HiFiMan Susvara
Nov 14, 2023 at 10:20 PM Post #22,621 of 26,885
Could you cite an example of any of such Tube amps (with 3D Holographic Soundstage) at 2/3rd of the Prelude's Street Price?

Any used ampsandsound amp on the classifieds, particularly the Forge (32/300 ohm) at 1500 used. It won't have the slam or macrodynamics of the OOR or even the Schiit Mjolnir 3, but it will stage like a concert hall with accurate 3D imaging with Susvara (provided you have a DAC capable of holographic imaging). You would have to go with Envy with Elrog Mo tubes if you want to get the dynamics along with the concert hall staging.

Nov 15, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #22,622 of 26,885
I repurchased the Susvara because I realized I was underpowering it with the gs-x mini and I upgraded to the ferrum oor after I sold it. The bass extension and dynamics are massive on this headphone. It has the best imaging of any headphone i've heard. Every singer and instrument is accurately placed across the stage. It's not confined to the typical left, right, and center soundstage of normal headphones.

Nov 15, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #22,623 of 26,885
I repurchased the Susvara because I realized I was underpowering it with the gs-x mini and I upgraded to the ferrum oor after I sold it. The bass extension and dynamics are massive on this headphone. It has the best imaging of any headphone i've heard. Every singer and instrument is accurately placed across the stage. It's not confined to the typical left, right, and center soundstage of normal headphones.

The Oor is a fantastic amplifier and it really does compliment the Susvara well! Are you pairing the Oor with the Hypsos, as well?

Nov 15, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #22,624 of 26,885
The Oor is a fantastic amplifier and it really does compliment the Susvara well! Are you pairing the Oor with the Hypsos, as well?
I didn't get the hypsos because when I demoed it I didn't hear a difference. I love the Oor because it's small, has tons of power, and doesn't get hot (the gs-x mini was like an oven during the summer).

Nov 15, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #22,625 of 26,885
no question, as much as it has been discussed to death the amping of the susvara is vital and unless you pair properly you will never experience the susvara to its best

Nov 15, 2023 at 6:09 PM Post #22,626 of 26,885
That’s the good thing on the Susvara aswell a bad thing 😂😂 if your bored with it get a better amp and the journey just starts over again 😂 I went from a EF400 to Phonitor X to Ferrum and now Felix Envy, didn’t tried higher gear but the Envy sounds so beautiful just amazing listening to it 🙌🏼 and I don’t know if the higher price tag for Egoista, Rivera, Primavera etc really worth it, I use the Envy also as a Preamp with Monos just a perfect synergy 🤩

Nov 15, 2023 at 7:50 PM Post #22,627 of 26,885
I didn't get the hypsos because when I demoed it I didn't hear a difference. I love the Oor because it's small, has tons of power, and doesn't get hot (the gs-x mini was like an oven during the summer).

Lucky! When Initially demoed the Oor with & without the Hypsos, I could tell a difference… Saves you money, in the long run!

Nov 16, 2023 at 2:33 AM Post #22,628 of 26,885
That’s the good thing on the Susvara aswell a bad thing 😂😂 if your bored with it get a better amp and the journey just starts over again 😂 I went from a EF400 to Phonitor X to Ferrum and now Felix Envy, didn’t tried higher gear but the Envy sounds so beautiful just amazing listening to it 🙌🏼 and I don’t know if the higher price tag for Egoista, Rivera, Primavera etc really worth it, I use the Envy also as a Preamp with Monos just a perfect synergy 🤩
Hifiman EF1000 is superior to the Felix Envy with the Susvara to my ears.

Nov 16, 2023 at 4:10 AM Post #22,629 of 26,885
I think the ENLUEM 23R is a better all around SS amp for Susvara but in what areas is the EF1000 “superior” to the Envy? Was the Envy compared to EF 1000 with upgraded tubes (Elrog MO etc)? Areas of comparison : 1. Expansiveness of sound stage 2. Lingering tail of notes and reverberations. 3. Blackness of background. 4. micro-detail of treble without sibilance 4. Bass response speed and clarity/punch 5. Presence of sub bass. Etc etc

Nov 16, 2023 at 4:15 AM Post #22,630 of 26,885
“I don’t know if the higher price tag for Egoista, Riviera, Primavera etc really worth it”. Add to the list Woo33 elite and EF1000 both nearly double the price of the Envy with tube upgrades. Did you compare your Envy to any of these other much more expensive amps?

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2023 at 5:30 AM Post #22,631 of 26,885
I fall in love with the Envy the way it sounds now, with my DAC, Cables and the Monos, Speakers and Susvara, if i would listen to other gear i have to find the right synergy to like the sound, for my ears it sounds perfect with the Envy, i wouldnt prefer more detail, sharpnes or bass, thats why i dont consider to try other gear honestly. it took my 2 years to find the right sound for myself.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #22,632 of 26,885
I think the ENLUEM 23R is a better all around SS amp for Susvara but in what areas is the EF1000 “superior” to the Envy? Was the Envy compared to EF 1000 with upgraded tubes (Elrog MO etc)? Areas of comparison : 1. Expansiveness of sound stage 2. Lingering tail of notes and reverberations. 3. Blackness of background. 4. micro-detail of treble without sibilance 4. Bass response speed and clarity/punch 5. Presence of sub bass. Etc etc
I don't know if the Envy had upgraded tubes. But even it it hadn't, I believe the gap was too big a difference to make up even if the Envy had upgraded tubes.
The EF1000 is superior to the music I was hearing in all departments including the 1 to 5 traits / performance criteria's you mention in your post.

Nov 16, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #22,633 of 26,885
I don't know if the Envy had upgraded tubes. But even it it hadn't, I believe the gap was too big a difference to make up even if the Envy had upgraded tubes.
The EF1000 is superior to the music I was hearing in all departments including the 1 to 5 traits / performance criteria's you mention in your post.
I think in the end it comes to personal preference, I think the EF1000 sounds more solid state, where the Envy gets you more musical, organic, holographic soundstage this is what I am experiencing, I used Solid State Amps with the Susvara and I wasn’t impressed with the soundstage and imaging and the midrange is magical with the 300b tubes, it was more in my head then outside experience. With the Envy it just opened up.

Nov 16, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #22,634 of 26,885
If I only have a unicorn wishlist, it would be imparting the Donald North Audio sound signature to the Susvara. It doesn’t drive it hard enough for the dynamics to excel when I tried my Susvara with it but the mids and treble, soundstage, room reverbs are tonally perfect to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back