HIFIMAN's NEW Flagship IEM Svanar!
Mar 1, 2023 at 6:36 PM Post #17 of 28
Fang should be the first guy with the balls to ship headphones without cables at all. Everyone "upgrades" them anyway. Why bother?

You're really telling me people are using stock cables on $2000 IEMs?
Yeah, I am.

Many $2,000 IEMs come with a perfectly acceptable cable. Cables make a difference, but a good guage copper cable is generally all that is needed. This is a prestige, luxury item and optics matter. Not everyone who owns a Mercedes gets it with optionals, but they expect the trim level to match other comparable luxury cars. HiFiMan isn't meeting expectations on this. Something that sounds as good as their products tend to do should also look like it sounds good. We hear with our eyes too because listening is a psychoacoustic experience.

Mar 1, 2023 at 7:38 PM Post #18 of 28
Yeah, I am.

Many $2,000 IEMs come with a perfectly acceptable cable. Cables make a difference, but a good guage copper cable is generally all that is needed. This is a prestige, luxury item and optics matter. Not everyone who owns a Mercedes gets it with optionals, but they expect the trim level to match other comparable luxury cars. HiFiMan isn't meeting expectations on this. Something that sounds as good as their products tend to do should also look like it sounds good. We hear with our eyes too because listening is a psychoacoustic experience.
Trim level? Are we still talking about cables?

Mar 2, 2023 at 3:29 AM Post #19 of 28
Trim level? Are we still talking about cables?
It's called a metaphor. My 7 year old understands metaphors.

A Mercedes EQA should and does have a nicer interior than a Ford Ka. Just as the Svanar should have a nicer cable than a Linsoul. The Svanar does not.

Mar 2, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #20 of 28
It's called a metaphor. My 7 year old understands metaphors.

A Mercedes EQA should and does have a nicer interior than a Ford Ka. Just as the Svanar should have a nicer cable than a Linsoul. The Svanar does not.
Yep, not a good one for what we are discussing. A car interior would be akin to the... I dunno, the freaking IEM itself as opposed to the crap stock removable cable that -->nobody<-- would use anyway, no matter how good it was. I think HiFiMAN should follow its similarly insultingly priced colleague EA and simply omit the stock cable, since -->nobody's<-- sole IEM with be a $2000 HiFiMAN single DD banger. If you have a portable source that will make a 100db sensitivity/60 ohm IEM sing, you have cables that match your shoes.

Ironically, the original HiFiMAN HE-5 was a hobbled together mess... that came with a pure-silver cable.

Mar 13, 2023 at 2:44 AM Post #22 of 28
Thank you! Was looking for reasons not to buy these 🤣
Tried these for a bit.
Very warm sounding IEMs. Would have preferred more air and detail in the highs. But bass is heavy and hits hard.
Dunno if it’s worth the msrp though.

Mar 28, 2023 at 11:38 PM Post #24 of 28
Fang should be the first guy with the balls to ship headphones without cables at all. Everyone "upgrades" them anyway. Why bother?

You're really telling me people are using stock cables on $2000 IEMs?
there's one brand that does this too, Effect Audio, their Axiom ship without cable..haha

Aug 22, 2023 at 10:30 PM Post #26 of 28
@TeamHiFiMAN Can you show me where I can get a set of replacement tips for these? The Hifiman Japan online store does not seem to have them.

BTW, I love these IEMs :) The naturalness of the sound is what won me over. Your diss of balanced armature drivers in the Svanar manual is spot on I think.

Sep 1, 2023 at 2:43 AM Post #27 of 28
@TeamHiFiMAN Can you show me where I can get a set of replacement tips for these? The Hifiman Japan online store does not seem to have them.

BTW, I love these IEMs :) The naturalness of the sound is what won me over. Your diss of balanced armature drivers in the Svanar manual is spot on I think.
Hi there, sorry for the delay. Our support team in Japan can try to get some tips for you. Can you please kindly email us at info@hifiman.jp, with more of your detailed information? Thank you!

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Sep 1, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #28 of 28
Hi there, sorry for the delay. Our support team in Japan can try to get some tips for you. Can you please kindly email us at info@hifiman.jp, with more of your detailed information? Thank you!
Thank you very much! I sent an email.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back