High End Bluetooth Headphones
Apr 25, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #166 of 894

Hi, n00b2,
Pendulumic are making these minor, but important, changes to the STANCE S1 as we speak.
As for the MOTION M1, we are considering discontinuing that model, but that decision has not been reached, just being considered.
Our thinking goes along these lines...
STANCE S1 is in the market, and is our top-of-the-line "over ear" product.
We are currently working on an "on ear" product, that has a couple of truly unique features that I can't tell you about just yet, but when I can, Head-fi members will be the first to know :) !
(We have a couple of things up our sleeves that we think you are going to love!)
Stay tuned...
Mike

Mike, two questions..
When will the updated STANCE S1 be available?

Will you send a Head-Fier one to evaulate?

Apr 25, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #167 of 894
n00b2, will try to see if k850bt are available at BestBuy.. I just found out after all the times I been in BestBuy, that they have a special room with more high end headphones.. I know they have the K845 back there, will see if they have this one..

My quest to get the AKG K550 has fell through, along with a bad experience with Harman Kardon..I had ordered the AKG K550 from Harman Kardon (refurbished) for $129.95..on the 17th of April. Harman Kardon states, that they will not charge your card until they ship.. Make a long story short, as soon as I placed the order on the 17th, Harman Kardon put an authorization on my credit card for $129.95.. Three days later on the 20th, they charged my card for $129.95. Still no shipping info sent to me. I waited until the 23rd, and called. The agent researched and came back and told me that the item was BACKORDERED!!

How could Harman Kardon charged my card without shipping the item, and in this case, didn't even have the item!!!

Anyway, the agent understood that mistake was on their part, and told me he would send me a new AKG K550 for the same price. I agreed, and accepted. However, he came back 5 mins later, and told me his supervisor would call me. Talking to his supervisor, I was told I could get the new AKG K550 for $169.95, a cool $40 more. I told him I wasn't interested, because all the mistakes was on Harman Kardon's side. He wouldn't budge, I told them to give me a refund.

I am ordering the AKG Q701 black off Amazon for $199.99 brand new. 

BTW, I think that was lousy customer service. I never asked for the offer of new phones, it was offered to me by the agent. Then the supervisor came and took it back. IMO, that kind of customer service stinks, and I have been praising them in the past..

Can't win them all.. 
wink.gif

Apr 25, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #168 of 894
I assume you have a best buy with magnolia in it? Mine does as well I have never checked what they've got though

Its bad though I've got credit card there so if I see something I like...

Apr 25, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #169 of 894
Mike (from Pendulumic) was very helpful yesterday helping me get my S1s returned to them. Had a 10 minute call with him in the morning and the S1s were headed back to them by noon that day.

Am very interested to hear impressions about the newer revision as it sounds like they will have a fixed a few of the problems I have with build quality.

I will say that I was pleasantly surprised by the sound of the S1s, and that at the price point I'm sure they perform the same if not better than the other stuff out there. Pairing and getting them to use aptX was super easy, and there wasn't a massive difference versus the Etymotic IEMs I'm replacing. Great to use all day at the desk at work. I'm sure they would have gotten even better with some burn in too!

I'll miss having bluetooth cans for the next couple of days while I wait for my MDR-10RBTs.

Will be keeping my eye on Pendulumic as they continue to improve on the S1s.

Apr 26, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #170 of 894
@cehowardNote3 Yeh that is pretty bad service. Taking back an offer after offering it. Agent should have checked first to see what he could do rather than offer straight up then take it back when his boss wouldn't let him. Still thats better service then what HK give me here. Never responded to my emails, or the emails sent by their agent on my behalf. Don't even have a contact number either. I checked best buy website and it shows they have k845bt on their website. Doesn't say its at magnolia though so they may not be set up there.

Apr 26, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #171 of 894
  @cehowardNote3 Yeh that is pretty bad service. Taking back an offer after offering it. Agent should have checked first to see what he could do rather than offer straight up then take it back when his boss wouldn't let him. Still thats better service then what HK give me here. Never responded to my emails, or the emails sent by their agent on my behalf. Don't even have a contact number either. I checked best buy website and it shows they have k845bt on their website. Doesn't say its at magnolia though so they may not be set up there.

Well, I had some bad luck on this end, and I am back to square one, and will be going back to get the Harman Kardon BTs, and most likely the Sony MDR 1RBTMK2.
To make a long story short, my ragged not worth a $100 mini-van was stolen yesterday, right from under my nose, while I was talking with a coworker at their house in broad daylight!!! Just so happen, I had both the Sony MK2, the HarmanKardon BT, my Samsung Note 10.1 2014, and all supporting hardware, flash drives, workout clothes all in the van..
mad.gif

So, right now, I have no headphones, except my Motorola S11 Flex HD. 
mad.gif

Even with the bad customer service, I will be getting the Harman Karman BT again. For $97 and the performance they give up along with bluetooth,aptx, I have to get those.  Almost sure I am going to Accessory Jack, and getting another pair of Sony MDR 1RBTMK2.. These two headphones have proven themselves to me.. Per my bad customer service bit with Harman Kardon, it seems they NEVER had the AKG K550 refurbished in stock, but they were advertising them as if they were in stock.. They have removed the AGK K550 off their site. 
IMO, that was a deal at $129.95, but not at $239, so, I am passing on them. The move on the Stance is to wait for the upgraded model, and see what gives on that.. 

j  

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #172 of 894
Im after a pair of decent BT headphones and the Stance S1 esp the newer version with the revisions would seem to suit my needs also like the look of the MEElectronics AF62 but reviews seem mixed. Dont like the look of either of the Sony or Harmon Kardon.

@mikesjc will the Stance S1 be avaliable to buy in the UK, i know i can get them shipped here but will get charged vat on top which is another £28/$47 on top of the price.

Also like the sound of on ear as well is there even a rough idea when they would be avaliable?

Apr 26, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #174 of 894
@cehowardNote3 Sorry to hear about that. I've noticed that these sort of things always seem to happen on days when you've packed all valuables into the car and never on the days when it is empty. Really hope they catch the guys who did it and find your car in one piece and not burnt down with all the goods still there. Perhaps it wasn't worth $100 but it's better than having no car.

Apr 26, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #175 of 894
Im after a pair of decent BT headphones and the Stance S1 esp the newer version with the revisions would seem to suit my needs also like the look of the MEElectronics AF62 but reviews seem mixed. Dont like the look of either of the Sony or Harmon Kardon.

@mikesjc will the Stance S1 be avaliable to buy in the UK, i know i can get them shipped here but will get charged vat on top which is another £28/$47 on top of the price.

Also like the sound of on ear as well is there even a rough idea when they would be avaliable?

I am with you that look bit. if something doesn't appeal to my eye, don't care how it performs, I ain't with it.. 
wink.gif

For me, the Harman Kardon BT, and the Sony MDR 1RBTMK2, look good, and perform good to me..The Harman Kardon BT is my out and about, rough it headphones. Also in the gym, whereas, the Sony will be my laid back phones..At work I used both. The day they got stolen, I was experimenting with Flac files with both headphones, otherwise, I would only had one with me. 
redface.gif

Apr 26, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #176 of 894
  @cehowardNote3 Sorry to hear about that. I've noticed that these sort of things always seem to happen on days when you've packed all valuables into the car and never on the days when it is empty. Really hope they catch the guys who did it and find your car in one piece and not burnt down with all the goods still there. Perhaps it wasn't worth $100 but it's better than having no car.

Yeah, that was a tough one, and I still don't believe the thieves could be so bold.. If the van was 5 feet back, it would have been in full view from where I was sitting in the living room. For somebody to break into a car in broad daylight, on a hope de go, they have to be crazy. If somebody caught them, they could have been shot, and prison time, and for what? If I had took those items in with me, say to show to my friend, nothing would have been in the van, except my  workout and motorcycle gloves. 

Anyway, be that as it may, I will take that as a learning bit..My daggone Fiio E18, came today, and no headphones to hook them too...
frown.gif
 Anyway, I am looking into seeing if I can claim the loss on my homeowners insurance. In the meantime, I didn't waste anytime. I just got through ordering another set of Harman Kardon BTs for $97,  and the Sony MDR 1RBTMK2 from AccessoryJack for $304 + $25 for shipping..They are selling the MK2s on Ebay upward of $450+, I see one seller selling them for $540.. Go figure..

Apr 28, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #177 of 894
So, I've got a pair of MDR-10RBTs I'm testing out now. 

@cehowardNote3 - what was your experience for the bass on the 10RBTs vs the 1RBTmk2s? I find the 10RBTs to be much more bass heavy than I am used to, although I imagine this gets better with use as I notice less or they get burned in.

Apr 28, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #178 of 894
Nice sale on Amazon on the AF62s today - $80.

Going to pick up a pair of those as well so I can test against the MDR-10RBT and see which I like better.

Don't love the carbon fiber look of the AF62s but the price is nice and from what I've read they would be less bass heavy than these. @turbobb has them as the favourite in the other writeup that has been linked.

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #179 of 894
  So, I've got a pair of MDR-10RBTs I'm testing out now. 

@cehowardNote3 - what was your experience for the bass on the 10RBTs vs the 1RBTmk2s? I find the 10RBTs to be much more bass heavy than I am used to, although I imagine this gets better with use as I notice less or they get burned in.

My experience was that everything on the 1RBTMK2 was better than the 10RBT, BUT, and that is a big BUT too, I paid $150 for the 10RBT, and $310 for the 1RBTMK2.  So, the comparison should acknowledge that we are dealing with something twice the price..The difference was very noticeable, all  around. I let one of my co workers who is a gamer, audition the Harman Kardon BTs and the Sony 10RBT. He said they both sound good to him, but if had to pick, the Sony was the more smoother one. Then I let that same coworker audition the MK2s..and it was real funny what he came back and said. He said, in referring to the Harman Kardon BTs, and the 10RBT, "I have been listening to BS".. In other words, the MK2s, elevates itself in all areas over the 10RBT and HK BT.

Yes, both of them get better with burn in..BTW, I ordered my 2nd pair of MK2s from AccessoryJack on Saturday, daggone if he didn't send me email that they were shipped out first thing Monday morning. Plus, I ordered a 2nd pair of the Harman Kardon BT for $97... IMO these two at those prices are super.

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #180 of 894
  Nice sale on Amazon on the AF62s today - $80.

Going to pick up a pair of those as well so I can test against the MDR-10RBT and see which I like better.

Don't love the carbon fiber look of the AF62s but the price is nice and from what I've read they would be less bass heavy than these. @turbobb has them as the favourite in the other writeup that has been linked.

Ha, this is going to be good.. 
beyersmile.png

The AF62s are on-ear, whereas, the 10RBT is over ear.. Anyway, my bet is the 10RBT, blows them away.. However, without even auditioning them, I give the AF62s a lot of credit for including aptx. I have said all along, any bluetooth headphones coming out in this day and age, must have the aptx coding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back