn Pro (which is a 2-in-1 transmitter and receiver), which are a bit more expensive ($70 USD) - possibly a cheaper transmitter would work just as well?

Very glad to hear the news! I'm constantly listening to my MK2's. At work and at home. I have them on now! LOL

I'm extremely impressed with the battery endurance. I've charged only 3 times since owning them and I listen to them constantly!

As for the BT devices, both Avantree's have good reviews and the specs sound right on. I almost bought the Saturn Pro a while back. I think the Priva might be better suited for TV purposes.

I have an old Sony TX/RX switchable BT device (non AptX and terrible performance, but it's an old BT 1.0 device) and the one thing that bothers me is how it doesn't stay in place! I just can't bring myself to using glue or velcro on it. So, the Priva's magnetic plate sounds interesting to me because you can cleanly mount the plate but still easily take the device with you for use elsewhere (and as such the battery kicks in).

The dual device function of the Priva sounds neat. You could have a second pair of headphones paired and ready to go for another person, or maybe just because you want to switch between cans! haha

The only thing the Saturn Pro has over the Priva is the TX/RX function. It's a double-edged sword, though. The TX/RX is switchable, but the same 3.5 mm stereo audio port is used for Input and Output. That means you'd need two cables running to the Saturn Pro and disconnect/connect cables as you switch modes. I learned this from using my own switchable Sony BT device. But, isn't convenience a huge consideration of BT?

I've learned it's just better to have two BT devices. One BT device that's permanently plugged in from the TV OUTPUT and paired with your BT headphones, and a second BT device that's permanently hooked in to an A/V Receiver's INPUT and paired with your BT audio device (smartphone?).

Oct 20, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #442 of 894
I'm wondering about the AF62's sound quality.

I currently have some old Sennheiser HD457's that I've had close to ten years, they've never really sounded that great but they were good enough as I didn't use them much. However my living arrangement has changed so I have to use headphones a lot more often and I can't blast my Diamond 9.2's all day/night.

A friend of mine has some Sennheiser 439's and I thought they sounded pretty good, at least good enough for most music.
How would the AF62's compare? They would mostly be used with a PC and a aptX compatible bluetooth adapter for all types for music (electronic, ambient, rock, metal, classical, etc).

Oct 22, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #444 of 894
  Very glad to hear the news! I'm constantly listening to my MK2's. At work and at home. I have them on now! LOL

I'm extremely impressed with the battery endurance. I've charged only 3 times since owning them and I listen to them constantly!

As for the BT devices, both Avantree's have good reviews and the specs sound right on. I almost bought the Saturn Pro a while back. I think the Priva might be better suited for TV purposes.

I have an old Sony TX/RX switchable BT device (non AptX and terrible performance, but it's an old BT 1.0 device) and the one thing that bothers me is how it doesn't stay in place! I just can't bring myself to using glue or velcro on it. So, the Priva's magnetic plate sounds interesting to me because you can cleanly mount the plate but still easily take the device with you for use elsewhere (and as such the battery kicks in).

The dual device function of the Priva sounds neat. You could have a second pair of headphones paired and ready to go for another person, or maybe just because you want to switch between cans! haha

The only thing the Saturn Pro has over the Priva is the TX/RX function. It's a double-edged sword, though. The TX/RX is switchable, but the same 3.5 mm stereo audio port is used for Input and Output. That means you'd need two cables running to the Saturn Pro and disconnect/connect cables as you switch modes. I learned this from using my own switchable Sony BT device. But, isn't convenience a huge consideration of BT?

I've learned it's just better to have two BT devices. One BT device that's permanently plugged in from the TV OUTPUT and paired with your BT headphones, and a second BT device that's permanently hooked in to an A/V Receiver's INPUT and paired with your BT audio device (smartphone?).

Thanks for your input on this @ObsidianGT.

How comfy are the MK2's!

I think I will go the Priva given it is purely for TV / Movie / PS3 purposes. I agree, the magnetic base sounds a nice feature and I have no need for receiver (RX) mode. I will report back when I have received and tested the Priva. Cheers mate.

Oct 22, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #445 of 894
  Thanks for your input on this @ObsidianGT.

How comfy are the MK2's!

I think I will go the Priva given it is purely for TV / Movie / PS3 purposes. I agree, the magnetic base sounds a nice feature and I have no need for receiver (RX) mode. I will report back when I have received and tested the Priva. Cheers mate.

SUPER COMFORTABLE. I said this earlier, but like satin hotel pillows against your ears. Unbelievable.

Oct 22, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #446 of 894

Another MK2 user!! Great... :
wink.gif

I think the Sony MDR 1RBMK2 at the price point I paid, are the best BT out there, and they really give up the goods. Only one small complaint I have about my MK2s, and that is, in the gym, when I do EXTREME ab exercises, they don't stay put. I got around that by getting the Harman Kardon BT and I  use them in the gym.. The Harman Kardon and the Sony BT, both support APT X,  Again, at the price points I got both of these headphones, IMO, they are super winners...

Oct 22, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #447 of 894
n00b2, I have been off in the Smartphone Wars and haven't been keeping up on the Headphone action. By now, you have made your choice I am sure.. What BT headphone did you finally chose???? 
wink.gif

Oct 24, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #449 of 894
Ended up ordering the AF62's and I just got them.. Currently using them with my PC in passive mode, and using the headphone out on my receiver.

Pretty impressed overall, a little bass heavy initially, but after EQing them I am surprised how full the lows sound, not too boomy and pretty balanced, detail is quite good as well. They completely blow my HD457's out of the water (as expected). :D

The quality is quite good with my phone (with AptX), waiting for the USB adapter for my PC.

Quality is much better on my PC in passive mode compared to the phone, but I will see how the new adapter sounds in comparison.

Pretty satisfied for $80, but the ear pads are a little small.. I will probably try some velor Brainwav pads.

Oct 27, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #450 of 894
Has anyone gotten AptX to work on a PC with the AF62's? I got my Azio BTD-V401 adapter in but when I connect there is no AptX popup indicating that it is in use. :confused_face_2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back