HifiMeDiy Sabre USB DAC stop work
Feb 5, 2014 at 8:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Mr Badass

New Head-Fier
Hi, my HifiMeDiy Sabre USB DAC not working i dont know why, but im sure that its not abaut my usb ports becouse everythink is okey with it. Dac just have no connection with computer, so its abaut DAC not computer or drivers. What can i do with it? how can i fix it?

Feb 11, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #2 of 3
Hi Badass - why don`t you just contact the supplier and ask for replacement?

I got two of those SABRE DAC - the async and the adaptive mode. Sounding is really great with both of them - not much difference. Both work now for > three month without problms - but I got mine from ebay.de. So may be it is more difficult to send back to HK, I don't know.

But I found, that much more influence in good sounding is the use of an USB isolator inbetween. Especially when using it with an amplifier - which has its own ground. This makes much more hearable (!) difference, than any adaptive or async mode.

Mar 6, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #3 of 3
I had the same problem with my new-ish Saber DAC. Finally solved it by running it off of a powered USB hub. My son actually suggested that, not the guys at HiFiMEDIY and it works perfectly now. Wouldn't work off of any of the  usb ports on my laptop and would only work off of ONE USB port on my son's desktop. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back