HIFIMAN TWS600 Loaner Tour
Jul 24, 2019 at 4:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28
Here at HIFIMAN we want to try to give back to the community and it is with this goal in mind that are initiating the TWS600 True Wireless Hi-Fi Earphones Loaner Tour. In short, we are putting TWS600 in the hands of forum members of the community to experience HIFIMAN gear in the forum that matters most and thus is the most important community.

The HIFIMAN TWS600 True Wireless Hi-Fi Earphones offer a technological twist, Bluetooth that extends reception as far as 150 meters/490 feet, thanks to the company’s

Customization of a standard True Wireless chip. The improvements in RF reception result in a significantly lengthened signal range. In addition to the extensive reach of the Bluetooth transmission, the TWS600 features HIFIMAN’s Topology Diaphragm tech: each earbud’s diaphragm, which converts mechanical vibrations to sound, is covered with a Nano particle coating that contributes to greater sonic detail than is typically associated with True Wireless earphones.

Created by and for music lovers who demand the best imaginable sonics from their earphones, the TWS600 includes several ingredients that are unique to the brand. For example, the company’s Advanced Alloy Voice Coil maximizes vocal clarity and full-range sonic reproduction, while the Hi-tech Magnet ensures maximum sensitivity, which is critical for achieving the best possible sound from smartphones, tablets, and other low-voltage portable devices.

The TWS600 earphones provide 5.5 hours of playtime, with an additional 33 hours available from the portable charging case. Designed for active use, the TWS600 is IPX4-rated for resistance to sweat and dirt over hours of uninterrupted use. And, its ultra-low latency characteristics allow users to enjoy videos without audible delay.
20190724104645_92391.jpg

Interested? If so, please note that at the moment, the program is operating exclusively in United States. In the space below, please confirm that you want to borrow the headphone and fill your city and country (we will PM you for your full details.) Then in a line or two say why you would like to take part. Also, in return for being included in the program, we ask that you commit to posting your first impressions of the TWS600 when it arrives, with a more detailed assessment after you had a couple weeks to spend some quality time listening to your favorite music.

T&C’s

To take part you must be located in United States. We will select who takes part and in what order, we will inform prospective participants once they are next in line. This is to confirm they are available and allow us to ensure smooth handovers. Participants must also provide us with a photo of the item just before they pass it onward so that we can confirm its good condition when it left them. The duration of the loan will be two weeks from once it gets to your home. We will provide you with a shipping label if possible (in countries where we cannot, you will be required to post to the next participant with tracked shipping, we can refund the shipping cost for which we will require the receipt as evidence.)

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jul 24, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #2 of 28
Here at HIFIMAN we want to try to give back to the community and it is with this goal in mind that are initiating the TWS600 True Wireless Hi-Fi Earphones Loaner Tour. In short, we are putting TWS600 in the hands of forum members of the community to experience HIFIMAN gear in the forum that matters most and thus is the most important community.

The HIFIMAN TWS600 True Wireless Hi-Fi Earphones offer a technological twist, Bluetooth that extends reception as far as 150 meters/490 feet, thanks to the company’s

Customization of a standard True Wireless chip. The improvements in RF reception result in a significantly lengthened signal range. In addition to the extensive reach of the Bluetooth transmission, the TWS600 features HIFIMAN’s Topology Diaphragm tech: each earbud’s diaphragm, which converts mechanical vibrations to sound, is covered with a Nano particle coating that contributes to greater sonic detail than is typically associated with True Wireless earphones.

Created by and for music lovers who demand the best imaginable sonics from their earphones, the TWS600 includes several ingredients that are unique to the brand. For example, the company’s Advanced Alloy Voice Coil maximizes vocal clarity and full-range sonic reproduction, while the Hi-tech Magnet ensures maximum sensitivity, which is critical for achieving the best possible sound from smartphones, tablets, and other low-voltage portable devices.

The TWS600 earphones provide 5.5 hours of playtime, with an additional 33 hours available from the portable charging case. Designed for active use, the TWS600 is IPX4-rated for resistance to sweat and dirt over hours of uninterrupted use. And, its ultra-low latency characteristics allow users to enjoy videos without audible delay.
20190724104645_92391.jpg

Interested? If so, please note that at the moment, the program is operating exclusively in United States. In the space below, please confirm that you want to borrow the headphone and fill your city and country (we will PM you for your full details.) Then in a line or two say why you would like to take part. Also, in return for being included in the program, we ask that you commit to posting your first impressions of the TWS600 when it arrives, with a more detailed assessment after you had a couple weeks to spend some quality time listening to your favorite music.

T&C’s

To take part you must be located in United States. We will select who takes part and in what order, we will inform prospective participants once they are next in line. This is to confirm they are available and allow us to ensure smooth handovers. Participants must also provide us with a photo of the item just before they pass it onward so that we can confirm its good condition when it left them. The duration of the loan will be two weeks from once it gets to your home. We will provide you with a shipping label if possible (in countries where we cannot, you will be required to post to the next participant with tracked shipping, we can refund the shipping cost for which we will require the receipt as evidence.)
I would like to take part in this loaner program.
I live in Aventura,Fl.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #5 of 28
Put me down as interested! I'm usually in Santa Fe, NM but may be in Seattle, WA depending on my position in the tour.

I'm intrigued by Bluetooth developing into a legitimate audiophile technology given its inherent portability and convenience, and if these sound good and function well (that range, though, damn) I may just end up buying a pair or two….

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #6 of 28
I would like to take part in the loaner tour. I'm located in Los Angeles, CA area (USA) I am interested in this item because I have been trying to find a truly wireless pair that can compete with air pods in terms of accessibility and usability without minimal sacrifice in audio fidelity.

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #7 of 28
Sign me up please

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #8 of 28
NVM just read it's for USA only

Jul 24, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #9 of 28
I'm very interested and would like to participate. I live in Denver, CO USA. I've tried nearly every 1st Gen. I'm really interested in a legitimate audiophile TW option, but one does not exist at the moment.

Jul 25, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #10 of 28
Please sign me up for this tour. I would be very interested to hear and compare how these Totally Wireless IEM stack up to the competition.

Aug 1, 2019 at 9:55 PM Post #14 of 28
I would like to be part of the loaner tour.

East Chicago, IN

I've been waiting to jump in the BT headphone game and why not let it be with HI-FI Man IEM that are truly wireless. (plus I have/had a few of your headphones and enjoyed them all)

Aug 2, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #15 of 28
Thanks HifiMan, I received the HiFiMan TWS600 safe and ‘sound’ and would like to post my very brief INITIAL impressions using the Final type E tips. With the Final type E tips I may not have had to remove them to fit the case but I did because it seemed like a tight fit with them. Maybe it was because I use the LG size of tips?

With my tips the TWS600 was a comfortable fit and a great seal, as usual with the Final tips. The buttons worked well for up and down volume, and so far have used only with Tidal via my s7 Edge and will try my DAP later.

I had a little difficulty opening the case until I figured out correct finger placement. (What! Read the directions?! I’m a guy, and... well you know…)

The signal goes to the left iem then is transferred to the right iem, and the only issue so far I noticed is that the sound from the right iem had somewhat frequent dropouts, (maybe every five minutes, but havent timed it yet), of less than one second.

The sound is fairly balanced with nothing offensive. The bass was a little light in slam but was sufficient for me, but I’m not a basshead. And the genres of music I listen to don’t require a lot of sub bass. The mids might be a little dry, but clean and present enough. For me the treble was a bit rolled off and with short decay. I would like a little more treble. Disclaimer, I’m older than dirt with some high frequency hearing loss and I like a little extra treble to add a little excitement to my listening. (Eg, HD650 used to be ok, but now too rolled off for my high freq rolled off hearing.)

Background BT noise was not an issue for me, I thought it was very minimal. I haven’t had a chance to measure battery life.

One thing I really like about the TWS600, and actually any tws iem is the fact of having NO wires. I wasn’t aware of how much wired iems can affect your listening experience. There is always the thought in my mind ‘what to do with the wires’, do I keep them around my neck, do I keep my DAP or phone in my front or back pockets or shirt pocket or pants pockets? With the TWS600 it obviously doesn’t matter, you don’t have to worry about it. And it is awesome to not have to worry about if you have to turn your head one way or the other and pulling on the wire. It is really a pleasant, freeing experience without any hindrance or restraint.

I haven't tried other tws iems, but after this experience I will be interested in seeing if these would be my preference or not, and look forward to going wireless as an occasional option.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back