High End Bluetooth Headphones
Apr 16, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #106 of 894
  Cool, I am leaning toward these are winners, their production and marketing team are a little slow, but I think they are going to have a great product. Yes, the MDR 10RBT for that $150 price, is a super deal. They are selling those upward of $270..

Yeah - given that it's impossible to say when, if ever, the MDR-10RBTs will come back on sale, I'll probably give the S1s a go first to see how they are and then pick up a set of the 10RBTs on sale if they come back up again. Then I could truly decide between the two and sell the one that doesn't work out.

Apr 16, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #107 of 894
n00b2, not bluetooth, but IMO a deal worth looking at..

The AKG 550-Z, going for $130 refurbished from Harman Kardon, free shipping and full manfa. warranty, along with 30 day free shipping exchange, with 30 buyer pays shipping for full refund..

http://www.harmanaudio.com/search_browse/product_detail.asp?urlMaterialNumber=K550-Z&status=

They got a couple long threads here on head fi on these too.. 

IMO, what makes them stand out, is the $130 price tag..

Apr 16, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #108 of 894
  n00b2, not bluetooth, but IMO a deal worth looking at..

The AKG 550-Z, going for $130 refurbished from Harman Kardon, free shipping and full manfa. warranty, along with 30 day free shipping exchange, with 30 buyer pays shipping for full refund..

http://www.harmanaudio.com/search_browse/product_detail.asp?urlMaterialNumber=K550-Z&status=

They got a couple long threads here on head fi on these too.. 

IMO, what makes them stand out, is the $130 price tag..

Not a bad deal. Looks basiclly the same as the AKG K845BT. I guess this is what they modelled those headphones on. Again would definitely consider it if I could actually get that deal here, or anything close to it...

Apr 16, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #109 of 894
  Yeah - given that it's impossible to say when, if ever, the MDR-10RBTs will come back on sale, I'll probably give the S1s a go first to see how they are and then pick up a set of the 10RBTs on sale if they come back up again. Then I could truly decide between the two and sell the one that doesn't work out.

Good to hear the Pendulumic have at least responded somewhere. Getting them on Monday seems really quick though, unless they meant Monday in one week.

Apr 16, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #110 of 894
Well, pulled the trigger on some STANCE S1's. Hoping I won't wish I had waited for the MDR-10RBTs instead. They've said they should be in my hands by next Monday, so I'll come back here for a writeup once I have em.

Hopefully mine get here around then too, 11 days since order placed and 9 since confirmation without any other info :/

Apr 16, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #111 of 894

Good to hear the Pendulumic have at least responded somewhere. Getting them on Monday seems really quick though, unless they meant Monday in one week.

Yeah - seems unlikely but they said "if purchased today, we will ship them tomorrow and you should have them by Monday!" so I assume that means this coming Monday.

Apr 16, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #112 of 894
I was finally contacted by Mike J. after following up from the silent treatment and he mentioned that my order was botched and that he'll pay extra to ship the headphones here by Monday. Hopefully that holds true.

He also mentioned he got the answers to my questions but didn't fwd it on. Hopefully he gets to that once he settles down.

Apr 16, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #113 of 894
I was finally contacted by Mike J. after following up from the silent treatment and he mentioned that my order was botched and that he'll pay extra to ship the headphones here by Monday. Hopefully that holds true.

He also mentioned he got the answers to my questions but didn't fwd it on. Hopefully he gets to that once he settles down.

I see. Looks like it was teething problems then and they are improving with service. Lets see if they keep these new promises.

Apr 17, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #116 of 894
I got an email telling me to call Mike, hopefully he replies soon

If they're shipped from Irvine, I'll tell him I'll drive there, I'm 10 minutes away and I don't mind the drive :p

Already waited this long, and if I can avoid shipping and delivery and all that stuff all the better. Don't even care if they cut the price or not, I already got 'em for $180 or whatever so yeah

Apr 18, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #118 of 894
Found somebody selling a set of MDR-1RBTMK2 locally for a pretty good price and now I'm really torn. Do I get the cans that will probably be better but not have a proper warranty given that they're only sold in Asia?

Apr 18, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #119 of 894
Found somebody selling a set of MDR-1RBTMK2 locally for a pretty good price and now I'm really torn. Do I get the cans that will probably be better but not have a proper warranty given that they're only sold in Asia?

That shouldn't be a problem. Ask the vendor their policy before hand, and you can even research the seller's rating before you purchase too.
I got my Sony MDR -1RBTMK2 from and overseas vendor, I researched the vendor and got a very clear explanation of how to return if the case arrives.
I got my MK2 BT for $309 +$25 shipping. Shipping took 9 days to my door.

Apr 18, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #120 of 894
That shouldn't be a problem. Ask the vendor their policy before hand, and you can even research the seller's rating before you purchase too.
I got my Sony MDR -1RBTMK2 from and overseas vendor, I researched the vendor and got a very clear explanation of how to return if the case arrives.
I got my MK2 BT for $309 +$25 shipping. Shipping took 9 days to my door.

Guess I should have been clearer - this is a guy who got them from Asia that is now selling them on craigslist. I guess I could ask him if he has the original receipt and then contact the vendor. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back