HiFiMAN x AC Gears Retail Launch and Headphone Meet in NYC
Jul 3, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #46 of 48
Quote:

HiFiMan advised against it, since they had no amps capable of effectively driving it. 

I must say, if the manufacturer of a product can't demo it at a publicity event at a flagship store in a major global metropolitan city, what hope does little ol' me have?

/SCARED

Just because HiFiMan doesn't produce any amps that can specifically drive the HE-6 doesn't mean that those amps don't exist. They were demoing their products only. It would be bad form to bring a woo audio amp or Eddie current amp... (or any other manufacturer you can think of) that neither they or AC gears would sell.

Jul 3, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #47 of 48
Of course those amps exist - including the HiFiman EF-6.

My point was a simple one - the HE-6 has a reputation as being quite difficult to amp. The fact that HiFiMan could or would not demo it at a flagship event simply serves to reinforce that perception, whether it is well founded or not.

<insert recognizeable dry humor here>

Jul 3, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #48 of 48
Quote:
Of course those amps exist - including the HiFiman EF-6.

My point was a simple one - the HE-6 has a reputation as being quite difficult to amp. The fact that HiFiMan could or would not demo it at a flagship event simply serves to reinforce that perception, whether it is well founded or not.

<insert recognizeable dry humor here>

It is quite possible that they didn't have an EF-6 available to them at the time for the event. Or they couldn't bring the other components necessary. There are many possibilities. All I know is that from what has been said here, and from what I heard, it was HiFiMan that advised against it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back