High End Bluetooth Headphones
Apr 23, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #151 of 894
Shoulda checked that.

Ah well, when you get the 10RBTs, let us know your thoughts on them, I'm very doubtful I'd switch to another pair of Bluetooth headphones, but still interesting to see what's out there

Apr 23, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #152 of 894
  I think that's the biggest issue really, is if you do need to contact them, it's a bit slow

If you're confident in the headphones themselves, they're definitely nice, I've not heard any other bluetooth headphones, but they're, imo, worth the asking price. They do need a bit of EQ to sound their best imo, unless you like a very mid centered and relaxed highs/bass headphone

But yeah, the contact is a bit slow

Looking up the 10RBT and the MK2, I noticed the 10RBT support aptx bujt the MK2 don't? Or does it just not list it but they do?

Even if it's just for easier customer support and stuff, it may be worth the extra amount for some people

That said, I'll be keeping my S1's for sure, just gotta EQ them when used, but that's something I can deal with

The Sony MDR  1RBTMK2 does support aptx.. The Sony MDR 1RBT does not support aptx, and the Sony MDR 10RBT supports aptx, and all three support Hi Res Audio when wired.

Apr 23, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #153 of 894
  For anybody still on the fence on the S1s, I'd really recommend you put your money elsewhere. While they're good sounding cans, I'd be seriously worried about getting any support if anything ever goes wrong with them.

I reached out to them 24 hrs ago to start an RMA and have heard nothing back from them, via the official contact form and on twitter.

From reading the short feedback on the S1s, they seem to be right in the $150 to  $200 class headphones.. They should be right there with the Sony 10RBT and the Harman Kardon BT.. However, the Sony and the Harman Kardon got super customer support and hassle free return polices.. I know, because I had both the Sony and my 1st Harman Kardon..I returned the Harman Kardon BT, for another unit, because I thought the wire was too long. They shipped a mailer for me to return, and shipped me another unit.. The  Sony, was just a quick trip to BestBuy.

Now, on my Sony MK2s, I knew that a quick return would not be possible. I would require me getting an RMA, and then at my expense pay shipping.. However, I knew all that before I purchased them.. 
From what I read on the S1s return policy, you send them an email and explain the problem, and they will get back to you within 5 days.. That is not exactly a great return policy..

Hope everything works out...

Apr 23, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #154 of 894
Hello, all you Head-fi'ers!
Mike Johnson, here...
First of all, PLEASE accept my apologies for not chiming in earlier.
With a new company launching a new product, I have not been at my best staying current on this forum.
Soooo, here are the answers to your posted questions...
~~Here are some additional q’s we have on head-fi:
1. Do the M1 and S1 use the same drivers? Also is this the same driver as Sennheiser’s Momentum?
A: Yes, M1 and S1 uses the same drivers. However, the wireless bluetooth DSP is tuned slightly differently on both. M1 is tuned more for Bass (a dipping V shape) while S1 is more on the Clarity of the Mids for optimal studio-relevant performance. It utilizes a 40mm driver, like the Momentum, but all drivers are built differently and all good headphones have custom-built and engineered drivers which is unique to eacc product. This of course applies to the Stance S1 and presumably the Momentum.

2. Re: the 2 EQ levels on the M1, is there a third non-EQ’d mode so you can opt NOT to use the EQ or is the EQ on all the time?
A: The 3 EQ modes are: OFF, ON (neutral) and Bass Boost. Therefore, your question is answered. :)

3. In terms of headphones that you have owned/tested, which would you say the S1 and M1 most closely resemble in sound profile?
A: We are proud to say that the S1 and M1 are unique product propositions; each with its own Wireless and Wired sound profiles. In my personal opinion, S1's 'closest' sound profile wirelessly would be the UE9000 (MSRP:$399), while its wired (amped) sound profile is rather hard to be exactly matched to any headphones. We tuned the acoustics for the Optimal balance between studio precision and quality sound on-the go, which we believe there are not direct product comparison as yet.

4. What is your exact return policy?
a. Is there a restocking fee for non-defective items?
No, I don’t believe we would do that…
b. Where would one need to ship headphones for repairs and who pays for shipping?
Back to me in Southern California, and we are not paying for shipping, but we can discuss that...

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #155 of 894
Hello, everyone...
Wow, so much to cover.
First of all, I apologize PERSONALLY for not staying current with this thread.
Absolutely no one to blame but me...

As for customer service requests that have gone unattended, that is now fixed AS OF THIS VERY MOMENT :)
We figured out that the website was not sending copies of emails to me, and that has now been remedied.

Ok.
On to our STANCE S1.
We are SO grateful to be part of Head-fi, your community,and this forum.
We have heard your comments (the vast majority great, and a few constructive criticisms) and we have some exciting news!

Pendulumic are in the process of making some tweeks to the STANCE S1.
This new version will be available at T.H.E. Newport Beach show, where we will have product available to demo (and purchase, if so moved :)

The most important change is the EQ. We have heard from a few of you that you prefer less mids and a tad more bass. DONE.
(We still have the flat EQ in wired non-amp'ed, and of course, feel free to always use your own EQ app to personalize and customize the pattern to your liking)

For those of you that thought the tension on the head band was a tad tight. FIXED. We are relaxing the fit just a bit.
(If you have a set now, and want to release a bit of the tension, try fitting them over a box, and leave them on overnight or a couple of days. Should do the trick!)

For those of you with big ol' ears, and you prefer a slightly larger ear cup, DONE. We are going to increase the earcup size by 1/4 inch for sure, and maybe a skoosh more.

We had a reviewer that commented that the "feel" of the switches wasn't what they expected. We have fixed that problem with a new internal switch mechanism that eliminates the rattle noise and also provide a firmer and solid feel. Our sliding switches are in fact made from aluminum alloy instead of plastic (the switch materials for most other brands) to give a better feel. We hope you'll like the switch (pardon the pun)

Additionally, we were alerted from a customer that the cable provided to plug your headphone into your iPhone would not accommodate a phone in a case. We are remedying that as we speak. Our cable house is manufacturing a new cable that works with iPhones in cases. Anyone customer that has an old cable, and would like a replacement, please contact us through our website, and we will send you a new cable when they come in (on us :).

So look at what all of your feedback accomplished, Head-fi'ers! It's because of the level of audiophiles that you are, is the reason we took your recommendations so seriously. (And n00b2, I'll always pay attention to your posts and do my best to comment when asked, ok? Again, sorry, for being a bozo. It won't happen again.)

I'd like to thank Lite Kirby, turbobb, n00b2, cehowardNote3, and others for participating and commenting on our Pendulumic STANCE S1!

All the very best,
Mike Johnson
VP Sales US/Canada

Apr 24, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #157 of 894
  For anybody still on the fence on the S1s, I'd really recommend you put your money elsewhere. While they're good sounding cans, I'd be seriously worried about getting any support if anything ever goes wrong with them.

I reached out to them 24 hrs ago to start an RMA and have heard nothing back from them, via the official contact form and on twitter.

Cheers for the reply @mikesjc. I was hoping it was just start up problems that delayed your responses and now you've confirmed it.

birarda, it looks like Mike is going to take the bull by the horns and straighten everything out.. The upgrade version appears to cover a lot of small glitches in the first offering, and IMO, since you already gave them a go, might as well see what the upgraded version has to offer.

Well done on Mike's part too.

n00b2, I think it is time for you to make your choice.. I know you don't have all the options as far as price, auditioning, and return as most of us do. But, if you don't pick something soon, I am going to have to pick for you...
o2smile.gif

The upgraded S1, might be just the ticket.. Mike is comparing them to the UE9000, which IMO, are in a class above the Sony MDR 10RBT, and Harman Kardon BT.

Note to MIke. Would be a good idea to send a pair of the upgraded version to n00b2 and get his opinion on how they perform..and post up the results here.. 

Just a thought.. 
wink.gif

Apr 24, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #158 of 894

birarda, it looks like Mike is going to take the bull by the horns and straighten everything out.. The upgrade version appears to cover a lot of small glitches in the first offering, and IMO, since you already gave them a go, might as well see what the upgraded version has to offer.

Well done on Mike's part too.

n00b2, I think it is time for you to make your choice.. I know you don't have all the options as far as price, auditioning, and return as most of us do. But, if you don't pick something soon, I am going to have to pick for you...
o2smile.gif

The upgraded S1, might be just the ticket.. Mike is comparing them to the UE9000, which IMO, are in a class above the Sony MDR 10RBT, and Harman Kardon BT.

Note to MIke. Would be a good idea to send a pair of the upgraded version to n00b2 and get his opinion on how they perform..and post up the results here.. 

Just a thought.. 
wink.gif

Haha I certainly wouldn't complain if a pair was sent my way for review.
bigsmile_face.gif
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how the upgraded S1 performs compared to the current S1. As for my decision, AKG have informed me that they will most likely have the K845BT available for me to test out next week. That will give me a direct comparison to the MDR1RBT MKII as well as the other models that I have tried out. After that I guess i will make my decision if I can't find other models to test out elsewhere.

Apr 24, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #159 of 894
  Haha I certainly wouldn't complain if a pair was sent my way for review.
bigsmile_face.gif
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how the upgraded S1 performs compared to the current S1. As for my decision, AKG have informed me that they will most likely have the K845BT available for me to test out next week. That will give me a direct comparison to the MDR1RBT MKII as well as the other models that I have tried out. After that I guess i will make my decision if I can't find other models to test out elsewhere.

IMO, if they did that, they would be getting a top rated analysis of their product, I tell you that..
beerchug.gif

Did you get a chance to audition a fully operating MDR1RBMK2?, 

Because mine were great right from the start, and then after a week they got even better..My opinion it will take some headphones in the $450+ range to equal or beat the MK2s.. Just my opinion.. And for bluetooth, aptx is a factor and  getting to be a higher factor too. Even now, at work, I have been working with just a bluetooth dongle on my work computer, I ordered another bluetooth dongle, but this one has aptx.. Cost twice as much as the dongle without aptx. That should signal of what is coming down the line. Plus, I am dipping into llistening to Flac files.  That is another level. Ordered the Fiio E18 yesterday, and looking to get a boost with that..
My AKG K550 hasn't got here yet, it seems it is backordered, but the vendor took my money.  Thinking about changing to the AKG Q701.  For $200 new off Amazon, and $200 Refurbished from Harman Kardon.. Needless to say, if I try them, going for the Amazon..

Really looking forward to your review of the AKG K845BT too.. 

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #160 of 894
  Hello, everyone...
Wow, so much to cover.
First of all, I apologize PERSONALLY for not staying current with this thread.
Absolutely no one to blame but me...

As for customer service requests that have gone unattended, that is now fixed AS OF THIS VERY MOMENT :)
We figured out that the website was not sending copies of emails to me, and that has now been remedied.

Ok.
On to our STANCE S1.
We are SO grateful to be part of Head-fi, your community,and this forum.
We have heard your comments (the vast majority great, and a few constructive criticisms) and we have some exciting news!

Pendulumic are in the process of making some tweeks to the STANCE S1.
This new version will be available at T.H.E. Newport Beach show, where we will have product available to demo (and purchase, if so moved :)

The most important change is the EQ. We have heard from a few of you that you prefer less mids and a tad more bass. DONE.
(We still have the flat EQ in wired non-amp'ed, and of course, feel free to always use your own EQ app to personalize and customize the pattern to your liking)

For those of you that thought the tension on the head band was a tad tight. FIXED. We are relaxing the fit just a bit.
(If you have a set now, and want to release a bit of the tension, try fitting them over a box, and leave them on overnight or a couple of days. Should do the trick!)

For those of you with big ol' ears, and you prefer a slightly larger ear cup, DONE. We are going to increase the earcup size by 1/4 inch for sure, and maybe a skoosh more.

We had a reviewer that commented that the "feel" of the switches wasn't what they expected. We have fixed that problem with a new internal switch mechanism that eliminates the rattle noise and also provide a firmer and solid feel. Our sliding switches are in fact made from aluminum alloy instead of plastic (the switch materials for most other brands) to give a better feel. We hope you'll like the switch (pardon the pun)

Additionally, we were alerted from a customer that the cable provided to plug your headphone into your iPhone would not accommodate a phone in a case. We are remedying that as we speak. Our cable house is manufacturing a new cable that works with iPhones in cases. Anyone customer that has an old cable, and would like a replacement, please contact us through our website, and we will send you a new cable when they come in (on us :).

So look at what all of your feedback accomplished, Head-fi'ers! It's because of the level of audiophiles that you are, is the reason we took your recommendations so seriously. (And n00b2, I'll always pay attention to your posts and do my best to comment when asked, ok? Again, sorry, for being a bozo. It won't happen again.)

I'd like to thank Lite Kirby, turbobb, n00b2, cehowardNote3, and others for participating and commenting on our Pendulumic STANCE S1!

All the very best,
Mike Johnson
VP Sales US/Canada

Hello Mike!

Just a heads up, I still haven't heard anything back on my return request.

Apr 24, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #162 of 894
  Hi, Birarda,
I sent you a private message. Get back to me when you can.
All the best,
Mike

btw Mike I was wondering are the enhancements happening just to the stance headphones or also to the momentum ones? I suppose the sound signature isn't something you would tinker with as there have been no reviews on that model here but I imagine the earcups and rattling switch and cable issues would be the same on both?

Apr 24, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #163 of 894
  IMO, if they did that, they would be getting a top rated analysis of their product, I tell you that..
beerchug.gif

Did you get a chance to audition a fully operating MDR1RBMK2?, 

Because mine were great right from the start, and then after a week they got even better..My opinion it will take some headphones in the $450+ range to equal or beat the MK2s.. Just my opinion.. And for bluetooth, aptx is a factor and  getting to be a higher factor too. Even now, at work, I have been working with just a bluetooth dongle on my work computer, I ordered another bluetooth dongle, but this one has aptx.. Cost twice as much as the dongle without aptx. That should signal of what is coming down the line. Plus, I am dipping into llistening to Flac files.  That is another level. Ordered the Fiio E18 yesterday, and looking to get a boost with that..
My AKG K550 hasn't got here yet, it seems it is backordered, but the vendor took my money.  Thinking about changing to the AKG Q701.  For $200 new off Amazon, and $200 Refurbished from Harman Kardon.. Needless to say, if I try them, going for the Amazon..

Really looking forward to your review of the AKG K845BT too.. 

No I haven't gone to the second Sony Store yet. I was thinking of doing that around the same time as I go try out the AKG to get a better direct comparison. I'll let you know how they go once I try them out. I was also wondering, why don't you give the k850bt a go yourself? You have no issues regarding returns (don't know if best buy or someone would have them set up in store). I know you really like aptx but you already have 3 headphones with that capability. If you are looking at another set of headphones, no harm getting a bluetooth one without aptx if the sound is similar to the wired models you are looking at.

Apr 24, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #164 of 894
  btw Mike I was wondering are the enhancements happening just to the stance headphones or also to the momentum ones? I suppose the sound signature isn't something you would tinker with as there have been no reviews on that model here but I imagine the earcups and rattling switch and cable issues would be the same on both?

Hi, n00b2,
Pendulumic are making these minor, but important, changes to the STANCE S1 as we speak.
As for the MOTION M1, we are considering discontinuing that model, but that decision has not been reached, just being considered.
Our thinking goes along these lines...
STANCE S1 is in the market, and is our top-of-the-line "over ear" product.
We are currently working on an "on ear" product, that has a couple of truly unique features that I can't tell you about just yet, but when I can, Head-fi members will be the first to know :) !
(We have a couple of things up our sleeves that we think you are going to love!)
Stay tuned...
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back